Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #676 of 733
I'm worried about traffic and the cold currently.
Last time I went to LA I almost got side swiped and one guy pulled into my fast lane when his lane was at a crawl... I hit both my brakes purty hard.

For your family's sake don't ride your motorcycle in LA.

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #682 of 733
Would this thing drive the HE-6?
That's probably the only headphone I will bring. I have the Focal Spirit Pro, though. If there's interest I could bring it.

Something that size ought to be able to drive the HE-6...bring your Focal Spirit Pro if you can, as I'd love to hear it!

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #686 of 733
Hey everyone, I just wanted to throw this out there before I forget... please be courteous to your fellow SoCal Head-Fiers and resist the urge to camp out at a listening station tomorrow.  There are going to be a LOT of us there... so let's try to be good to one another and make sure no one gets assed out of a listen yeah?  Cool, thanks! 
smile.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #687 of 733
  Hey everyone, I just wanted to throw this out there before I forget... please be courteous to your fellow SoCal Head-Fiers and resist the urge to camp out at a listening station tomorrow.  There are going to be a LOT of us there... so let's try to be good to one another and make sure no one gets assed out of a listen yeah?  Cool, thanks! 
smile.gif

Luckily, the Hugo is portable, so this does not apply 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #688 of 733
7fb218a3_o2014schfm_hdr_txt.jpeg
A perennial friend and favorite of SoCal Head-Fiers, MrSpeakers returns for the third year in a row.  And as a SoCal Head-Fier himself, MrSpeakers's Dan Clark is sharing something special with us.

Tomorrow, we SoCal Head-Fiers will be the first to hear the all new Mad Dog PRO.

If you love the Mad Dog, but just wished that it had more speed and soundstage, then your wish has come true. The Mad Dog Pro features the Alpha Dog's baffle and pad mount to increase the speed and soundstage, making it a truly fun all-around headphone

In addition, MrSpeakers is also bringing the rest of their greatest hits, including their Mad Dog and Alpha Dog.  These will be hooked up to rigs featuring a Burson Conductor, Schiit's Gungnir/Mjolnir and, Schiit's BiFrost with Cavalli's Liquid Glass
278dd81b_o2014schfm_acc_sfd.jpeg
Meet Special(s):  MrSpeakers is offering 10% off their Mad Dog, Alpha Dog AND their all-new Mad Dog Pro.  So if you end up falling in love with the new Mad Dog Pro, this is your chance to take it home with you and save a bit of scratch.

ac3f4596_o2014schfm_acc_sfl.jpeg
Raffle Prize(s):  And one lucky attendee is going to walk away with a new Mad Dog Pro!  Thanks to MrSpeakers for contributing a hot new launch unit to the raffle!
4d19e4cc_o2014schfm_ftr_txt.jpeg

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #689 of 733

Would this thing drive the HE-6?
That's probably the only headphone I will bring. I have the Focal Spirit Pro, though. If there's interest I could bring it.

I am curious. IME, the horribly inefficient HE-6 tends to do better with big speaker amps, but we'll give it a shot. Hopefully there will be enough gain. I think so because the DACs I'm bringing have hot outputs.

The best pairing with this amp so far I've played around with is the HD800 (Anax modded).

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #690 of 733
Hey Third_eye or anyone else that can answer...

Can I bring a piece of gear to sell?  I just got one of the newly released TPEOS H-300 IEMs but it really didn't float my boat, so I was wondering if I could bring it for others to listen to and perhaps obtain at a great deal?

Thanks in advance...I am really looking forward to tomorrow!
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back