OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #226 of 473
Hi gang,

Just finished with the Seattle meet on Saturday and now back in the speaker world for a few days. But I thought I'd touch base. I think I'll be shipping down our Amarra powered server and prototype DAC for source this time. If I can borrow a tape deck locally I will bring one as well. We will have Crack, S.E.X. 2.1 and Smack amps running, driven by our prototype 300B preamp, of which I am particularly stoked these days. I'll try to get a balanced cable together for my HD800s for the meet as that is indeed a really great combo with the Smack amp. I do have a balanced cable for HD600s and HD650s that I will bring as well, and I'll also bring the K1000s, which we will be driving balanced with the S.E.X. 2.1 That turned out to be a great combo at RMAF and was equally well received at Saturday's meet in Seattle. 

Looking forward to seeing my second homies.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #228 of 473
Quote:
Any Fostex modders going to bring theirs along? I'd like to bring mine along to compare to see what folks are doing to them. 

I wanted to have my T50RP modded in time for the meet, but true to form I've allowed months to go by, barely sitting down to listen to them other than maybe ~30 hours.  I could a) mod them in time for the meet, or b) bring them stock for a nice side-by-side if folks would really prefer to check out what mods can do for the Fostex.  Anybody support the latter idea?

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #230 of 473
If someone has a spare 1/4" trs plug and soldering iron I have a rare pair of Braun headphones which I have never listened to. I can bring them too and find out what they are capable of. 
I got you.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #233 of 473

Quote:
Oh, I hope to try out those Edition 8's.  I've been tempted to buy a pair every time I see them on the FS forums.  

X2! I heard them briefly in Hong Kong, and it's great with jazz!

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #234 of 473

Quote:
sure, we'll take over the "lunch tables." we're audiophiles, we know how to not eat.

Probably one of the best quotes on HF I've read, ever.  I can SO relate.

CEE TEE- Not sure if you were making a formal list, but I will have K1000s, Sony PFR-V1 and V-Moda M80.  And some bizarre assortment of iDevices, HP-P1, Behringer EQ and Pioneer amp.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #235 of 473
^yep, probably the only time I don't eat and don't mind.  Seriously.  GREAT statement.

How about this miss:  I was so busy talking to Shankar from Audeze tonight, the Smyth guy packed up the Realiser demo. 
blink.gif

(That should be okay, the nice folks at Audio High said they would work something out for a demo after they dialed in their awesome rooms for it.)

Oh, the LCD-2 r2 is back on my radar...will have to give it a good listen again later! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #236 of 473

Quote:

Oh, the LCD-2 r2 is back on my radar...will have to give it a good listen again later! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not too shabby that one huh.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #237 of 473
^yep, probably the only time I don't eat and don't mind.  Seriously.  GREAT statement.

How about this miss:  I was so busy talking to Shankar from Audeze tonight, the Smyth guy packed up the Realiser demo. :blink:

(That should be okay, the nice folks at Audio High said they would work something out for a demo after they dialed in their awesome rooms for it.)

Oh, the LCD-2 r2 is back on my radar...will have to give it a good listen again later! :bigsmile_face:

I got off work too late to come down. How was it?

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #238 of 473
I'll post up when I set-up something with Audio High to do a Smyth Demo.

That way Bay Area can check it out with me!

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #239 of 473
Where'd you go in HK to listen to Edition 8's?!?!? I was in HK over xmas, and I visited Mingo and Kingsaudio, but I didn't see any Edition 8's (or any ultrasone for that matter.)

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I hope to try out those Edition 8's.  I've been tempted to buy a pair every time I see them on the FS forums.  

X2! I heard them briefly in Hong Kong, and it's great with jazz!

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #240 of 473

Quote:
I wanted to have my T50RP modded in time for the meet, but true to form I've allowed months to go by, barely sitting down to listen to them other than maybe ~30 hours.  I could a) mod them in time for the meet, or b) bring them stock for a nice side-by-side if folks would really prefer to check out what mods can do for the Fostex.  Anybody support the latter idea?

Yeah, that's be a fun idea... the before and after. I may also get my hands on a stock Fostex before the meet as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkubota1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(snip)

CEE TEE- Not sure if you were making a formal list, but I will have K1000s, Sony PFR-V1 and V-Moda M80.  And some bizarre assortment of iDevices, HP-P1, Behringer EQ and Pioneer amp.

Yes! I'd love to give the M80's a spin. 
beyersmile.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE TEE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(snip)

How about this miss:  I was so busy talking to Shankar from Audeze tonight, the Smyth guy packed up the Realiser demo. 
blink.gif

(snip)

Darn -- I totally forgot about the Audio High Audeze/Smyth demo tonight. I would have totally gone. 

I went there to demo the LCD-2 a few months back and Jez is good peoples. The theater room they had there was ridiculous. Super Bowl party at Audio High anyone? 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back