Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Feb 21, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #196 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
Whoa, I would love to come.

However... is there public transportation (LIRR?) that takes me there from downtown manhattan? Don't want to spend $50 on cab fare...

I'm in Philly so I'll be taking the Chinatown bus or Greyhound up to NYC if I do go.

I'll be bringing whatever DIY amps I have and my balanced RS-1s, balanced PortaPros, and UE-10 Pros (like others will be able to enjoy that though hehe) to the meet if I do come.

Bong and I took LIRR to the last NYC Meet that was in the same place. Round trip is $6 from penn station.

Feb 21, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #197 of 607
Feb 21, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #198 of 607
Well, I'm going to be there [somehow!]... and my last name is Smyth... but I don't think that counts.
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #200 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
However... is there public transportation (LIRR?) that takes me there from downtown manhattan? Don't want to spend $50 on cab fare...
I'm in Philly so I'll be taking the Chinatown bus or Greyhound up to NYC if I do go.

This coming from an unexpected source: The Chinatown busses take you from Phila to NYC for 10 bucks a pop and drop you off anywhere between Lincoln tunnel and Manhattan bridge, passing Penn station in fairly close proximity. Catch a cab to Penn and take LIRR from there and use the 3$ pickup offered by the hotel from there. Or have a nice head-fier pick you up at the bus stop. Either way, you should be able to get from Phila to the venue for 20 bucks or less.

M.

Feb 21, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #201 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
There are some great bands playing in NYC that weekend:

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - 4/21

Anyone wants to catch a show or two, let me know.

Oh man, I'd love to hit the Flecktones show on Friday, but it appears to be an 11:30PM performance.
http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/index.shtml

Anyone up for night-owl duty?
eggosmile.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #202 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Oh man, I'd love to hit the Flecktones show on Friday, but it appears to be an 11:30PM performance.
http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/index.shtml

Anyone up for night-owl duty?
eggosmile.gif

I'm up for night-owl duty. However, the Toots and the Maytals/Soulive show is also tempting. Soulive is amazing live. tons of energy. The Flecktones are pretty amazing as well. Victor Wooten on bass and Jeff Coffin on sax. I guess we should wait to see if there is anyother interest and whether there is agreement on one show over the other. Friday night makes more sense than Saturday as there will be plenty of stuff going on Satuday night, I expect.

I am pretty sure we can convince jp11801 into this.

Feb 21, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #205 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
I could dig the Flecktones show on 4/21.

I guess I will keep a list of those who are interested and then in a few weeks, get committments and we can all purchase tickets.

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #207 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I guess I will keep a list of those who are interested and then in a few weeks, get committments and we can all purchase tickets.

The Flecktones would be extremely cool!!!

Feb 24, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #208 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
No idea, but all costs would be split of course. It probably wouldn't bee to bad if we could find one more person to go with us... would you want to stay for the weekend or only go down for one day?

If we got 1-2 more people that would work out better. I would considering staying over night depending how long the drive is.

Biggie.

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #209 of 607
Count me in,and also one guest. I cant wait to hear all the equipment so i can make a better buying decision! Itll also be fun to meet all the head-fi people! Also.....the contribution is made before the meet,or can it be given at the door or something?

Thanx........Paul
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #210 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Also.....the contribution is made before the meet,or can it be given at the door or something?
icon10.gif

Paul...There are 2 different types of money collection and they will both be at the door.
One is for running the meet and supporting Head-Fi which is entirely up to you and...
The second is for a $20 raffle ticket for a chance to win one of the expensive giveaways that you can read about in the first page (and there are many more to come). All raffle tickets after the first $20 ticket are $10 bucks. All money will go towards the meet which is going to cost about $10K (including buffet and panel discussion at the end of the meet)and anything left over will go to Jude and the server costs for 2006/2007 (hopefully).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back