Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Mar 7, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #226 of 607
I'll be there ............. free Stax Lambda's for everyone right?

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #229 of 607
I would like to attend the meet on Saturday. Please add me to the list for this day.

Michael Crespo

edit: I'm bringing a friend and PM'd Jahn regarding this on 3/10/06.

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #231 of 607
For all members that are new to Head-fi, we are running out of room for long standing members. Please let Jahn know if you want to bring a guest. But, for now, they will have to be wait-listed and if there's room and people cancel, we would be glad to accomodate them.

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #233 of 607
I'm thinking about coming, if I can get approval form my boss... uh, wife. And assuming there's still room?

Looks like the hotel is sold out. Any locals know of other places nearby? Expedia shows a place right next door but I don't know anything about it.

It would be difficult to decide what to bring, mostly because a lot of it is very heavy and tough to lug on a plane...

Pete

Mar 9, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #234 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmillett
I'm thinking about coming, if I can get approval form my boss... uh, wife. And assuming there's still room?

Looks like the hotel is sold out. Any locals know of other places nearby? Expedia shows a place right next door but I don't know anything about it.

It would be difficult to decide what to bring, mostly because a lot of it is very heavy and tough to lug on a plane...

Pete

Very cool, let me know when it's a lock and you can PM me any gear you're bringing - the hotel will also accept any deliveries there just in case you want to just ship stuff over, hehe.

Mar 10, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #235 of 607
Thanks to everybody for the overwhelming support we have received for the 1st National Head-Fi meet!

Requests to attend have exceeded our expectations, which means we will have a very successful meet - for without the members of Head-Fi attending the meet just wouldn't happen.

However, this presents something of a dilemma. We have always run Head-Fi meets on the basis that they are open to all members and that space is filled on a first come, first serve basis. We have tried to run this meet in the same way, and although we want to keep that spirit, we need to modify this a bit so as to be fair to the vast majority of Head-Fiers, especially those that have been around for a long time.

There have been quite a few new members asking to attend and to bring more than one guest. While we want to be able to accomodate everyone, and we understand that nobody wants to travel alone, we need to make some changes to the way we compile the guest list. We are in danger of having too many people (room occupancy limits) and freezing out some long time Head-Fi members.

1. As of March 10, any person asking to attend that has less than 50 posts will be wait listed.

2. Anybody who has already been put on the guest list will not be affected.

3. Guests must be kept to 1. In addition to crowding out existing members, we are also paying for a dinner for all attendees, if they choose to stay. This will be offset only by the donations and purchasing raffle tickets for the donated door prizes, but please don't abuse the hospitality. The two main reasons for this meet is to get members from Head-Fi together and help support Head-Fi monetarily for the next year.

4. Those new members not already on the list wishing to attend will be put on the wait list in order of request. We understand that in some cases travel arrangements need to be made so we will try and let you know if you are on the list at least a week before the meet. April 15.

5. If you are on the attendee list and you know that you definitely can't make it, please PM Jahn, so that others wishing to attend, can do so.

6. Please PM Jahn with the equipment that you are bringing. This is a meet, not a Hi-Fi show, and most members need to contribute gear, to make it successful for all of those involved, including our wonderful sponsors.

7. New people are signing up with Head-Fi just to attend the Meet and are saying they have nothing to contribute and it is not that kind of event...it is a meet, like all other Head-Fi meets, but on a larger scale. We will try to accomodate them, but after tenured and long standing members have had their chance to sign up. The cut-off date for signing up is March 22nd. (including the wait-list)

We hope you understand our position and we regret if anyone feels slighted. When organizing an event of this size it is almost impossible to please everyone yet we have an obligation to make this as successful as possible.

Thank you,
Head-Fi National Meet
Advisory Committee

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #236 of 607
If someone traveling alone needs a room in the hotel, I'm available to split (booked my room weeks ago), you pay half the cost. Prefer a roommate in their 20s or 30s.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #238 of 607
I'm unfortunately going to pull my name off the guest list, which just plain sucks. I'm going to have more pressing matters to attend to that weekend.
mad.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #239 of 607
I can probably get there. Can you put my name on the list, thanks.

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #240 of 607
i would like to attend, if this post is counted then i make the 100 post cutoff, otherwize i would urge you to consider the date of my first post

i hope to build 2 channels of the same circuit by the time of the meet (having 2 different 1 channel examples of a unique multiloop concept prototyped), in any event i do have a modded sony ce-775 sacd player (digital volume adj hacked into the DAC's uC control interface)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back