Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
May 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #331 of 1,190
BTW it would be great if you could try out the new fitear as well

May 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #333 of 1,190
My Kaede's been stuck in customs for 4 days now. 

May be able to get my hands on the Kuro a few days after the show on the 11th. Crossing my fingers it goes through. I'll be able to do some comparisons to the Kaede. And if Idsynchrono sends me back his SUI, it will be an evaluation of all of Ocharaku's offerings. 

May 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #334 of 1,190
Quote:
My Kaede's been stuck in customs for 4 days now. 

May be able to get my hands on the Kuro a few days after the show on the 11th. Crossing my fingers it goes through. I'll be able to do some comparisons to the Kaede. And if Idsynchrono sends me back his SUI, it will be an evaluation of all of Ocharaku's offerings. 

It will sadden me to live without it. But I shall do it for the sake of science my friend. 

May 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #338 of 1,190
Ha! I do wonder what they think when they see "Earphones" come through at dollar amounts like that. It may flag. I notice the more the earphone costs, the longer it takes through customs. May be coincidental. 

May 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #339 of 1,190
Quote:
Ha! I do wonder what they think when they see "Earphones" come through at dollar amounts like that. It may flag. I notice the more the earphone costs, the longer it takes through customs. May be coincidental. 

Well it also depends on if they declare the full value. I've yet to get stuck with customs charges with all of my audio purchases.

May 6, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #340 of 1,190
Dimitri at Musica Acoustics always declares the full value. I've never been dinged on packages from Japan, but I got reamed on an amp from Canada. 

May 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #342 of 1,190
Got Kuro in my ears now. Amazing. I think it is fair to skip SUI all together and get Kuro. It's got a bit more midrange sharpness than the KAEDE but everywhere else approaches par. Not as nice looking nor as nice feeling, nor does it come in a nice case. It's not a luxury product but dear god it sounds GOOOOOOOOOOD!

May 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #343 of 1,190
Quote:
Got Kuro in my ears now. Amazing. I think it is fair to skip SUI all together and get Kuro. It's got a bit more midrange sharpness than the KAEDE but everywhere else approaches par. Not as nice looking nor as nice feeling, nor does it come in a nice case. It's not a luxury product but dear god it sounds GOOOOOOOOOOD!

So not point in getting it if you have the Kaede right ?

May 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #345 of 1,190

So very happy to hear this. Any word on price or release date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back