OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 6, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #106 of 473
I should be getting a new Jaben Audio amp later on before the event. More Jaben GoVibe amps to bring. :D

Anyone who will have a vinyl booth need turntables/record players? I could bring my Technic 1200 or Vestax PDX-2000 if needed.

Edit:

@ CEE TEE, I pm'ed you.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #107 of 473
Arg...Christian, you picked the one weekend I'm going to be out of town!  I really wanted to have my ear molds made and buy some UE's this time too.  :/

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till the next meet to show off my new toy...  At least I will still be listening to music that day (Placido Domingo @ LA).

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #108 of 473
^Hey, @Horio!

I really wanted to have the meet on the same weekend as last year, but they are going to use our rooms as the "temporary restaurant" while they do renovations from the 18th through the Summer...

Thanks for bringing the VPI Scout turntable to the meet last year.  You've got a STAX T2 in the works???

I may have to organize a STAX meet later this year when you are in town!

Cheers,
C

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #109 of 473
Anyone around on January 25th to check out Audez'e or the Smyth Realiser with your own ears???

http://eepurl.com/h5-zE

[size=medium] [size=12pt]AUDIO [/size][size=12pt]HIGH[/size][size=xx-small] Music & Home Theater Systems[/size][/size]

[size=12pt] [size=10pt]165 Moffett Blvd., [/size][/size]

[size=12pt] [size=10pt]Mountain View, CA 94043[/size][/size]

[size=12pt]  [/size]

[size=12pt]  [/size]

[size=12pt] [size=10pt]Jez at Audio High says that we are all welcome...[/size][/size]

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #111 of 473
^Nice first post. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #112 of 473
Hey CEE TEE,

No worries about the date.  I actually wouldn't have been able to make it on the 12th either... :)

Just bummed that I won't be able to join you all this.  I had a great time last year, and I can't say enough about how good of a job you did organizing the meet!

We'll get a mini-meet going so you can have a listen to Gilmore's new little Stax beast (I've got the 500V version of the KGSShv up and running).  I do have a T2 in the works, though its going to be a lengthy project.  Maybe it will be up and running for the meet next year.

In the mean time, maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay an audiologist to make my ear molds if I don't want to wait.  :)

Quote:
^Hey, @Horio!

I really wanted to have the meet on the same weekend as last year, but they are going to use our rooms as the "temporary restaurant" while they do renovations from the 18th through the Summer...

Thanks for bringing the VPI Scout turntable to the meet last year.  You've got a STAX T2 in the works???

I may have to organize a STAX meet later this year when you are in town!

Cheers,
C

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #113 of 473
Hey CEE TEE,

No worries about the date.  I actually wouldn't have been able to make it on the 12th either... :)

Just bummed that I won't be able to join you all this.  I had a great time last year, and I can't say enough about how good of a job you did organizing the meet!

We'll get a mini-meet going so you can have a listen to Gilmore's new little Stax beast (I've got the 500V version of the KGSShv up and running).  I do have a T2 in the works, though its going to be a lengthy project.  Maybe it will be up and running for the meet next year.

In the mean time, maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay an audiologist to make my ear molds if I don't want to wait.  :)

@Horio, the audiologist from UE who was at the last meet has an office in the city near UCSF. I put the info in that long audiologist thread, but PM me and I can send you the contact information. She's great. She did the impressions for both my customs and I've had no fit issues with either.

Selfishly, I'm sorry you won't be there. I really liked your vinyl setup last year.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #114 of 473
I'm pretty sure I'm going to show my face at this meet. It will be my first meet that I am going to attend. Also, I'm from out of town: Northern Nevada.

I don't have gear that I'll be bringing except my pico slim/ iPod. It'll be nice to hear full size headphone again, as I miss them since I sold my HD650/ WA3 setup. I'm also looking for new customs IEMs, so the UE booth will be cool. I may not post a lot here, but I sure read and trade quite often.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #115 of 473
^Hey @Vansen...excellent if you can make the trip!  

Last year @Philimon came out from Nevada...he might make it again.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #116 of 473
So you don't have to see "50 versions" of the Member Room Diagrams...

QUIET ROOM SO FAR:
  • bobcn
  • jazzfan
  • Frank Cooter
  • ironbut
  • mkubota (K1000 and open Sony- is this okay guys?)

"NOT-QUIET" ROOM SO FAR:
  • Lurumaural
  • Mdraluck23
  • Purrin
  • anaxilus
  • shipsupt 2 tables (babysitting @Project86 loaners)
  • Clayton SF

Not Sure if you guys need QUIET ROOM? / NOT-QUIET ROOM? / Still Need A Table?:
  • gzon3lement
  • Calaf
  • DAIGO
  • Questhate
  • fallingreason- from Nevada?
  • nkkuma1- vintage stuff?
  • VLCAD- for Lyr > K702?
  • quicksound

I think we are pretty close to capacity for tables unless some of the above cannot attend!

Please let me know if anything above is incorrect, or to let me know about which room you need...thanks!

Jan 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #120 of 473
I could use some help on the source front.  I'll bring a CD transport and some portable sources, but I am trying to avoid having to bring the big iMac...

I've got two tables for my gear and whatever Project86 sends, so I am sure I can make some room if want to bring some gear too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back