Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Dec 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #1,246 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO. C700s are anyhting but thin soundsing.....
They have the best bass response from the IEMs I have owned (SE530 SE420 ER4P IM716 EX700, not sure about FX500) but suffer heavily from recessed high. I only use them unamped btw!

Comparing to shures I wouldn't call C700 highs recessed - shures have much sweeter mids but highs are pretty recessed compared to denons

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #1,247 of 1,418
Lately I've decided the C700 sound their best with Complys T400 foam tips. Anyone else with me on this?

The highs are smoother, bass deeper, and of course isolation improves just by changing the tips. I still like my other IEM just a little better, but this reminds me there a reason I've kept these longer than any of my other phones.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #1,248 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lately I've decided the C700 sound their best with Complys T400 foam tips. Anyone else with me on this?

The highs are smoother, bass deeper, and of course isolation improves just by changing the tips. I still like my other IEM just a little better, but this reminds me there a reason I've kept these longer than any of my other phones.

Yes, I agree so far. The default Denon tips are a joke.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #1,250 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys and gals, anyone knows possible successor to these awesome earphones or a higher end IEM from Denon?

I've been keeping an eye out for months!!
I know they bought out some new earphones a while ago, but there were no upgrades to the C700/C751. It must be TIME for a successor!

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #1,251 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been keeping an eye out for months!!
I know they bought out some new earphones a while ago, but there were no upgrades to the C700/C751. It must be TIME for a successor!

They bought some new earphones a while ago? Inform me please. And it IS time for a successor! I like those c751 so much that i'm planing to order additional two pairs cos i've found them cheap (considering i paid nearly 200€ for mine a year ago and now they're half of it). But we STILL need a successor
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #1,252 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They bought some new earphones a while ago? Inform me please.

There was an AH-C452 and C252 (the ones I remember), but definitely no successor to the C700/751
confused.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #1,254 of 1,418
Hi everyone,

Just got my new AH-C751s today and couldn't wait to give them a try.

I have been listening to super.fi 4's for some time now, so I can't help but compare the two - I am using both with ComplyFoam T400 tips

1) The soundstage of the Denons is definitely wider with instruments/vocals better positioned spatially
2) Denons clearly have a much stronger (still very clear) bass, which struck me as dominating the mix
3) Detail is very good
4) The vocals appear to be quite a bit recessed though as if hiding behind the instruments

Did someone experience the same upon the first listen? Will this be cured with adequate burn-in? Or should I start worrying?

Thank you for you advice

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #1,255 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by genekh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone,

I have been listening to super.fi 4's for some time now, so I can't help but compare the two - I am using both with ComplyFoam T400 tips

1) The soundstage of the Denons is definitely wider with instruments/vocals better positioned spatially
2) Denons clearly have a much stronger (still very clear) bass, which struck me as dominating the mix
3) Detail is very good
4) The vocals appear to be quite a bit recessed though as if hiding behind the instruments

Did someone experience the same upon the first listen? Will this be cured with adequate burn-in? Or should I start worrying?

Thank you for you advice

1) yup - the stage is definately nice and wider
2) the bass is *very* strong. I found it a very pleasant change from my ER-4Ps but at the same time they can be overwhelming. Mine did bed down after a while
3) mmm - not so impressed with the detail myself. Especially when I compared with my new NE-7Ms which have much more detail (although this is unamped...)
4) didn't notice this myself.

Good headphones though
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #1,257 of 1,418
Quote:

Hi everyone,

3) Detail is very good

Thank you for you advice

Lately, the bass on the C751 (with stock tips) has sounded terrible with complex metal. The double bass, especially when played fast, sound like little clicks in the midst of the riffs. Would you say that the bass on the C751 improves when using the Comply Foam T-400 tips?

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #1,258 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lately, the bass on the C751 (with stock tips) has sounded terrible with complex metal. The double bass, especially when played fast, sound like little clicks in the midst of the riffs. Would you say that the bass on the C751 improves when using the Comply Foam T-400 tips?

I can't comment on complex metal, as I mostly listen to electronic and acoustic music. However, I tried the stock tips straight away and the bass sounded terrible - lots of it, but kind of muddled. With Comply Foam tips it's more punchy and focussed with complex bass parts in electronic music sounding very distinct - hope that helps

I find comply foam tips to be more comfortable than the stock ones as well - they soften in your ear canal (body heat) and you just forget you are wearing the Denons

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #1,259 of 1,418
Quote:

I can't comment on complex metal, as I mostly listen to electronic and acoustic music. However, I tried the stock tips straight away and the bass sounded terrible - lots of it, but kind of muddled. With Comply Foam tips it's more punchy and focussed with complex bass parts in electronic music sounding very distinct - hope that helps

I find comply foam tips to be more comfortable than the stock ones as well - they soften in your ear canal (body heat) and you just forget you are wearing the Denons

I've just replied to someone's interest in buying a pair of C700/C751, but if I don't sell them I'll definitely have to try the Comply T-400. More punchy and focused is exactly what I have been looking for...

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #1,260 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find the vocals very recessed on them, but then i tend to like lots of vocals, the denons do do them very nicely i just wish they were as forward as the highs and bass is

A nice forward amp will bring out the vocals with C700 and smooth out the highs a little, like Meier Headsix or Nuforce Icon Mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back