Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 1, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #61 of 1,418
OK, stop it. I can't fit 3 of you over my knee. . . or can I?

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #62 of 1,418
To go back in topic, Bluetin has the Denon at 118$, which is great (and gives us warranty, provided that we ship back to Japan).

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #63 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To go back in topic, Bluetin has the Denon at 118$, which is great (and gives us warranty, provided that we ship back to Japan).

Thank you Anthony. . . that IS a great deal, even better than mine. . . all we need now is for Denon to 'remember' to make some silicon tips for their own headphones!

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #64 of 1,418
I'm sure they will. They have also to support their next generation flagship, AH-C751.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #65 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, stop it. I can't fit 3 of you over my knee. . . or can I?

Wait, what? I thought it was a legitimate question. New thread material, perhaps...

Sorry, sooz...
icon10.gif

On topic, I'm in the early stages of listening to my new AH-C700s. First impressions after the original owner's several days of burn-in: Wonderfully full, detailed, and immersive bass. Impressive detail across the frequency spectrum, in fact. Lovely highs, mids a bit diffused (vs. up-front) but still very present. Also a bit more sharpness than I would prefer when it comes to the sibilant aspects of recorded material; it may actually be a testament to the C700s' revealing-ness...but my impressions seem to mirror HeadphoneAddict's on that front. I've done some experimenting with various tips (the Shure e2 soft flex and Ultimate Ears silicone being the most successful) and think I prefer the UE silicones at this point. I must say I'm hard-pressed to find a clear winner between these and the Atrio m5s...They are both excellent earphones that make the choice more a matter of sonic preference than absolute sound quality. That said, I do believe the Atrios are still my personal faves thanks to their slightly smoother signature.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #66 of 1,418
Can you please elaborate about the Denon and the Atrios? i.e. quantity of bass, presence of midrange, soundstage

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #67 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, what? I thought it was a legitimate question. New thread material, perhaps...
Sorry, sooz...
icon10.gif

You are forgiven. . .
biggrin.gif

Quote:

On topic, I'm in the early stages of listening to my new AH-C700s. First impressions after the original owner's several days of burn-in: Wonderfully full, detailed, and immersive bass. Impressive detail across the frequency spectrum, in fact. Lovely highs, mids a bit diffused (vs. up-front) but still very present. Also a bit more sharpness than I would prefer when it comes to the sibilant aspects of recorded material; it may actually be a testament to the C700s' revealing-ness

See, that's very interesting as the only sibilance I noticed was with the same songs I had sibilance with before on the E500, UM2, E4 etc. And I find the mids to be pretty upfront like the Shure SE310s, but I guess we're forgetting that we are using the same headphones but with different sources and that will definitely influence what we hear. I plugged mine into my b/f Zen Touch and they sounded better than his headphones from the dollar store. . .
biggrin.gif
but not as good as they did on my Sony, so it's impossible to hear the same thing unless we're testing with the same source, agreed?

Quote:

I've done some experimenting with various tips (the Shure e2 soft flex and Ultimate Ears silicone being the most successful) and think I prefer the UE silicones at this point.

Did you have to adjust the inner cores of the tips, and did you notice if the bass dropped off? Which tips gave the closest sound to the Denon tips?

EDIT: There are no inner cores in the flex tips are there?
redface.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #68 of 1,418
I'm sure they would sound lovely with my JVC. I have had a pleasant surprise with the modded Altec Lansing iM716 (41 Ohm), sounding as good as the Etymotic, but being warmer, less sibilant and with decent bass. I really look forward to compare the Denon with them.

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #69 of 1,418
Quote:

This is a great price,i'm ordering mine this weekend
etysmile.gif
One question:are the C700 made in japan?

Sep 2, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #72 of 1,418
Quote:

Can you please elaborate about the Denon and the Atrios? i.e. quantity of bass, presence of midrange, soundstage

Let me do some more extensive listening, and then I'll repost.
etysmile.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #75 of 1,418
something ive noticed from pics of the denon earphones is that they lack a gold plated connector which seems like a little bit of a let down and a no brainer for high end earphones,im sure it meks no big difference ofcourse but a no brainer none the less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back