Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #6,961 of 8,152
i ordered 2 F2s from one of those stores
none of the buttons were soldered on so they didn't work
you can stick a card in and turn it on and play thru the card but that's it
didn't notice much of a difference in the sound from my V2s
The battery seems too big and pushes against the buttons

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #6,963 of 8,152
Folks at present I am looking for a new DAP but one that will start up quickly like my Aune M2. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles, no streaming, internet is not necessary but something of a reasonable price, say below £200 UK but that sounds pretty good. Any suggestions?

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #6,965 of 8,152
I'm happy to wait and have this confirmed, no rush. The problem is the V2 and V2S are not the same for the resume. The V2 resumes mid track, the V2S only resumes the track and starts at the beginning.

This is actually crucial to me because often I will compile a single 4gb WAV file, many hours long, with crossfading etc. If the F2 resumes like the V2S then everytime I power down the unit it will start at the beginning of that single track, whereas the V2 was brilliant because it would resume exactly where you left off (3hrs into a 8hr mix for example).
I'm sorry but I don't think I'll have the time to find out. But I believe it does if my memory is correct.

Is it a deal breaker if it doesn't?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #6,966 of 8,152
Folks at present I am looking for a new DAP but one that will start up quickly like my Aune M2. It doesn't need all the bells and whistles, no streaming, internet is not necessary but something of a reasonable price, say below £200 UK but that sounds pretty good. Any suggestions?
Sony a55?

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #6,970 of 8,152
Anyone have a comparison of the YinLuMei A2 versus others?

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #6,971 of 8,152
I noticed that the amount of brands creating daps in "China" (Asian region) is very limited. I think there are like 10 major companies?

Fiio, Benjie, Hidizs, Tempotec, Riuzu, Zishan, Hiby, Ziku, Flang, Yescool, Acmee, Walnut, Shanling, Cayin, Xxduo, Aigo...

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #6,972 of 8,152
@cqtek Hello thanks for your feedback. Would you mind posting a few picture of the Music App in use (Now Playing Screen, Music Category, etc).

JWD JWM-115 20_resize.jpg JWD JWM-115 21_resize.jpg

Hello, can you compare the sound of your Acmee and X2?
Thanks
I got my old QNGEE X2 back and I'm still surprised by its sound, but not by its handling. The differences are not so great, they are based on the profile. The X2 has a more neutral, clean profile, while the MF-01 is slightly warmer and crisper, somewhat larger, with more punch in the lower zone and a more powerful feel.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #6,973 of 8,152

I got my old QNGEE X2 back and I'm still surprised by its sound, but not by its handling. The differences are not so great, they are based on the profile. The X2 has a more neutral, clean profile, while the MF-01 is slightly warmer and crisper, somewhat larger, with more punch in the lower zone and a more powerful feel.

Thanks!!!
Sorry))), but can you also compare your Acmee and Zishan T1 sound (with replaced operational amplifiers or original)?
Thanks

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #6,974 of 8,152
Thanks!!!
Sorry))), but can you also compare your Acmee and Zishan T1 sound (with replaced operational amplifiers or original)?
Thanks
Do yourself a favor and buy the Acmee and skip the T1. I like the the sound of the Acmee and it’s built nicely. My T1 screen broke within 2 weeks and there’s no room to roll opamps that are on an adapter.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #6,975 of 8,152
I just broke my Ziku HD-X10. :frowning2:

On its third drop, it was a concrete floor where it took a slide afterwards. The metal body wasn't damaged other than minor paint scratches.

I actually permanently damaged it after opening it a few times. I didn't realize the battery was simply soldered to the motherboard and the wires could easily come loose. One wire popped off the board. I then screwed everything back together without soldering it back as I don't know how to do that.

I heard a noise come from the device while in another room. I then opened it up and took off the second wire in case it was some sort of reaction due to not being fully connected.

I don't recommend opening this device or opamp rolling unless you know how to pull an opamp without damaging the legs as no extender can be used.

The battery is glued to the back casing and board and when you pull open the device the glued battery is attached to the back casing and becomes loose.

The Opamp inside is:

5532D
JRC
J099A

It sounds phenomenal with the Blon 01.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back