Official 2006 (Inter)National Meet - April 22nd & 23rd
Sep 28, 2005 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 607

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
*3/04/2006 EDIT* - Cutoff for sign-up will be March 22nd, and those who wish to attend after the cutoff will be weight listed and if someone who is already signed up cancels, we will swap places with those who were weight listed in the order they PM'd Jahn. Please let us know if you are signed up and can't make it so others may attend.

For security and safety purposes, you must be on the list to get in the meet

*3/19/2006 EDIT* - For those of you that still need a room, I have a block of 10 rooms reserved at a motel literally 3 blocks away, but you have to notify me through PM with your info and I have to reserve them at the same time. Normal price is $128 double occupancy (2 beds) which includes free parking and continental breakfast. Group rate is $115. If you want to book by yourself and skip the $13 savings, call 800 44-Anchor. The address is 215-34 Northern Blvd, Bayside NY 11361.

I have until next weekend to get group rate.

Their website is: http://www.theanchorinn.com/

Attend the first National Meet. It is going to be on Saturday, April 22nd, and Sunday, April 23rd 2006. Everyone member of Head-Fi is invited, but you must sign up in advance, and be on the attendee list to enter. This gives all members that have been communicating with each other from all over the world, the chance to come and join together in one large meet. Due to space constraints and insurance liabilities, we must limit the attendee age to people ages 13 and older.

We have booked the Ramada Inn/Adria Hotel Conference Center in Bayside, New York.

Contact info: 1-800-27-Adria or 718-631 5900

We booked 3 Salon rooms...a total of 3300 square feet for Saturday April 22nd. and another adjoining room which is smaller (approx. 400 sq. ft.) All 4 rooms will be for Head-Fi members and their guests, and will also be for manufacturers and vendors, who are willing to buy a table, and donate for the good of Head-Fi and selling their wares at discounted prices. The time will be from 11-7, which gives people plenty of time to come and go as they please.

We are trying to have Contributors donate enough products and purchase enough tables (which is already being worked on by myself and the advisory committee) to enable us to offer a free banquet dinner at the end of Saturday night's event.

During the banquet, there will be a moderated panel discusion with a question and answer session, with members of the design teams of several major headphone makers.

At the door during check-in, the committee will be taking donations to help offset the costs of the meet. Many of the members of the trade are offering some of their their items as door prizes (see Jahn's post #3). If you donate $20 you will get one ticket and will be eligible to win one of the expensive and coveted donated prizes. You do not need to make a donation, but then you will not be eligible to win one of the prizes.

Each ticket after the first $20 ticket purchased, will be $10. You can win multiple prizes if you are a lucky person. At 4 p.m. each of the sponsors who are offering their products towards the door prizes, will pick a ticket, out of the hat, and will present the gift to the lucky winner (except for specialty prizes that need custom work). All money collected will go to the cost of the meet, with any remainder going to Head-Fi.
The Grado Raffle will be a separate entity, that will have all the tickets sold before the meet. For that one you need not be present to win.

The second day, Sunday, we have one 1100 sq. foot room reserved for Head-Fier's who wish to attend a second day, or couldn't make it the first day. This is going to be members-only day, no contributing vendors or manufacturers selling their products. Just a regular meet.

There will be an adequate number of tables and chairs, and good power (they do weddings and parties) but we will need power strips and extension cords.

As with our previous meets, member donations will be appreciated, but are not mandatory. All money collected will go to the costs of the meet, with the remainder going to Head-Fi.

We have reserved a block of 50 rooms in the hotel, where the meet is being held, and people will have up to 30 days before the meet to book a room.
The normal price is $145.00 for a room, but Head-Fier's will get a group rate of $115.00 and that will have 2 double beds that can be shared by two people.

The hotel is a 22 minute train ride (Long Island RR) from Manhattan's Penn Station, which is accessible from Port Authority, Amtrak, and NJ Transit. The hotel is about 15 blocks from the Long Island RR Bayside station, and has a large car service, that will charge about $3. It is also 1 block from 2 major highways, and parking is free, but might need to go back into the neighborhood, once their 2 lots fill up.

We extend the warmest wish for all members that are able, to attend.

floorplanNY_version_21.jpg

NYC_November_meet.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:

The event is running until 10:00 p.m.

Event Schedule
Saturday April 22nd, 2006
8:00 am to 9:00 am Room preparation by event staff.
9:00 am to 10:00 am Set-up by exhibitors.
10:00 am to 11:00 am Set-up by Head-Fi members with table reservations.
11:00 am to 5:00 pm Event opens to members at large.
4:00 pm Raffle Drawing
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm All exhibit spaces and member tables cleared for banquet.
7:00 pm to 7:30 pm Banquet staff prepares room for dinner.
7:30 pm …. Dinner
7:45 pm to 8:15 pm Welcome address, raffle awards, and ridiculous announcements.
8:30 pm to 9:30 pm Moderated panel discussion and question and answer session by headphone designers.
10:00 pm Event concludes, all must exit the room.
10:00 pm to 11:00 pm Event and venue staff clear room. Room must be empty.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[size=small]BANQUET MENU[/size]

Here we go (as promised):
The mushrooms were included for our Muslim and Jewish friends who can't eat pork.
The Ziti w/Broccoli, Stuffed Shells, Potatoes and Salad were added for our vegetarian friends.

- Appetizers
Caesar Salad
Italian Bread
Garlic Knots

-Entrees and sides
Chicken Marsala
Meatballs w/ Mushrooms
Ziti w/ Broccoli
Stuffed Shells
Roasted Potatos

-Dessert and fluids
Assorted Sodas
Coffee/Tea/Sanka
Assorted Cookies

If you want bottled water, you are welcome to bring it in.

We will have Wi-Fi internet access (all guests with rooms get assigned a code and we have 60 rooms occupied) and can share the codes if need be.

Hopefully, this will make as many people happy as possible.

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 607
Attendee List - List your Head-fi name, your Real Name (if you want) and the names of any guests coming (or their fake names, heck just anything to keep track of them).
[size=large]NOTE- PM ME THE HEAD-FI MEMBER RIGS YOU ARE BRINGING TO SHOW OFF FOR DAY ONE AND TWO! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE GEAR LIST AND TABLE ASSIGNMENTS SO FAR![/size]
This is what I'll do - I'm going to gather all the attendees from the other thread and put their names in this post. WAY down the line I'll stick em all in a spreadsheet, along with what equipment they will be bringing (if any). If you definitely can't make it, let me know and I'll take you off this list. If folks post here and get lost and I can't keep up with attendance requests, i guess I'll start a new thread just to gather people up. But knowing me I'll be refreshing this thread 1000 times a week just to snag another attendee, so let's see how things go. Ok, we're off to the races! (NOTE - if there are manufacturers names in here, what the heck, no harm done!)

--------
[size=x-large]CONFIRMED:[/size]

agile_one
Alex_M
AndyKatz
applegd
applegd's Guest ("Jie")
Arnoldhasmail
Asr
bahringe
bong
bozebuttons
BRBJackson
BrianS
BrianS's Guest ("Doug")
Brownie Lady
canman
canman's Guest ("Amy")
Carlton - Head of Security (US Navy - Retired)
cheechoz
CD44hi
chefguru
classfolkphile
classfolkphile's Guest ("Peter")
classfolkphile's Guest ("Paul")
classfolkphile's Guest ("Tree")
dannyandelyse
dannyandelyse's Guest ("Dr.Shaffer")
Dave1
DavidNY
decur
dougmwpsu
dw6928
Edwood
Elleira2332
Erikzen
ESavinon
Esavinon's Guest ("Angelita")
espra
Euripides
Euripides's Guest ("Rob")
fishlips
foo_me
GarlicKnots
GarlicKnots's Guest ("Preetam")
geom_tol
Giovanni
GoRedwings19
grasshopper
grbwitt
Halsegaf
Hirsch
Immtbiker
Immtbiker's Guest ("Trudy")
insomniac
Jahn
Jar
Jcn3
Jcx
jjcha
Joelongwood
John Grado
jp11801
Jpelg
Jude
Jude's (+1) guest
JzzMaTzz
JzzMaTzz guest ("Simone")
Kazo123
Kazo123's (+1) guest
Kdaq
Kyrie
Lan
lionel marechal
Machead
Markmaxx
Mbriant
Mbriant's Guest ("Alan")
MC Jeff D
MC Jeff D's Guest ("Toni")
MD1032
MD1032's Guest ("John")
Mercuttio
Michael Crespo
mikeg
mikeg's Guest ("Holly")
minimus
moj0
monkeygod
mrdon
Mr Iriver
MrSlacker
mst75
n_maher
Nabwong
Naris
NeilPeart
Nspindel
oski
peterpan188
Philodox
Porksoda
PsychoZX
PsychoZX's Guest ("Bill")
purgatos
radfaraf
radfaraf's Guest ("Emily")
Raisin
rich1122
Romanee
rsabo
rsabo's Guest (Sean)
rudyhf
Ruppin
scrypt
sdali
Shatz
sheya
siburning
sjt78
Snake
sonance
Sovkiller
Sovkiller's Guest ("Omar")
Stevieo
Stevesurf
Taylor
The Dan of Steel
The Dan of Steel's (+1) guest
The_Monkey
thrice
tjkurita
Tmij
Todd the Vinyl Junkie
TR909
TR909's Guest ("Bill")
Trogdor
Tyrion
vesuvius333
vesuvius333's Guest ("Amanda")
Vic
Voltron
vpivinylspinner
w1ned
w1ned's Guest (+1)
Wmcmanus
Yikes
Ypoknons
Zatara

[size=x-large]UNCONFIRMED:[/size]

TOO LATE! Check here to see what you can do about it!

[size=medium]Click Here for the Full Sunday Attendance and Equipment List! 60 folks only so PM me![/size]

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 607
Contributors, Raffles, Donations, Vendors and Manufacturers

Once Contributors, Vendors and Manufacturers commit to this meet, I'm going to add them to this post, followed by anything special they are bringing/doing at the meet. If they post their participation details elsewhere, I'm going to just link them into this thread. As a test run I'll summarize and hyperlink the post Immtbiker is going to post in Post 5 of this thread - our first Contributor! If this list gets too large (it probably will) I'll put all this into a spreadsheet as well nearing the date (as in, next year lol).

---------
#1 - Grado Labs - John Grado is donating $1000 to the Head-Fi Meet, raffling off a Joe Grado Package, and offering Grado Streetstyles as door prizes, click on the link for raffle details! Thanks John!

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139155

Click on link for for donation and door prize:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...23&postcount=5

--------

#2 - Headroom is on board with a Vendor Table. Thanks Tyll, free Hawaiian shirts for everyone, right?
icon10.gif

Donated Prize: Tyll is actually donating a MicroDAC and 2 Bitheads!

-------

#3 - Singlepower Audio has committed to a Vendor Table. Thanks Mikhail, looking forward to seeing what you bring!

Donated Prize: SinglePower will be offering a Slam to some lucky door prize winner.

-------

#4 - Ultimate Ears will be there with a Vendor Table, and will have demonstration gear and some special offers too! Thanks Mike!

Donated Prize: UE-10!

-------

#5 - Slappa signed up for a Vendor Table. They'll be bringing a host of Slappa gear, thanks Dominick!

Donated Prize: A lil somethin' somethin' to be updated!

To see Slappa's door prizes and other giveaways, please refer to:

[size=x-small]POST #117[/size]

-------

#6 - Ray Samuels Audio is bringing the goods to a Vendor Table. RSA will be there with the full product line. Thanks Ray!

Donated Prize: Possibly a Hornet to give to a lucky someone!

------

#7 - Moon Audio will have a nice collection of headphone-related accessories for all to purvey, thanks for ponying up for a Vendor Table, Drew!

Donated Prize: Drew's offering will be a 10' Blue Dragon made to the winner's specifications (mini or 1/4" or balanced). Winners choice.

-----

#8 - Just got off the phone with Matt, Lauren and Gretchen from Shure and they have bought a table.

Shure will be offering (4) E4c's and one certificate for a free E500 (since the E500 aren't officially shipping until after the show)!
Thank you Shure!

------

#9 - Todd, as in our very own Todd the Vinyl Junkie, will be there and he is offering a Goldring GR-1 turntable that was his demo and has only 5-10 hours of use. It is like new and will be donated for the raffle to benefit the Head-Fi meet.

------

#10 - Rudi, of RudiStor Sound Systems fame, is flying all the way from Italy to man a table, with many current production amps and possibly a worldwide premiere of something he has in the works.

Rudi is donating an RP5.1 for the door!

-------

#11 - You want to talk about giving back to the community folks? Check this out! AAA-Audio is graciously giving both an A8T CDP and a Master Headphone amp away for the door prizes! Check out the link for details!

http://www.aaa-audio.com/index-products-original.htm

-------

#12 - Westone is in! They are sponsoring a table for the meet, so make sure to drop by and say hello to Doug Leavy from Westone, who will have a UM1, UM2 & ES2 for the raffle!

--------

#13 - Audio Technica will be at a Vendor Table, or more specifically, two lucky Head-fiers will, and both will get An ATH-A500 for their troubles! Click here for details!

---------

#14 - Beyerdynamic is sponsoring a vendor table, where Rick Belt will be showing the latest and greatest from Beyerdynamic's lineup! He can also answer questions about the DT990 Edition 2005 that Beyerdynamic has donated to make some lucky Head-fier happily teutonic!

----------

#15 - Who said history doesn't repeat itself? Like #11, our own Alex (ayt999) can't make it to the meet but is offering five of his cables anyhow! Three Cyprium One mini cables, and two Ag-8 mini cables as prizes for the raffle!

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 607
Sep 28, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 607
In our efforts to gather corporate sponsorship for our National Meet the committee is reaching out to the manufacturers that make our existence possible and that we support.

Our first call was to John Grado. In the past John has been kind enough to let us New Yawkah’s use his manufacturing lab as a place to hold gatherings. We were hoping for a small contribution towards the cause, but he went well above that.

We are happy to say that Grado Labs is willing to get the ball rolling by donating [size=medium]$1000.00[/size] towards the National Head-Fi Meet.

Also, John is offering us a "package" of Joseph Grado Signature Products which includes a pair of HP-2 headphones, an HPA-2 headphone amp with power supply and a pair of 2 meter Joe Grado interconnect cables that will be raffled off. The tickets will be $10 each with a limit of 1000 tickets that will be available before and at the meet. Due to John’s generosity, the committee has decided to contribute half the proceeds from this raffle to the Eden II Program, www.eden2.org, a school for autistic children, of which the Grado family has long held close to their hearts. John will be pulling the winning raffle ticket at the meet, but you need not be present to win.

Here is the link:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139155

And, if that is not enough, if they are ready in time, John will be offering 12 pairs of Grado Labs new Street Style headphones as door prizes for people who do come to the meet. Winning tickets will be pulled sometime towards the end of Saturday, and you do need to be present for this one, otherwise they go to the next lucky person.

The committee would like to thank John for these generous offerings. Let’s hope we can gather more contributions like these for the continued success and growth of Head-Fi and the meets we have.

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 607
Well, I would like to be added to the attendee list. I will definately be there. I will also be coming with my brother, and my father. So that is 3 people.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 607
Great job immtbiker, et. al. It's going to be quite an event, look forward to going.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 607
Please put me on the list. I will talk to my friend and he might come as well.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #10 of 607
I'm in, and you know that!

I'll be buying 10 raffle tickets, as well.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 607
I will start a separate thread for the Grado raffle and that link will be in Jahn's related threads thread, along with the hyperlink, but I have Tom and Erik down for 10 tickets each.

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #14 of 607
I'm in with most likely one friend (but he will likely have to make a game time decision since his work causes him to travel a lot).

Jahn: PM if you need more personal info like name or home address.

rs1smile.gif

Trogdor

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #15 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
I'm in with most likely one friend (but he will likely have to make a game time decision since his work causes him to travel a lot).

Jahn: PM if you need more personal info like name or home address.

rs1smile.gif

Trogdor

No probs I just put a +1, and if he wants to just start a head-fi account i we can just use his username if he wants to be anonymous - that way he gets a nametag too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back