Obscure Chinese DAPs
Apr 18, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #7,096 of 8,143
Hi all!
Currently I have TFZ Tequila and Acmee MF-01. I really like this combination!
Most of the time, I'm listening the music at the office. But I also have to join Skype call from my laptop when I work. So I have to take off my Tequila (it has no mic), and switch to cheap USB headset provided by my company.

I wonder if I could utilize both, or at least the Tequila, so I can use only one earphones for both listening to music and have a call at Skype.

I'm thinking to use Shanling UP4. It can be used to receive a call, right? Any other suggestions?

Will be much better if the options are having same or around the same sound quality as the output of MF-01.

Btw, my budget is around 100$.

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #7,099 of 8,143
I am interested in the Tempotec V1-A and was wondering what peoples impression of them are?

As in sound, UI, bluetooth. The full works.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to do a little comparison between the Tempotec V1-A and the JWD JWM-115:
The JWD's UI is very simple, fast and effective. But the V1-A has many more options and is just as simple, even similar.
The JWD has a large, bright display, and is heavier in construction. The V1-A is very small and lightweight.
The JWD has less power than the V1-A. While the JWD, gives 0.674V at 32 Ω, the V1-A gives 1V.
The JWD's Bluetooth gives a little more power than the V1-A, but the V1-A has many more options in this regard. Sound difference in Bluetooth? Not very distinguishable, but I prefer the V1-A.
On battery I haven't faced them, but it could be quite similar, although I think, also better the V1-A.
The V1-A has a lot of possibilities of use, line output, like transport, possibility of use with amplifiers, two SD slots and a long etc..
But, in sound, I prefer the JWD, more clarity and a more spacious sound, very good for its price. It's a pity that it doesn't have line output or the possibility to recognize a USB amplifier.
Still, the JWD is the small DAP I use the most.
You can read my full reviews about both of them, here or in my blog, which are also in English.
Greetings.

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #7,100 of 8,143
I'm going to do a little comparison between the Tempotec V1-A and the JWD JWM-115:
The JWD's UI is very simple, fast and effective. But the V1-A has many more options and is just as simple, even similar.
The JWD has a large, bright display, and is heavier in construction. The V1-A is very small and lightweight.
The JWD has less power than the V1-A. While the JWD, gives 0.674V at 32 Ω, the V1-A gives 1V.
The JWD's Bluetooth gives a little more power than the V1-A, but the V1-A has many more options in this regard. Sound difference in Bluetooth? Not very distinguishable, but I prefer the V1-A.
On battery I haven't faced them, but it could be quite similar, although I think, also better the V1-A.
The V1-A has a lot of possibilities of use, line output, like transport, possibility of use with amplifiers, two SD slots and a long etc..
But, in sound, I prefer the JWD, more clarity and a more spacious sound, very good for its price. It's a pity that it doesn't have line output or the possibility to recognize a USB amplifier.
Still, the JWD is the small DAP I use the most.
You can read my full reviews about both of them, here or in my blog, which are also in English.
Greetings.

Thanks very much for the reply and very helpful with me choosing the V1-A.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #7,102 of 8,143
...so i made the step!i ordered a zishan z3 with the ak4493 dac in it!!!!!!my curent set up is ziku x9 with audio technica m40x.sound:AMAZING.but my problem was that i have also sennheiser hd599 and akg k240 and the damn thing can not drive these 50 ohm headphones,leading me to believe that ziku x9 plus headphones should not exceed the 35 ohm limit of the m40x!So do you belive that the zishan z3 can drive 50 ohm headphones loud and clear?it seems to have a custom eq wich i hope will fix any minor incompatibilities with my headphones...so ak4493 AND custom eq seems to be a crazy deal these days but i do not know if the stock amplifier will have the juice i require to drive my other headphones and i am not intending to mod it becouse i am useless with soldering irons and electronics and such....any input much apreciated from the head fiers,the very experts on this field!hahah
oh and if possible someone compare the JWD JWM-115 sound with the zishan z3 sound i don t know if this has been covered in the forum...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #7,103 of 8,143
I have the Zishan Z3 AK4490 and it has much more power than the JWD, but it also has a high output impedance (100 Ohms). With a load of 100 Ohms, the Z3 is capable of giving almost 2V. But in sound and handling, I prefer the JWD.
I don't know if the output impedance has been lowered using the AK4493, or if the power has been decreased or the sound improved. I don't think so though, as I have the Zishan T1 Dual AK4493 and, due to its decrease in the lower zone, I prefer the JWD.
But it's a matter of taste, not a categorical statement.

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #7,104 of 8,143
i seem to get the picture that the jwd is the best sounding under 100.i tried to cancel my order yesterday and order that instead but the goods had been already shiped out.
whell i hope i will not regret in the long run.
anybody please continiue comparing zishan z3 and jwd jwm 115 seems a very intresting competition

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #7,105 of 8,143
i seem to get the picture that the jwd is the best sounding under 100.i tried to cancel my order yesterday and order that instead but the goods had been already shiped out.
whell i hope i will not regret in the long run.
anybody please continiue comparing zishan z3 and jwd jwm 115 seems a very intresting competition

May 5, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #7,107 of 8,143
At the moment , I have a Hidizs AP100 and Sony A17 handy. I am terrible in describing the SQ - so please take my opinion with a grain of salt. I am using LZ A4 [Red + Blue] for the comparison.

Compared to Hidizs AP-100, XS01 has more warmer tonality.I felt the bass is bit more meatier, hits harder and it has great texture(not sure if this is the right word). Clarity and separation are very similar. AP100 has much treble extension , but I prefer XS01.

Compared to A17, XS01 bass hits much harder and clearer. For some reason I find A17 to be lifeless. XS01 on the other hand for me is exciting and makes me dance :)

Other Pros
- Swappable opamps and they are easy to access. (BTW I am using OPA627AP)
- Solid build quality.
- Has four digital filters like in other DAPS which has AK DACs.
- Two headphone outputs, out of which one is for hard to drive headphones.
- Barebone UI like HisoundAudio studio's , but much better, the extra two button(Home and Back) really helps.

Cons
- Does not play 24 bit FLAC
- No dedicated line out , but there two headphone output, one much more powerful than other.
- There is a slight cracking noise when used with sensitive IEMS while changing tracks. Most of the time I dont notice it.
- Barebone UI , this also means , no playlist or other features.
- No Eq

Hope this helps.
HELLO i also have an xunsound -01 and wonder if i could replace the op amps with op2227 sucessessfully

May 9, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #7,110 of 8,143
Don't have the JWD but the competition is going to be difficult with the now released Fiio M3 pro imo, Fiio is well established and updates their firmwares.

Once I get mine I'll report how it sounds vs Z2, Z3, Dsd pro and ziku x9

Btw Z3 drives 300 ohms easily

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back