Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #664 of 733
  That totally sucks! Unless it's cost prohibitive, maybe a day of headphone phun would be a good day to forget about things for awhile. Hope new work comes to you soon!

Yeah I'm still debating about going but moneys gonna get real tight soon...  Not working for 3.5 years cleaned me out and only working again for a year sucked...

I might go sell an organ and head to the meet.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #666 of 733

Official Noble Audio Announcement

For the first time, audiophiles and industry professionals can seamlessly switch between two IEM configurations, each with their own dedicated crossover network, without missing a beat. The result is an effortless experience that affords enthusiasts the ability to readily enjoy more than one interpretation of their music and professionals the ability to make more informed decisions on the fly.

Both the “full-range reference” Noble FR and “pure reference” Noble PR feature a discrete switch on the left and right faceplates. No additional tools are required and users can safely switch between configurations while their music plays. Furthermore, sustained use of the industry standard 2-pin socket configuration means that a countless number of aftermarket cables are already compatible.

The Noble FR and Noble PR are priced at $699 including shipping worldwide and will be available for immediate shipment in the next few days.

For an additional $275, the R configuration present in both the FR and PR can also be added to the 3C, 4C, and 5C acrylic CIEMs starting immediately.

As purveyors of the world’s finest CIEMs, we thought it would only be appropriate to also offer the world’s finest universal IEMs. Produced in extremely limited quantities due to constraints on his time, Wizard IEMs are meticulously handcrafted by the man himself. Each Wizard IEM is unique and is sold on an “as is” basis. In other words, Wizard IEMs are not made to order. What you see is what you get and once its gone, its gone.

The first lot of Wizard IEMs will be made available at the same time as the FR and PR.

The entire team here at Noble would like to thank the community and everyone who has shown us support during the last six months. It has been a lot of fun thus far and we are the necessary making steps to ensure we can continue to provide the Noble experience our listeners have come to enjoy.

Long live Noble!

See you all at the SoCal event with our 'official' friend HUGO...
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #667 of 733
Long time lurker, finally created an account and registered for the event! I've only just recently purchased my first set of headphones that didn't come with a phone or an ipod, so I'm maybe a little out of my depth but I'm excited to try out (and maybe purchase) some gear on Saturday.

P.S. I've been looking at the Fostex TH600 so if anyone who is attending has one and is able to bring it and willing to let me listen to it, that would be awesome. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #669 of 733
Son of a b@!/^!!! This is going to be an interesting trip... might need to get the dog sled out.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM CDT FRIDAY ...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING

* TIMING ...RAIN AND SNOW LATE THIS AFTERNOON WILL BECOME ALL SNOW LATER TONIGHT. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.

* WINDS ...ON FRIDAY 25 TO 35 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.

* VISIBILITIES ...ON FRIDAY ...BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY TO ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ...4 TO 6 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS ...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL ...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT ...FOOD ...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Contrast that with the forecast for Costa Mesa, CA:

>> Sun and a few passing clouds. High 64F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. 52F low overnight.

Bring shorts and sunscreen.

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #670 of 733
  Will I get laughed out of the building if I bring my monoprice headphones to listen with and to compare to "real" headphones???

LOL

Also you said no hair gel.... are hats OK to protect the owners headphones?

No. We will just have pity on you.

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #671 of 733
Well, a few of us are already at the hotel and had our first mini listening session. Looking forward to seeing everyone, this is going to be a whole lotta fun!!!!

Isn't it cheating to arrive early and not tell anyone?

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #672 of 733
Contrast that with the forecast for Costa Mesa, CA:

>> Sun and a few passing clouds. High 64F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. 52F low overnight.

Bring shorts and sunscreen.

That actually sounds a bit chilly to me.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #673 of 733
Got an earlier flight, now scheduled to be in at 4:30pm If all goes as planned.
Just have to get off the ground IN THIS:

Yep NO plane yet. THEY say it's on the way. We'll See...

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #674 of 733
I'm worried about traffic and the cold currently.
Last time I went to LA I almost got side swiped and one guy pulled into my fast lane when his lane was at a crawl... I hit both my brakes purty hard.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #675 of 733
It's so frigid here I am extremely worried that I may have to wear a long sleeve shirt and shoes.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back