OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #91 of 473
Yep... can't wait to try parts or all of this stack. Veeeeerrrry interested. 
L3000.gif
I, on the other hand, am afraid to introduce my IEMs to proper amplification.

I just had a thought... anyone interested in an IEM Tip Exchange? Maybe a box where people add to and take from, or maybe just shop your spare tips around like a Disney pin trader? I just figure if folks are willing to trade or otherwise offload tips in the FS forum, handing them off in person doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #92 of 473
Jerry, that's a great idea. I have a bunch of un-used tips that aren't in my size that I will bring along to throw in the pot. 

Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread already, but is anyone planning to bring along a Violectric V181 or V200? I'm looking for a amp/DAC box with a small footprint that synergizes well with both an LCD-2 and HD800. If anyone has one in mind, please let me know (and bring it along if you can). 

Also, I can bring along my main NFB-10SE --> LCD-2r2 rig. I know that Jerry is bringing his -10SE already, and there will likely be tons of LCD-2s so I could leave those at home if we're short on space. 

Otherwise, I'm definitely bringing the HD800 to try to plug into as many sources as possible. Also, I can bring a small portable setup (iPod --> Objective2 --> Magnum V4/Edition 8) to piggy back onto someone else's station since that won't take up much space. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #93 of 473

Quote:

Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread already, but is anyone planning to bring along a Violectric V181 or V200? I'm looking for a amp/DAC box with a small footprint that synergizes well with both an LCD-2 and HD800. If anyone has one in mind, please let me know (and bring it along if you can). 

I'll send along my V200 so you can check it out. Unfortunately I didn't go for the USB add-on option so mine is just a compact amp/DAC box, but still.....

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #95 of 473
Pretty sure I can come.

I can bring my NFS-10SE (if needed) and my HE-500 on Qcables.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #96 of 473

Quote:
Jerry, that's a great idea. I have a bunch of un-used tips that aren't in my size that I will bring along to throw in the pot. 

Also, I can bring along my main NFB-10SE --> LCD-2r2 rig. I know that Jerry is bringing his -10SE already, and there will likely be tons of LCD-2s so I could leave those at home if we're short on space. 

Otherwise, I'm definitely bringing the HD800 to try to plug into as many sources as possible. Also, I can bring a small portable setup (iPod --> Objective2 --> Magnum V4/Edition 8) to piggy back onto someone else's station since that won't take up much space. 

I think the small amp/dac box you are looking for might be the red wine HPA, if no one else brings one I can bring mine for you to try. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #97 of 473
Just sent in the final, final agreement and will need to start working on that ROOM DIAGRAM soon...

Need to comb the threads and PMs for those that will share some gear.

Also need to try and calculate how much room shipsupt is gonna need.  Just his stuff needs a table and then there's the stuff he is babysitting!

As I get closer to the meet and find out if my Eddie Current Super 7 will be ready, I will have someone watch it for me so you guys can listen to it.

(Have 14 tubes on the way...
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #102 of 473

Quote:

I am definitely interested in the O2!  If anyone else has a build, please bring!

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #103 of 473
VENDOR ROOM DIAGRAM POSTED IN VENDOR POST.

See Post #2:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/584924/official-2012-bay-area-meet-thread-california-february-11th-saturday

(Member rooms to follow...)

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #105 of 473

Quote:
I think the small amp/dac box you are looking for might be the red wine HPA, if no one else brings one I can bring mine for you to try. 

That would be much appreciated! 

Quote:
I am definitely interested in the O2!  If anyone else has a build, please bring!

Sure thing. I have two of them built, so I'll bring both along to pass around. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back