OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #241 of 473
ugh.. am on the fence on this one. 

Would love to fly in and avoid the drive, but then no gear to bring along. Would love to be able to bring my electrostat rig with me.

Will decide in a week and half and see how i feel about driving down and back. If I drive down, then i would love a full table in a quiet room.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #242 of 473

Quote:
ugh.. am on the fence on this one. 

Would love to fly in and avoid the drive, but then no gear to bring along. Would love to be able to bring my electrostat rig with me.

Will decide in a week and half and see how i feel about driving down and back. If I drive down, then i would love a full table in a quiet room.

Mmmm.....Liquid Fire and Lightning has been eluding our ears down here.  

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #243 of 473
Hi @sachu,

Not sure we will have a full table in the quiet room...speaking with @wiatrob tonight, who might be taking the small table in the quiet room and bringing Cavalli amps.

There is a little bit more going on behind the scenes, PM me this weekend if you think you would like to attend.

Thanks,
CEE TEE

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #244 of 473
Confirming that Cavalli will be represented...small table in Quiet Room by door (#25).

@wiatrob will be bringing:
  1. Liquid Fire
  2. Liquid Lightning
  3. LCD-2r2
  4. STAX-507
  5. Oppo CD Player

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #245 of 473

Quote:
The post ^ makes me wonder if there'd be space to hold a little soldering tutorial for people who'd like to enter the world of DIY.

It'd actually be really cool at this meet (or maybe the next one) to have a table and maybe a presentation/tutorial for DIYers. 

Perhaps someone could teach us how to make our own LOD's or reterminate cables, etc etc. Relatively simple stuff. Maybe a live tutorial on how to Markl mod Denons, or build Cmoy amps even. lol.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #246 of 473

Quote:
It'd actually be really cool at this meet (or maybe the next one) to have a table and maybe a presentation/tutorial for DIYers. 

Perhaps someone could teach us how to make our own LOD's or reterminate cables, etc etc. Relatively simple stuff. Maybe a live tutorial on how to Markl mod Denons, or build Cmoy amps even. lol.

That would be a nice video to post on the forums here.

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #247 of 473
Build a cmoy and then raffle it off! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #248 of 473

Quote:

Believe it or not I've done this kind of thing before. I would suggest something very simple, as anything with more than a couple of parts would end up eating up the whole day. If someone could bring a video camera with a macro lens and a big screen or projector I would be happy to spend maybe half an hour to 45 minutes demonstrating techniques for attaching and soldering various types of connections. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #249 of 473
UPDATE:  @n3rdling will also be attending!!
biggrin.gif

The band is getting back together, man.

(STAX should sponsor the trip after what happened last time.)

Equipment list TBD.

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #250 of 473
Not completely sure yet but I think I'll bring the following:

Source:

Accuphase DP-75

Amps:

Sennheiser HEV90
BHSE
Stax SRM310

Headphones:

Sennheiser HE90
Stax SR Omega
Stax SR-009
Stax SR-007
A couple Stax Lambdas and a Sigma probably

Should be another fun meet :)  Will anybody have a KGSSHV?

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #251 of 473

Here's my equipment list for the meetup.

particleman14's DIY corner

AMB beta-22, gamma-2, Mini-3, alpha 20 tower, alpha-10 preamp
CMoy
cavalli CTH rev. a, Bijou (maybe)
"The wire" from diyaudio OPC
objective2 from nwavguy
GrubDAC, Skeleton DAC, ebay 24/96DAC

if people are interested I could maybe bring a solder iron and make some cables, do some smd, or something...  

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #254 of 473
Had a recent change in plans and decided to attend this meet after all - booked my flight & hotel today. Not really attending for the gear (though I'm sure there'll be lots of nice stuff), moreso attending to meet new Head-Fiers and catch up with some familiar faces. Pretty sure this is going to be my last-ever headphone meet, well unless independent CanJams return at some point in the future (that's a hint)....

Will have my camera to help make sure the meet is visually well-documented.
smile.gif

Not bringing or sending any gear btw. Though I was originally thinking about sending my BHSE, I see n3rdling will have that covered now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back