Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 14, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #7,592 of 8,127
I still switching between YinLuMei A1S and F.Audio FA2 for mobile while using Quloos QA390 at home...

So i suggest F.Audio FA3 which has better function and battery life than FA2, the sound still on neutral side despite a bit roll-off on sub-bass and has kinda good technical for its price
I have both FA3 and FA3S. The SQ is similar, FA3 is a little warmer, FA3S has longer battery life, about 20 hours. And is cheaper than FA3. I can't find where to get the latest firmware of FA3S. Anyone knows?

Jan 13, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #7,595 of 8,127
If you are prepared to sacrifice a cable you could try slicing into it and cutting the power wire. No guarantees it would work, but perhaps worth a try with a cheap cable?

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #7,597 of 8,127
My F.Audio XS04 sucking my phone acc like crazy in the dac mode cause it's charging while playing. Any idea, how i can power off charging process? Or can i contact f.audio somehow at least?
portable player as a DAC with Smartphoe...strange.

F.Audio very powerful, so it will suck the battery out of the device.

You can contact with DEV only on taobao, but i dont think that they are will make a new firmw and high energy consumption, most likely, can not be removed programmatically.

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #7,602 of 8,127
Hey Peeps!

So I finally stumbled on this thread while searching more on the Quloos QA390. I had a full day with it yesterday and in short it's probably the only true desktop replacement device I've listened to. Unmatched SQ and functionality for the price. Some of my observations from it's dedicated thread:

I had a chance to listen to the Q390 yesterday for an hour or so and I was extremely surprised with the SQ (as well as the build) on offer. Very engaging sound with emphasis on transparency and neutrality.
I'm just not able to wrap my head around why this doesn't have much traction. It sounds soo good for a portable (or transportable). Anyone from here still own this/using it?
I'll be getting some detailed hands on time with it this weekend. Looking forward to put this against the Fiio M17.

I've had this thing since the morning and lemme tell you: I've never heard my IEMS like this from an all in one source before. Even from a desktop DAC like the RME ADI-2 (granted the rme is not a player).
The sound is clean, powerful and detail oriented while still maintaining a sense of realism and musicality. Detail levels are far better than many mid tier DACs (easily bests the topping D70 and the ADI-2)

I'm surprised at how good this is compared to the ADI-2. Not only can this drive bigger and higher Z cans well but can make em sing (R70X, HD650, NDH20). The ADI-2 in comparison sounds thin and lifeless (loose bass too). High impedance IEMs and earbuds also have a different verve with the QA390. The amp on this is pretty good but i think the main champion on this unit is the DAC section and the player/source component. Playing .wav files directly from the internal player is a world of difference when compared to streaming over usb from an android phone/pc. My CD rips sound near similar to my daphile PC on the desktop rig. Extremely impressive.

This unit is a sleeper. Jeez louise! Where has this been?:o2smile:

I'm really impressed with the QA390 and am seriously considering getting the QA390LE (ESS 9038Pro based). Considering it has even better electronics and components, I'm sure it must have the performance to match. Does anyone own the LE version here? Any notes/observations/experiences on it's performance will be really appreciated!
Cheers!:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #7,603 of 8,127
Hey Peeps!

So I finally stumbled on this thread while searching more on the Quloos QA390. I had a full day with it yesterday and in short it's probably the only true desktop replacement device I've listened to. Unmatched SQ and functionality for the price. Some of my observations from it's dedicated thread:

I'm really impressed with the QA390 and am seriously considering getting the QA390LE (ESS 9038Pro based). Considering it has even better electronics and components, I'm sure it must have the performance to match. Does anyone own the LE version here? Any notes/observations/experiences on it's performance will be really appreciated!
Cheers!:beerchug:
It's hard to get 390LE impression, especially in english

The only way looking for it on chinese forum, you can start by using baidu and use "qa390le" as keyword

I do own and use qa390 for more than a year already, it still one of the best transportable (not that portable, but great enough to move around with it) source IMO

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #7,604 of 8,127
It's hard to get 390LE impression, especially in english

The only way looking for it on chinese forum, you can start by using baidu and use "qa390le" as keyword

I do own and use qa390 for more than a year already, it still one of the best transportable (not that portable, but great enough to move around with it) source IMO
Thanks man! I'll check it out! :)

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #7,605 of 8,127
When looking for music players with an excellent performance, I stumbled upon the H2 Music Player from Hifi Walker. This really does have a beautiful sound, tons of driving power, and excellent construction quality, plus a nice touch for those who want a button based DAP!

I made a full review about it, and compared it to most of the competition, plus added some personal notes about its usability

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/hifi-walker-h2-music-player-retro-chinese-dap.html

HiFi-Walker-Hi-Res-High-Resolution-DAP-Music-Player-H2-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back