Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Nov 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #1,216 of 1,418
I do use and love the foamies on my SE210s but I am not too comfortable about shoving "Q Tips" too far in the ear canal and unfortunately I do seem to generate a fair bit of ear wax. I still have a number of cleaning tools from my various pairs of Shures so maybe they will be OK for keeping the Denons clean.

Would love to hear from people who have had to clean theirs or see some photos of the Denons up close so I can see what they look like when the Tips are removed.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #1,218 of 1,418
hmm my pair of C751's just arrived and playing with them now, so far im afraid to say im rather dissapointed. with out the little FiiO amp the bass from them just sounds so wheesy and forced, punches but a lack of ability o sustain a low deep note. with the amp they do improve but still i just dont feel happy, they are just not makeing me smile at all

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #1,219 of 1,418
most portables will not be able to drive bass well from the c700. you either need an amp, an impedance adapter or a good portable that can drive low ohm iems.

sony, clip, old shuffle and new ipods ring a bell.

otherwise, you will get bass spitting that is uncontrolled.

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #1,220 of 1,418
put them back on a littel while ago and seem to have improved greatly, so going to leave them overnight playing. im hopeing that will help, ive really never noticed and difference from a "burn in" in anyother headphones ive had but im hopeful there will be some improvement

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #1,221 of 1,418
Denon's IEMs are using dynamic driver and they do benefit from this " burn in" effect (tried and proofed it myself and most of people here in this forum). Portable player may not be able to drive C700 or C551 properly tho.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #1,222 of 1,418
now morning so having another listen and well they have calmed down a bit but still feel somewhat uncontrolled, feel as though they have a much larger dynamic range in volume than others. now they do sound clear and detailed but in a lot of things they just feel uncomfortable and i find my self wanting to turn them down all the time, my shures i have to stop myself turning them up all the time like they are goading me on. the C751 and the air pressure they produce im just not likeing, makes me feel like i have a cold or on a plane in ascent or decent. does this ever go away?

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #1,223 of 1,418
Funny that you said Denon's have more pressure than Shure IEMs. For me, it's the other way around like 180 degree different. No pressure at all from the Denons because they have that big hole in the back that balance the air pressure inside the ear.
Maybe you just not used to Denon's sound signature after using the Shure, they are very different imo.

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #1,224 of 1,418
well now another day on and they have been burning again all night and the high end uncontrolled screaming has dissipated quite a lot and is now much more comfortable to listen to. am finding the low end of bass in tracks a little too punchy and uncontrolled still but am begining to see why people like these. i think if you pay the full £140 - £150 they seem to go for most places in the uk id feel they not worth it but for the £80 i got them for they really are fairly good value. oh and i do like the magic wire on them

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #1,225 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think if you pay the full £140 - £150 they seem to go for most places in the uk id feel they not worth it
but for the £80 i got them for they really are fairly good value.
Oh and i do like the magic wire on them

Yeah, the price they sell for in the UK is ridiculous! They were available on Amazon.com at one point for about a third of the UK price. But here, they're only about £30 less than the Triple.fi 10 Pro!!!!

Oh, and the 'magic cable' is just, err... magic
smile_phones.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #1,227 of 1,418
Still can't believe I paid $199 for them when they first came out. Bought them at a local retail store that had a demo pair and I thought they were better than the Shure E4c that I'd bought there previously. They definitely need some burn-in to mellow out and sound like the demos, but my Klipsch Image are just much better that I don't even carry the C700 around with me anymore. What the C700 did well was make a bad sounding iPod headphone out sound good, but with better iPods and iMod the C700 are not my favorite anymore.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #1,228 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still can't believe I paid $199 for them when they first came out. Bought them at a local retail store that had a demo pair and I thought they were better than the Shure E4c that I'd bought there previously. They definitely need some burn-in to mellow out and sound like the demos, but my Klipsch Image are just much better that I don't even carry the C700 around with me anymore. What the C700 did well was make a bad sounding iPod headphone out sound good, but with better iPods and iMod the C700 are not my favorite anymore.

Interested in selling them? I know somebody overseas who might be interested in them and I can act as a third party moderator for you. We can take it offline from here, so send me a PM if you're interested...

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #1,230 of 1,418
A couple of questions on RE2 vs. C700 (posted before but I need some specific answers).

Please note that this is C700 unamped vs. RE2 with Fiio E3
What is the difference in sound stage between the RE2 with Fiio E3 and C700?
How are vocals between the two?
Which one works better with the Sansa Clip?

And two questions that I don't want to be a comparison.
How much bass do these things put out?
If I use foamies, will it help with the treble harshness that some people experience with these?

Please answer regardless of value/money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back