Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #631 of 733
7fb218a3_o2014schfm_hdr_txt.jpeg
Hey guys, have you ever wished there was a summit-fi dealer here in L.A.?  Somewhere you could go to get a last minute audition before making a significant purchase?

Well, there is!  AudioHigh (on La Brea in the heart of L.A.) is your ticket.

They've actually be around for years now.  If you don't already know about them, they'll be at the meet so it's a perfect opportunity to get acquainted with a local dealer.  They carry Audeze, Sennheiser, Chord/Chordette, Mal Valve, Meridian, Musical Fidelity, Grace Design, Bellari and more!

For the meet, they'll be bringing rigs featuring...

1. Meridian Prime Headphone Amp
  2. Meridian Director DAC
  3. Meridian Sooloos System
  4. Chord Hugo
  5. Chord QuteHD

...and using Sennheiser's HD 800 & HD 700 and Audeze's LCD-2 & Audeze LCD-3
278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg
Meet Special(s):  AudioHigh is offering "no sales tax" for all purchases made at the meet.  Actually, there's always sales tax, they're just discounting the item enough and paying it for you out of their own pocket.

And just in case you need that little bit of extra time to think over a large purchase, they are generously extending that "no sales tax" special for all purchases made within 7 days of the start of the meet.

BUT, if you do make a purchase at the meet, they are throwing in an extra bonus!  You'll receive a store credit - good for up to one year - that is equivalent to 10% of the product purchase amount (not including any sales tax they are paying for you).

4d19e4cc_o2014schfm_ftr_txt.jpeg

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #632 of 733

Yay, same here! 
smile.gif

And here's an update... Audeze is offering a 20% discount this time!  No, I am not messing around. 
biggrin.gif

OH SNAP!

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #634 of 733

Yay, same here! 
smile.gif

And here's an update... Audeze is offering a 20% discount this time!  No, I am not messing around. 
biggrin.gif

Wow, great discount.  Last time, 20% off on LCD-2 only.  

I really like Audeze.  I bought a secondhand LCD-3.  Then the left and right membranes ruptured (on different occasions) but Audeze replaced them for free, no question asked.  Hard to find a company stands behind its products like that.  They're local too, let's support them!      

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #635 of 733
Damn, Vostok DAC/Amp for Stax, LAu for $3700!?!? I' m honestly jealous of the kinda meets you guys are having out there. What a pity I'll be missing this.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #636 of 733
Finally posting my gear list. I honestly didn't know what I was going to bring until today:

Audio-GD M7 DAC
Empirical Audio Off Ramp 5 USB to i2s Converter
PS Audio Perfectwave 2 
Eddie Current 4-45 production amp (EML Mesh Plate 45s)
JPS Labs Abyss Headphones
"Joe Magnum" Headphones (Magnum v4 drivers in Joe Grado HP1000 aluminum cups)

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #637 of 733
  Finally posting my gear list. I honestly didn't know what I was going to bring until today:

Audio-GD M7 DAC
Empirical Audio Off Ramp 5 USB to i2d Converter
PS Audio Perfectwave 2 
Eddie Current 4-45 production amp (EML Mesh Plate 45s)
JPS Labs Abyss Headphones
"Joe Magnum" Headphones (Magnum v4 drivers in Joe Grado HP1000 aluminum cups)

Will definitely stop by and listen to the "god amp."  Serial number 1?

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #638 of 733
  Damn, Vostok DAC/Amp for Stax, LAu for $3700!?!? I' m honestly jealous of the kinda meets you guys are having out there. What a pity I'll be missing this.

Just give Currawong a blank singed check, I sure he can bring you back a bunch of goodies... :)

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #639 of 733
My Analog Squared Paper TU-05b arrived today. Please come by my half table for a listen. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #640 of 733
  My Analog Squared Paper TU-05b arrived today. Please come by my half table for a listen. 

That's awesome. I was just FB messaging Currawong yesterday saying it's a pity my TUR-06 was under repair/upgrade otherwise I would have sent it to him for him to show it off at the meet. Looks like not need anymore now that you have the TU-05b :D. Shikada-san would be highly pleased.

Mar 20, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #641 of 733

That's awesome. I was just FB messaging Currawong yesterday saying it's a pity my TUR-06 was under repair/upgrade otherwise I would have sent it to him for him to show it off at the meet. Looks like not need anymore now that you have the TU-05b :D. Shikada-san would be highly pleased.

Hey AnakChan,
Shikada-San was aware of the upcoming show. I'm sure he's happy I'm going to be able to bring it.

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #643 of 733
I'll be attending, as this will be my first head-fi meet. I will be bringing along the following:

iBasso DX50
C&C BH2
Aurisonics ASG-2
Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI

P.S. I hope its not to late to request a table... I just need 1/2. Is there anyone able to share with me? I'll be coming from the San Gabriel Valley

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #644 of 733
Anyone planning on bringing a AKG k612 or k712 pro?

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #645 of 733
My half table won't have much gear--I probably have room for two more compact setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back