OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #256 of 473

Quote:
Wow.  Just wow.  
beerchug.gif

x2.5 
L3000.gif

But on another note... re. the soldering tutorials, etc., CEE TEE... you might want to check with hotel mgmt. Not to put a negative spin on this idea ('cuz I think it's great...), but it does deal with heat and there can be smoke, etc. I doubt they'd issue a 'hot work permit', but you just might want to make sure it's OK. You'd hate to set off the sprinklers on all this gear. Just sayin'

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #257 of 473
^Thanks, @shane55...does anyone know if there have been "soldering events" in hotels in the past?  Any issues?

Also, I am compiling the Member Gear List from thread and PM.  It is a BIG list.

Tomorrow night I hope to be fairly up-to-date with any reported gear.  (Then I will figure out how to link to it by the end of the weekend...) 

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #259 of 473
And... I'm back to 50/50 on the minus side.  The turbine repair that was going to keep me away dropped out, so things were looking good.  Now I have a compressor repair that will be 10 days round the clock, coming on on Tuesday, and shipping on Valentines Day.  Crud.  I really hope I can make it in with my bag of gear for at least a few hours.  CEE TEE and behind the scenes team look to have organized another killer great event!

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #261 of 473

Quote:
x2.5 
L3000.gif

But on another note... re. the soldering tutorials, etc., CEE TEE... you might want to check with hotel mgmt. Not to put a negative spin on this idea ('cuz I think it's great...), but it does deal with heat and there can be smoke, etc. I doubt they'd issue a 'hot work permit', but you just might want to make sure it's OK. You'd hate to set off the sprinklers on all this gear. Just sayin'

Among the classes I have done over the years were soldering classes at RMAF (Marriott) and VSAC (HIlton). Never had any problem. In particular if one person is simply demonstrating techniques there is not that much smoke and we can certainly use a table top fume extractor just like we use in our lab. IME this type of one person demo is the best way to do this at an event of this short length. Successfully coaching the proper assembly technique (as opposed to simply demonstrating) necessitates a one on one kind of training. Teaching several people to solder at once is something I have done and it is akin to cat herding. I will reiterate that it is critical to have a way for everyone to see the demo and a good macro camera and large screen would be necessary. In the past some hotels have supplied a camera and projection system for us.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #262 of 473
^I could check to see if we could have a camera/projection system (and how much), but will also need to find a good spot for the demo.

Not sure if the hallway could work for this with a camera/projection set-up...

Monday is the earliest I can reach my contact.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #264 of 473
^Got it, @aamefford!

UPDATE:  @nkkuma1 is now "@gogators"

@gogators, please check in to this thread and confirm that you are still bringing vintage orthos.  Thanks.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #265 of 473
For anyone interested in an after party once the meet finishes. I'm playing a rave same night as the meet. Event will be on Treasure Island. The event is called Stereo Love 3. I'm opening the trance room with Vocal Trance.

Event goes from 9pm - 2am.
https://www.facebook.com/events/240595449340072/

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #267 of 473

Quote:
Also:

purrin -- you gonna steal LFF's Paradox for the meet? 

Need to make a note so I don't forget, but here is the list:

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC
Eddie Current Balancing Act (slight mods to take PX25 tubes)
Sansui 5000 Receiver (with 100ohm headphone output converter box)
Objective 2 amp
CHA47 (paralleled CMOY)

HD800 (foam mods)
W3000ANV (mid-bass reduction / low-bass extension mods)
LCD3 (TP mods - going to Frank's table)
LFF T50RP Paradox
HP1000 (maybe - if anyone was ever curious about these)

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #269 of 473
CHA47... Cool! I have that on my short list as a first DIY.

Need to make a note so I don't forget, but here is the list:

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC
Eddie Current Balancing Act (slight mods to take PX25 tubes)
Sansui 5000 Receiver (with 100ohm headphone output converter box)
Objective 2 amp
CHA47 (paralleled CMOY)

HD800 (foam mods)
W3000ANV (mid-bass reduction / low-bass extension mods)
LCD3 (TP mods - going to Frank's table)
LFF T50RP Paradox
HP1000 (maybe - if anyone was ever curious about these)

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #270 of 473

Quote:
^I could check to see if we could have a camera/projection system (and how much), but will also need to find a good spot for the demo.

Not sure if the hallway could work for this with a camera/projection set-up...

I would plan on somewhere other than a hallway.  Fire Marshals won't like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back