Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
May 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #361 of 1,190
I'll have to check to see what my serial  number is. I got the last pair from Musica Acoustics. Not sure if he plans on getting any more. They must be in very short supply now. 

I tell you what, the KAEDE has a magic other earphones don't. They remind me of the Final Audio Design gear in their unique, Japanese esotericism. 

They are so smooth and reassuring, while being detailed. The sound comforting. With the wrong genres/mastering qualities, sure they can get harsh, but with the genres they excel at, they excel at - just like all these other Japanese products gushing out now. 

Even with the Kuro on the horizon, I am still glad I snagged a pair of KAEDE. They were one of the first pair of earphones this dude made. They are handmade of maple. If this guy blows up, these will become unobtainable. Only collectors will have them. 200 made, right?

The bass on these is so dynamic, and plump, but never bloated or over bearing. The mid range is lush, with a liveliness in the upper mids that help the whole thing brighten up a tad. The highs are so smooth, sweet, and detailed. Listening to these is like sipping from a fresh cup of green tea early in the morning in the middle of a Japanese Garden. Cliche as it may be, I thinks that's what Ocharaku was going for, and he nailed it. 

May 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #363 of 1,190
Had a look at the fujiya avic site and they had a sold out sign for the kaede. Looks like all 200 gone?

May 31, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #365 of 1,190
Jun 1, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #366 of 1,190
Quote:
May be. More Ocharaku stuff coming in the next few days from Ω

You mean other stuff than the donguri and kuro? Well if they have something up their sleeves that can beat kaede (which I think is among the top three or two dynamic drivers iems) I'm all ears.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #367 of 1,190
Sorry, just photos and reviews. Nothing special. I'm not sure there is anything that will 'beat' KAEDE. I find Kuro to deliver amazing results that don't lack like Sui does in some areas. Is it overall as fulfilling? I can't say, but I find it damn fine. But KAEDE, possibly, is something else. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #368 of 1,190
What complys are compatible with the Kaede nozzle?

And are there any that can give more isolation? Let's say the max isolation possible without going for custom tips.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #369 of 1,190
Even with custom tips the isolation is gonna be pretty bad IMO. They are just a poor design in terms of isolation. I think they are even worse than the EX1000, MDR-7550 and FX700 in this regards. But for me it's ideal as I can wear them out in public and still be aware of my environment (safety reasons). Plus they are quite portable.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #370 of 1,190
It's just that whatever tips I have now, especially if silicon don't feel secure in my ear. It feels like it'll fall out at any moment. I guess I'm looking for more stability than isolation? That feeling that it's stuck in there and won't move unless you pull it out.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #371 of 1,190
Quote:
It's just that whatever tips I have now, especially if silicon don't feel secure in my ear. It feels like it'll fall out at any moment. I guess I'm looking for more stability than isolation? That feeling that it's stuck in there and won't move unless you pull it out.

Are you wearing them over ear? I found wearing them over ear with the large UE (TF10) silicone tips to provide great stability. Wearing them down never worked well for me and my ears were constantly in pain.... Not to mention the large comply tips don't give me anywhere near a seal on these......

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #373 of 1,190
Overear without memory wire is kind of loose with my  ears. But it did make it better.

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #375 of 1,190
Quote:
I agree. Some trade off but I think worth the better fit and comfort :).

I still don't get a seal though. Looks like I'm back to complys. 

Will any model work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back