Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #376 of 1,190
I still don't get a seal though. Looks like I'm back to complys. 

Will any model work?

I use comply Tx-200 with wax protection.

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #377 of 1,190
Quote:
I still don't get a seal though. Looks like I'm back to complys. 

Will any model work?

I really don't know. The only success I've had with the comply was on the IE8 and even then I ended up breaking my IE8 due to the comply tip itself :frowning2:. Do you have access to other silicone tips? I suggest you purchase more tips if you don't have a whole lot to tip roll.

To help though I insert them at an angle and lock them into place So angle the wire housing facing in front of you and as you incert the IEM you make a clock-wise twist. I straight line of the sound with the center of my ear. Works like a charm for me with the UE tips.

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #378 of 1,190
You simply won't get airtight seal with KAEDE/SUI/KURO. The design is vented and open, precluding isolation of more than maybe 15dB. It is an open sound because of its open design. Close it up and it wouldn't be the same thing. If you want to seal the sound, seal the vents along the earphone and use the earphone tips you've used. That's that. Prepare a lot of tape or sticky tack.

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #380 of 1,190
The Ocharaku phones are fantastic Cooper. They can be a little harsh if you're sensitive to treble though. I'd personally opt for the Kuro myself if Shig's right on about the performance/price ratio.

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #382 of 1,190
Quote:
cooper: if I had the dosh, I'd get KAEDE right now. I don't. Kuro isn't quite to the same level, but it offers a lot of the same sound. Love it. BTW, I'm shig, not Shig. 

Now hang on! This time I got right. Right?!

size]

(Thanks. I will think about it seriously given your endorsement.)

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #383 of 1,190
Quote:
The Ocharaku phones are fantastic Cooper. They can be a little harsh if you're sensitive to treble though. I'd personally opt for the Kuro myself if Shig's right on about the performance/price ratio.

Thanks also. I'm not rich (far from it) but I have learned at this stage that factoring in price/performance just costs me more money. I spend the least by buying uncompromised performance.  
size]

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #384 of 1,190
well i just now try to by it from price japan and they send me email that they can't finish the order b/c it is out of stock.
it seems that i was lost that train. hope it will have sothing better in is sleeves
someone want to sell?

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #385 of 1,190
Try Dimitri at Musica Acoustics. I bought the last one he had, and that may have been the last one available, period. But if there's more to be had, he will get it for you. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #388 of 1,190
I heard feom people that all Kaedes are now sold out due to limited stock and the recent buzz on this forum and other review sites.

I was looking for one and now it is becoming a highly sought after IEM.

One owner wants to sell 2x the price!

Try Dimitri at Musica Acoustics. I bought the last one he had, and that may have been the last one available, period. But if there's more to be had, he will get it for you. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #389 of 1,190
I envy you because i can testify that it is THAT good.

I tried once with tera player and they sound amazing. Organic, non fatiguing, smooth and detailed as well. I ask the owner whether he wanted to sell both. Of course the answer is no.

Kaede is not for everyone. I concur. However it is pleasing and rewarding in the same time.
(And limited too).
For sure the creator is a genius with funky looking IEM that can beat the big boys. Wonder anybody ever heard his modified versions of CK55.
My search is still on.

I'll have to check to see what my serial  number is. I got the last pair from Musica Acoustics. Not sure if he plans on getting any more. They must be in very short supply now. 

I tell you what, the KAEDE has a magic other earphones don't. They remind me of the Final Audio Design gear in their unique, Japanese esotericism. 

They are so smooth and reassuring, while being detailed. The sound comforting. With the wrong genres/mastering qualities, sure they can get harsh, but with the genres they excel at, they excel at - just like all these other Japanese products gushing out now. 

Even with the Kuro on the horizon, I am still glad I snagged a pair of KAEDE. They were one of the first pair of earphones this dude made. They are handmade of maple. If this guy blows up, these will become unobtainable. Only collectors will have them. 200 made, right?

The bass on these is so dynamic, and plump, but never bloated or over bearing. The mid range is lush, with a liveliness in the upper mids that help the whole thing brighten up a tad. The highs are so smooth, sweet, and detailed. Listening to these is like sipping from a fresh cup of green tea early in the morning in the middle of a Japanese Garden. Cliche as it may be, I thinks that's what Ocharaku was going for, and he nailed it. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #390 of 1,190
Check E Earphone. Every now and then, a used Kaede might pop up. 

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopbrand/045/081/X

There are definitely alot of Sui for sale. 

I remember seeing one pop up last week for around 60,000 Yen

Ofc, you'd also have to get a proxy/company to ship it over to you if you aren't in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back