Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 5, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #77 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question:are the C700 made in japan?

china made (looking at them now). agree that being japan-made should stand for something. but, lets not forget that all the shure earphones are ALL china-made, including top class E500 and SE530. being japan-made is a plus, but i think china-made is not instantly a negative.

the plugs are gold plated. yes, the pixs floating around do show them in silver .. hmm .. maybe, later batches are gold plated? those that we have now are all in gold.

but, i thought it is rather stingy of them not to add any carrying case, not even a crappy drawstring pouch. for that, top marks to panasonic hje70, such a cool metal case. sony ex90sl also comes with a very neat epi-leather pouch with a cable spooler. that makes it a nice total user experience.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #78 of 1,418
keep the AH-C700s, i wrote a review of them earlier this year, they were wonderful. i ended up selling them to visia, which probably wasnt the best thing i did considering im in the market for a portable setup again.

Sep 5, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #80 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by minhwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but, i thought it is rather stingy of them not to add any carrying case, not even a crappy drawstring pouch.

I guess if they can't even make replacement silicon tips for their own headphones - then a carrying case is like asking for the moon! I forgive them only because the sound quality outweighs the negatives. . . still, I don't think I've ever come across such a stingy company before
frown.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #81 of 1,418
There is this guy on eBay who sells the Denon for an average price of 90$:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Denon-AH-C700-Si...:B:SRCH:US:101
I still haven't got one (another guy edged my offer, and won the C700 for 91$), but I thought it could be useful for a few of us.

EDIT: last auctions ended at 30-40$. I don't know if they are fake, tho.

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #82 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me do some more extensive listening, and then I'll repost.
etysmile.gif

Well, I, for one, am still waiting anxiously...

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #83 of 1,418
considering they are not well known, that they can be found for $150 in stores when official retail is $200, and that denon has allready announced, shown and soon to market the C751, which is the C700 replacement, finding them for $40-$60 on ebay wouldnt be outside the limits of logic, and considering seller is in the US, unless the guy brings fake ones from another source, then i think its all good,

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #84 of 1,418
anthony, $40 does seem a strangely low price. Did you look at 'completed listings' on eBay to see what other ones had sold for? Also, as happy and in love with my Denons as I am. . . the thought I could have picked up a pair for $40 makes me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Maybe, as Aevum suggested, they're not well known yet, and with the impending release of the 700 update. . . if I didn't have a pair, I'd have taken the risk and bought the $40 ones, mainly because it's not a huge financial risk and the risk of them being fakes is highly unlikely. I'd like to pick up a backup pair for myself at that price!

Sep 8, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #85 of 1,418
Guys, just don't rush all on the same pair!
biggrin.gif

In the meanwhile, I contacted Bluetin to make them aware of the low prices on ebay, and they have reduced their price by a whooping 5$. Now the C700 are 113$.

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #86 of 1,418
The pricing on ebay is very distressing. I got my Denons last week. Because of comfort issues, I am trying to sell them. It looks like I'm going to loose a bundle when I sell (paid $130). Timing is everything I guess. I am bummed!

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #87 of 1,418
Honus, I paid $125 (+ $25 shipping). I don't know how this seller is able to price them at $40. . . it's the bargain of the century. Unfortunately, I can't even get a second pair as backup because the seller doesn't ship outside of the US
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #88 of 1,418
40$ sounds way too cheap...like "too good to be true". We know there are fake Shures and Audio Technicas at ebay why not Denons? I'd rather pay more at bluetin and have peace of mind i got the real thing

Sep 9, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #89 of 1,418
I got the pair for sale yesterday. When I'll receive them, I'll report. Those Denons could be last pairs before the new model comes out, and this could be the reason for this stock being so cheap.

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #90 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the pair for sale yesterday. When I'll receive them, I'll report. Those Denons could be last pairs before the new model comes out, and this could be the reason for this stock being so cheap.

After reading the great review - and all the 5 pages with it - I am leaning towards Denons.

But when can we expect the new models? Because I can not find anything about them on google, except for "coming August", which of course ain't possible as it's already September.

I am also waiting for the Shure SE110's which are coming next week, but I love the brand Denon and if the first generation of their earphones are already that good, we can expect great things from the upcoming new models!

EDIT:

Anyone who speaks Japanish?

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=180&t=378560

<click on the blue links to see pictures of the Denon C751!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back