Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #227 of 431
Announcement...

MrSpeakers has donated a pair of Mad Dog Headphones for the raffle!

MrSpeakers website.  Mad Dog & options can be found here.

A very recent review by one of Head-Fi's contributors John Grandberg/project86) can be found here.

More reviews can be found here on Head-Fi (of course).

Thanks, Dan!

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #228 of 431
Thank you, Dan! That's an awesome donation!

Major thanks to everyone who has donated so far. The raffle is looking pretty special this year.

And some more thanks to everyone posting and attending! This thread was pretty sparse a few weeks back but now it looks like this meet is going to ROCK!

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #229 of 431
Im so down. Looking forward to my first meet, and its the day before my birthday! This is a pretty sick (unintentional) gift.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #231 of 431
I'm definitely in for this meet as I missed the past couple meets in the bay area, and I only live 15 minutes away!  

As for gear that I could bring if there are any table space left. 

Amp - WA2 

DAC - Musical Fidelity VDAC MKII 

Cans - ATHW5000, HE500, HD650

If not, I'll just bring my cans 

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #232 of 431
It hit me that I don't really have a laptop for a source with my Yulong. If someone wants to share space and let me just plug in my teeny tiny Yulong U100 and HE-400 so people can plug in sources via line in our aux in, or just test the HE-400, they can. I have a rock boxed classic with a LOD as a source too. Basically I can use a 1/4 table.

FYL, maybe we could share? I want to try a lot of your gear.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #234 of 431
Wow! Please count me in as well. This is going to an amazing meetup. I will be roaming around with a dacport and some hd650s/600s so i won't need table space. Yahoo!

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #236 of 431
  I want to attend but I don't have too to bring. Can I still come? 

Of course 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #237 of 431
I've booked a room for the hotel on Saturday night, so I'll be in the Bay Area for the weekend. 

No tables, but I'll have some of my mobile gear with me:

iMod 5g
iPod 5g (for comparison)
HeadAmp Pico Slim
v-moda Crossfade M-80

I listen to my setup through a pair a of JH-13s and it sounds great. Definitely worth listening to on a pair of IEMs. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #238 of 431
It hit me that I don't really have a laptop for a source with my Yulong. If someone wants to share space and let me just plug in my teeny tiny Yulong U100 and HE-400 so people can plug in sources via line in our aux in, or just test the HE-400, they can. I have a rock boxed classic with a LOD as a source too. Basically I can use a 1/4 table.

FYL, maybe we could share? I want to try a lot of your gear.

sure thing if there is available table space that is...  when is the next update?

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #239 of 431
^There is some space opening up...though we're allowing a little more time for a couple of confirmations we need before we make some diagram changes.
There will be an update this weekend at the latest, please continue to express wishes here as they are noticed :ph34r: and will be considered.
(Have to do some updating this weekend, we've only got a week left from this Sunday!)
If it seems quiet, we're actually still receiving vendor requests in the background and trying to juggle things for the best meet.
Everyone's enthusiasm and interest here keep us going...:bigsmile_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back