OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 24, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #212 of 473
Stuff i'll be bringing, i'll post an updated list if anything changes.

Headphones:
Ultrasone DJ1
ATH-A700 (If I don't sell them by the time the meet happens)

IEM/Earbuds:
9w Pro Studio - W
Dunu 5X 150

Amps:
GoVibe Mini Box
GoVibe Martini+
GoVibe VestAmp

Other Jaben amps (haven't been told what they'll be sending me yet for the meet).

Sources:
Vestax PMC-06 connected to my Sony MHC-NX3AV receiver. Both have headphone outputs(mixer has a rear headphone out).
[Turntable setup]

Laptop.
_________
My Vestax mixer's second headphone out will probably go out as a source for people to listen my Jaben GoVibe amp's and the Jaben loaner's i'll be bringing.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #215 of 473
Oh wow! I didn't know there was a meet so close to me :)

I'll be attending since its only a little bits away! But I don't have anything to bring :frowning2:

It'll be great to meet with some local music lovers

Jan 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #216 of 473
Since I'm getting half a table, I'll be bringing:

12" laptop > gamma2 DAC > Elekit TU-882 > Audio Technica ATH-W1000X and Sennheiser HD650

I could bring a usb dvd drive as well if there is interest. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #217 of 473
@tdogzthmn:  I don't know if I will have time at the meet, but have always wanted to listen to the BCL...if not at the BIG meet, mini-meet!!

Quote:
I'm coming! and I'll be bringing my HD800 and K500 or K400 to listen with.  No amps this time around unless someone is really interested in listening to a Lehmann BCL.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #218 of 473
Some 1-24-12 Updates:
  1. Call in and ask for the "LWD" rate when booking a room (the sooner the better to ensure availability).
  2. Will have a special "note" on the banquet orders to have the speakers turned off this year (might also have a contingency plan w/gaffer's tape).
  3. Will have some extra chairs outside in the hall to be able to hang out on in addition to the extra tables again.
  4. Will have a coat rack and Susan heading up the Registration Table again with some coat check tix (thanks @shipsupt for picking those up).  
  5. THANK YOU @Mkubota for creating the signs AGAIN this year (and having another surprise for the meet brewing)!
  6. Thanks @project86 for all the coordinating behind the scenes to get some gear to @Mdraluck to get to @shipsupt to...
    tongue.gif
  7. There will be a wedding reception after us, so we'll be packing up around 4:00 or 4:15pm so we are done by 5pm.
  8. Dinner not set yet, but there will probably be a Saturday night dinner somewhere close by if not Max's again.

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #219 of 473
@calaf just added to quiet room (Table 18).

His list is:

a meier stagedac, and a squeezebox touch, plus possibly his Onix CD player.

1) HE 500
2) Beyer T1
3) AKG K340
and amps
1) Woo 6 SE
2) Woo 3
3) Meier Opera

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #220 of 473

Quote:
Don't tease us!!!  If you do show up, I heard that CEE TEE will try cramming your 1964 Quads into his ears to see how they sound.  
etysmile.gif

Quote:
^ LOL seriously. I want to try and cram the Quads into my ears to try also!! :D

Every time I try to reply, my iPhone crashes Safari...  Anyway, if I do get to attend, I'll be sure and bring the big bottle of ear goo that 1964 ears supplies for insertion, or in this case force fitting, and a corkscrew or something to get them back out again
basshead.gif
  Maybe a jackhammer and a crowbar.  Oh, and a book press like Uncle Fester used to use on the Addams Family.  That is if anyone is old enough to remember that...

You can at least check them out and get a feel for the build quality.  As for sound, a cross between the Denon D7000 and the shure SE530.  Great for me, my all time favorite headphone and iem.  Bass is not as pronounced as the D7000, highs not as rolled off as the SE530, but still very solid, not overpowering bass, and slightly rolled off treble.  Very non-fatiguing.  If bright and analytical is your sound signature of choice, these aren't the right custom.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #221 of 473

Quote:
@tdogzthmn:  I don't know if I will have time at the meet, but have always wanted to listen to the BCL...if not at the BIG meet, mini-meet!!

It's not very big so maybe I'll bring it along with my vintage AKG's which both sound really nice through it.

I hope Bottlehead brings the Smack and a Balanced HD800 which is my next planned build project.

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #222 of 473
Hi, Cee Tee

A quiet table if fine with me but if somebody WANTS a quiet table and can swap with a non-quiet table, that is fine with me, too.  Also, the Manley 300b Neo will accommodate Stax phones both pro and regular, as well as dynamic headphones. I will bring Stax SR 507, SR 3/5n and Ultrasone Edition 8.

Thanks,
Carl

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #223 of 473

Quote:
Hi, Cee Tee

A quiet table if fine with me but if somebody WANTS a quiet table and can swap with a non-quiet table, that is fine with me, too.  Also, the Manley 300b Neo will accommodate Stax phones both pro and regular, as well as dynamic headphones. I will bring Stax SR 507, SR 3/5n and Ultrasone Edition 8.

Thanks,
Carl

Oh, I hope to try out those Edition 8's.  I've been tempted to buy a pair every time I see them on the FS forums.  

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #224 of 473
Any Fostex modders going to bring theirs along? I'd like to bring mine along to compare to see what folks are doing to them. 

Quote:
It's not very big so maybe I'll bring it along with my vintage AKG's which both sound really nice through it.

I hope Bottlehead brings the Smack and a Balanced HD800 which is my next planned build project.

Yes, I'm hoping to hear the Smack as well. I've been eyeing that one. I'm sure there will be a few balanced HD800s around to test with. 

Also pretty excited to hear the Gamma2. I've been wanting to build one for a long while, but that surface-mounting looks intimidating! 

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #225 of 473
Once again in case no one read the previous page. if anyone is going from SF bay area and can give me a lift, I can chip in gas money.

I'm in the Richmond Dist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back