Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #1,036 of 1,190
Just got a used set of Kaedes yesterday.  Playing them via my Hifiman 901.  Excellent pairing so far.  What amazes me so much at this point is that I am usually drawn to warm iems, and warm presentations in general - not syrupy, not un-dynamic, but not bright or tipped-up.  The Kaedes are not forgiving, and certainly not euphonic, but they have very clean upper mids and treble, so they do not add distortion to badly recordings, so they are not unbearable as they are with harsh, trebles (Sony 1000 comes to mind for me).

I also have the Nami and on the basis of liking them, I decided to get the Kaede.  No regrets......   I am finding that as I continue through my journey in 'old fart land', that i am listening to more and more acoustic jazz and well recorded music in general, for which these are great.

I am playing with tips as well, going between the stock Complys (whicih are longer than the T-200s I have gotten driect from Comply), TS500s and Ortofon silicone tips.  Any other suggestions?

Happy Holidays to one and all.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,037 of 1,190
Just got a used set of Kaedes yesterday.  Playing them via my Hifiman 901.  Excellent pairing so far.  What amazes me so much at this point is that I am usually drawn to warm iems, and warm presentations in general - not syrupy, not un-dynamic, but not bright or tipped-up.  The Kaedes are not forgiving, and certainly not euphonic, but they have very clean upper mids and treble, so they do not add distortion to badly recordings, so they are not unbearable as they are with harsh, trebles (Sony 1000 comes to mind for me).

I also have the Nami and on the basis of liking them, I decided to get the Kaede.  No regrets......   I am finding that as I continue through my journey in 'old fart land', that i am listening to more and more acoustic jazz and well recorded music in general, for which these are great.

I am playing with tips as well, going between the stock Complys (whicih are longer than the T-200s I have gotten driect from Comply), TS500s and Ortofon silicone tips.  Any other suggestions?

Happy Holidays to one and all.
Glad you like them, welcome to the club.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #1,039 of 1,190
I've only had a short amount of time with the Kaedes so far, but if I were forced to give an impression right now, I would say that the Kaedes sound very much like the Nami, but the Kaede does everything just a little bit better.  They sound a bit more refined, but have that same "live", dynamic sound. I have not gone back to the Nami yet, but I am fairly sure that I will keep the Kaedes and sell the Nami.  I am usually drawn more to a dark or warm sonic signature, but these are very special and are certainly a keeper.

More to follow as I have time to tip roll, and make more detailed comparisons....

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,041 of 1,190
Just lost my whole rig a couple days ago. Including a nm kaede. if here's anyone that would be willing to let go one a good conditioned one at a reasonable price. please do let me know. these were my go to for quite awhile. Thanks. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,042 of 1,190
Just lost my whole rig a couple days ago. Including a nm kaede. if here's anyone that would be willing to let go one a good conditioned one at a reasonable price. please do let me know. these were my go to for quite awhile. Thanks. 
Yikes, sorry to hear that mate. Chances are whoever who has it now probably doesn't know what is worth.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #1,043 of 1,190
  Reviving this thread back to the top. 

My friend recently sent me a pair of TDK Fit2 eartips, and I have to say, they're the only silicone tips that have been able to support the Kaedes in my ear. The only other tip that made the fit more "stable" were complys. Comfort wise: A+ for me :).

Oh, and anyone know what a good compliment to the Kaede would be?

Which model could I buy from Comply for the Kaede. They don't figure in the list of brands/models on their website.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,044 of 1,190
The Kaede is meant to use the T200 Comply tip, which come in S, M, and L sizes.  The original T200 was taller than current production, but it is the correct model.  I agree that they work well with the Kaede.  Silcone tips often flavor the sound, imho, and you never know what you're going to get.  I bought 2 packs of the T200s, one pack in red, the other in grey, so it is really easy to determine right and left without any effort!  

Hope that helps.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,045 of 1,190
  The Kaede is meant to use the T200 Comply tip, which come in S, M, and L sizes.  The original T200 was taller than current production, but it is the correct model.  I agree that they work well with the Kaede.  Silcone tips often flavor the sound, imho, and you never know what you're going to get.  I bought 2 packs of the T200s, one pack in red, the other in grey, so it is really easy to determine right and left without any effort!  

Hope that helps.

Right. And T300, T400 and T500 also work fine. (I am currently using some T500s that I had hanging around.) I personally find the T200s a bit tight, i.e.difficult to take off. When I reorder, I will go with the T300.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #1,047 of 1,190
Talking about tips, I have experimented with some models and brands.
SQ: Supertips Foam (bassier, more clarity, more sibilance) >= Tx200s (less bass, bit muffled, hardly sibilant) > Tsx200s (muffled highs and spacing)
Isolation: Supertips Foam>Tsx200s>Tx200s
Comfort: Tx200s>Tsx200s>Supertips foam
Classical and acoustic Jazz should definitely be played with Supertips Foam on;
Extended listening to a variety of music genres, Tx200s (for the reason of sibilance)..
It is hard to put Supertips on, though.
First time users really have to follow their instruction to wear the tips.
BTW, all the silicon tips, including the Spinfit tips designed by Ocharaku are just too bright and fatiquing. They are for Flat 4 Donguri, not for Kaede-Nami-Kuro line.
Edit: I am testing with Nami, but the sound signature should be similar.
Edit: Reevaluated

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,048 of 1,190

Right. And T300, T400 and T500 also work fine. (I am currently using some T500s that I had hanging around.) I personally find the T200s a bit tight, i.e.difficult to take off. When I reorder, I will go with the T300.

I've also tried the T500s, and the bore diameter definitely affects the sound of these....  I preferred them with the 200s, but that is my taste, as I usually prefer warmer-voiced iems.....  I should have been a bit more specific with my original post re: the T-200 was the oem supplied tip by Ocharaku with the Kaede.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,049 of 1,190
Do any users of ocharackus here have some thoughts on the new Nami? I have only used the SUI and loved it. But would consider spending more 
on the KURO or Nami...its hard to get clear comparisons Ive found :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back