• gzon3lement
  • Calaf
  • DAIGO
  • Questhate
  • fallingreason- from Nevada?
  • nkkuma1- vintage stuff?
  • VLCAD- for Lyr > K702?
  • quicksound

I think we are pretty close to capacity for tables unless some of the above cannot attend!

Please let me know if anything above is incorrect, or to let me know about which room you need...thanks!

My set up would take up very little table space, maybe half a table, if that, with a 12" laptop>gamma^2>Elekit TU-882>headphones. 

Any of the rooms would be fine, but if space is limited, feel free to bump me and I can just spend time auditioning everyone else's wonderful gear :p

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #124 of 473

Quote:

Can I piggyback onto yours? I could just bring a portable iPod --> Objective 2 --> Edition 8/Magnum V4 setup, and a balanced LCD-2r2 for folks to try with the -10SE. 

Sure! Should be fun!

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #125 of 473
sorry, after having this in my calendar for many months now, I am going to be abroad and unable to attend... I've got concert tickets in europe to warm my frozen toes, though...

Quote:
Members Interested in Attending

Use this thread to list equipment you will be bringing.   Please specify "regular" or "quiet" room.

(Feel free to just come and listen + meet other Head-Fi'ers too!)

• Mdraluck23
  • flyingbangus
  • Particleman14
  • rjkdivin
  • renlute
  • Philimon- Nevada
  • aameford
  • cAsE sEnSiTiVe
  • callous
  • shipsupt
  • rroseperry
  • shane55
  • Lurkumaural
  • purrin- Irvine
  • melomaniac- SoCal
  • fallingreason- Seattle
  • phiely
  • jazzfan
  • SanJoseCanJunkie
  • zeroryu
  • ironbut
  • Questhate
  • EpicPie
  • bk4music
  • sennheiserHD
  • Kevin Brown
  • krod3003
  • Cappuccino
  • Souji
  • sarals
  • Mkubota
  • nkkuma1
  • Physther
  • savantacoustics
  • rhythmdevils
  • PANGES
  • tengen
  • audiowood
  • migsmack
  • calaf
  • calipilot227
  • raif
  • tuberock
  • Raguvian
  • Mozu
  • bmoura
  • splinter450
  • VLCAD
  • gzone3lement
  • sachu- Oregon
  • raddogz
  • alfaudio
  • Penpal
  • DjAmTraX
  • Bobcn
  • Anaxilus- SoCal
  • Zalken
  • dasmodul
  • quicksound
  • Llloyd
  • cjfrbw
  • RZn036
  • FrankCooter
  • rockcod
  • daigo
  • Elysian
  • wiatrob
  • 1337P337
  • bmanyay
  • ac500
  • leoleo0104
  • mtkversion
  • quicksound
  • jeffreyfranz
  • jtiis
  • Raideen
  • Vansen- Nevada
  • amjohnstone

<Special Shout-Out:  Please note if you are coming from out-of-town to attend!>

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #126 of 473

Quote:
I could use some help on the source front.  I'll bring a CD transport and some portable sources, but I am trying to avoid having to bring the big iMac...

I've got two tables for my gear and whatever Project86 sends, so I am sure I can make some room if want to bring some gear too.

You need a DAC?

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #127 of 473
We've got plenty of DAC's! 
bigsmile_face.gif

I need a laptop loaded with some good tunes, preferably hi-res so we can show off some of the gear that Project86 is sending along. 

I have an old beater that I may strip down and try to set up, if I don't cave in and drag along the 27" iMac, yuck.

I'll have an iPod or 2, and an iPad with some FLAC files and an iTunes library. 

I guess at some point I just need a better plan than "I'll just haul all my gear down..."

Quote:
You need a DAC?

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #128 of 473
I have never been to one of these meetings, before.  Bringing the Manley 300b preamp, a CD/SACD player, ipod, and stax transformer.  Don't need quiet room, just enough space for these items if interested.

Jan 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #129 of 473
^Okay, I may pair you up with someone who needs 1/3 of a table @cjfrbw.  

Or give you a whole table...will look up the width of the Manley.

And thanks to everyone who has chimed in this week or will chime in.

Helps me do the first Member Room table assignments!

(I may have to ask to include more smiley options...don't want to keep using the same ones. 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #133 of 473

Quote:
I could use some help on the source front.  I'll bring a CD transport and some portable sources, but I am trying to avoid having to bring the big iMac...

I have a Squeezebox Touch you can use. You'll need to input S/PDIF (via Toslink or RCA/coax) - I wouldn't recommend the analog outs from the Touch, especially if you have a good DAC.  Also, if you'd like to use your own music, you'll need to put your FLAC files on an external USB drive (thumb or hard drive - for the meet, a thumb drive would be the better option).  Let me know if you'd like me to bring the Touch.

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #134 of 473
That would be perfect!!  I'd really appreciate it.  

I'll load a thumb drive up with some stuff, and it would be easy for others to drop their thumb drives in if they bring one along... cool!  

Is the performance bad if you use an external hard drive instead of a thumb?

Thanks!

Quote:

I have a Squeezebox Touch you can use. You'll need to input S/PDIF (via Toslink or RCA/coax) - I wouldn't recommend the analog outs from the Touch, especially if you have a good DAC.  Also, if you'd like to use your own music, you'll need to put your FLAC files on an external USB drive (thumb or hard drive - for the meet, a thumb drive would be the better option).  Let me know if you'd like me to bring the Touch.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #135 of 473
I need only half a table. I would like to be in the quiet room, but if there's no more space, I'm also okay with the less quiet room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back