Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
Apr 3, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #151 of 173
The card was formatted in the X1 - when I check property in Windows it says fat32.
I've just put it in a card reader to check and Windows thinks it's unformatted! Popped it back into X1 and all tunes are there. Maybe this is a different bug after all.
Am currently in process of backing up and reformatting, will report back in about 12 hours or so.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #152 of 173
The card was formatted in the X1 - when I check property in Windows it says fat32.
I've just put it in a card reader to check and Windows thinks it's unformatted! Popped it back into X1 and all tunes are there. Maybe this is a different bug after all.
Am currently in process of backing up and reformatting, will report back in about 12 hours or so.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #153 of 173
OK, all done and working fine.
Think it may be a card issue though - it hung for an age at the end of the scan again, being at work I left it and it eventually finished.
The card isn't readable or formatable in anything other than the X1 - something to look into when I have a spare day sometime I suppose.

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #154 of 173
Not sure if this is a bug as such, but I did expect play through folders option to also work when playing tracks through the category view - so that the next track/album would play at the end of the previous. Unfortunately that's not the case. If this could be done it would allow for even more flexibility for the player.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #155 of 173
Not sure if this is a bug as such, but I did expect play through folders option to also work when playing tracks through the category view - so that the next track/album would play at the end of the previous. Unfortunately that's not the case. If this could be done it would allow for even more flexibility for the player.

Hi, totalfusion.

Kindly be noted that, the setting "Play through folders" just only takes effect when going access to "Browse files", but not "Category"-> "Album". So it is not a bug. 
Ok, we will consider your this suggestion seriously. 
smile.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #158 of 173
2016-02-01
Beta firmware version 1.61beta for the X1 isnow available!

2. Added library search function: activate by holding Shortcuts button in any category or folder browsing screen; use previous / next buttons to switch between numbers and alphabet).

Well... I thought that one day it would possible to use playlist functions (add to playlist/favorite) with holding the Shortcut button while in browsing mode. Now I still have to play a song to add it to a playlist?

Also I don't understand while holding down the PLAY/PAUSE button the volume menu appear when you have separate volume rockers. The should be used for something else.

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #159 of 173
Hi, saltydog81.

1. When running the FW1.61beta on the X1, you still have to play a song to add it to playlist. But you can add songs to favorite directly without playing songs firstly. 

2. It is a shortcut to show volume menu if holding the Playa/pause button. We think it will be convenient for some customers to adjust the volume.

Of course, if you have any feedback or suggestion, please share with us. :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #160 of 173
  Hi, saltydog81.

1. When running the FW1.61beta on the X1, you still have to play a song to add it to playlist. But you can add songs to favorite directly without playing songs firstly. 

2. It is a shortcut to show volume menu if holding the Playa/pause button. We think it will be convenient for some customers to adjust the volume.

Of course, if you have any feedback or suggestion, please share with us. :)

Hi FiiO-Shadow, Thanks for your reply.

1. I know the Favorite playlist feature but this isn't convenient in my case. It shows all files and I have no possibilty to search by Catgories (ID3 tag) - which would be great in 2016. And due to my file names are <trackno><title> it is inconvenient for me to use Favorites (folder structure is <artist>\<year><album name>). Is Category search in favorites in FW1.61beta? (Please don't tell me to reorganise my folders/files - where are in 2016 and meta data should be used over folders and files)

Btw #1: Favorite playlist is very slow if you have more than a couple of thousands songs.
Btw #2: Why don't you add this feature also to the "normal" playlist?
Btw #3: Selecting a song in favorite list with the PREV/NEXT button wasn't intuitive for me.

2. Just mentioning that volume function is redudant and it could be used for something else in future.

Further question about the new library search FW1.61b: Is it searching "folders/files" or ID3 tags (or both)?

I like the X1 player much, but the playlist handling isn't good at all. I was a Rockbox user before and so I liked the "dynamic playlist" while listening to a song and add the next songs in my queue (depending on my music mood).

I know and understand the Fiio UI isn't supposed to be something like Rockbox, but you should focus the playlist handling more. Thanks!

May 3, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #161 of 173
Hello,

I'm using fw 1.61Beta

Search function:
- Not really good, because it only search from the start of the song's title : i have a file named " 01-Intrigue-Let sleeping dogs lie". I have to search for songs starting by "01-" to catch it. i can't find  this song if i type the word "dog".
- The search function only search in the folder where i am, and not the entire music collection on the sd card.

Bug:
Some songs merged with other. I'm listening a song A and for 1sec or less, I can hear another song B playing (but i'm still on the same song A !)

May 11, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #162 of 173
I also noticed, that the display switches on when battery low alert fires. This has the effect that the display switches on shows low battery warning, then (automatically, depending on your settings) switches off, switches on again and so on.

May 13, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #163 of 173
Hi, everybody.  I'm the proud owner of an X1 (en-route, to be delivered in 2 days!) after a disappointing experience with another player.  I have about 12,000 files, mostly in FLAC (a couple hundred in high-bitrate MP3).  Most of them have embedded cover-art (which I understand the X1 will show) and many have embedded lyrics.  What should I do to show these while they're playing?  Do I need to do something special, like create external LRC files?
If so, any suggestions for doing this in batch?
Thanks a bunch -- looking forward to being an active member!

May 28, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #165 of 173
  Hello,

I'm using fw 1.61Beta

Search function:
- Not really good, because it only search from the start of the song's title : i have a file named " 01-Intrigue-Let sleeping dogs lie". I have to search for songs starting by "01-" to catch it. i can't find  this song if i type the word "dog".
- The search function only search in the folder where i am, and not the entire music collection on the sd card.

Bug:
Some songs merged with other. I'm listening a song A and for 1sec or less, I can hear another song B playing (but i'm still on the same song A !)

I agree that a full search across tags, folders, and filenames, on the entire TF card would be ridiculously awesome, but even this location-context search (within current browse level) is very useful if you browse by folder.  

For example, my music files are structured on the TF card in the Artist Name -> Album Name -> TrackNumber_TrackName

I don't typically have a need to search within an album, so once in a given album I don't tend to need search at all.  

However, I have enough music that the endless scrolling to get to the M's  was always annoying and now I can just jump directly to artists starting with M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back