Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 22, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #6,976 of 8,144
Do yourself a favor and buy the Acmee and skip the T1. I like the the sound of the Acmee and it’s built nicely. My T1 screen broke within 2 weeks and there’s no room to roll opamps that are on an adapter.
Does the Acme work with low impedence iems? I heard it's more for headphones?

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #6,978 of 8,144
Ish. Sort of. I think that there is some degree of “coloring” due to output, but I can’t confirm that for sure. From what I can hear, it probably runs somewhere between a Zishan DSD and a Z3. It’s not as bloomy as a DSD and is quite controlled running the Muse that comes with it, but it will add a bit of warmth. I don’t have any super sensitive BA IEMs but my T800 and Tansio 4 Pro sound fine out of it. But with all of my DAC/amps and players like this, I’ll occasionaly use the Ifi thingy just to get a different take. I just consider the effect as color. So to answer your question again....sort of.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #6,979 of 8,144
Anyone suggesting a good option under 100USD with bluetooth capability to drive bluetooth cabled Tri i3 or Shuoer Tape? And EQ of course (parametric possible)?

Thanks!
D

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #6,980 of 8,144
The tri 3 probably needs the Btr5 to get loud enough.

Shuoer Tape could use something cheaper like the Up4, W3.... Heck it works with my Trn B20s truly wireless modules.

EarStudio Es100 has an iOS app for EQing its output .

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #6,981 of 8,144
The tri 3 probably needs the Btr5 to get loud enough.

Shuoer Tape could use something cheaper like the Up4, W3.... Heck it works with my Trn B20s truly wireless modules.
Thanks, more than an amplifier a full DSD

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #6,982 of 8,144
I thought I would share this here as no one has this yet and there are no other impressions of it.

I have found a bug when I changed it to English from Chinese the resolution went weird and it was only in the centre of the screen. But I only found this after the video and when I power cycled it.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #6,983 of 8,144

If you are talking about the Acmee MF-01, it has a problem, more than with the low impedance headphones, with the IEMS with BA drivers. The MF-01 is susceptible to change in frequency response, especially in the mid to high range.

Kanas Pro Playmate vs Kanas Pro MF-01.png

Tansio TSMR-2 MF-01 vs Tansio TSMR-2 Playmate.png

The other problem has nothing to do with impedance: sometimes, especially with FLAC, the Acmee changes channels. This bug is reported but not solved. I will insist with the manufacturer when they come back from vacation.
Regarding the output impedance issue on BA drivers, there is little to be done...

It is a pity that this is so, because its sound and ease of use, I like it very much.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #6,984 of 8,144
I haven't looked into DAPs for a while, my last more serious purchase was the Shanling M3S.
Overall I have shifted more to portable and TWS, main source being my iPhone. But I would be interested in something small, with loads of extra space and possibly can be driven by my phone (hiby link I guess). So, I am mainly looking for really good BT performance. Things like DSD, spotify and such are less of interest / importance. I mainly play flac and mp3 and the only streaming I use is mixcloud :)

So, I came across those two: The JWD JWM115 and the TempoTec V1 ... What I like about the TempoTec is that I can save 20$ by buying the non-DAC version (around 78$ atm) and I get 2 slots and less weight (80gr vs 110gr for the JWD) ... anything else out there that would fit the bill? I am not sure if I fully understand the description of the TT V1 as 'without analog' ... i guess it means I cannot plug an IEM directly into the 3.5mm port (which is, I believe only coaxial) and expect music to come out. sooo ... connect to external DAC I guess? (if I wanted to connect wired)

(on the other hand, I kinda like the looks of the JWD better ... and honestly, 128GB / one slot is ample)
not sure if I understand how to use the wifi function, transfer files and voice search ... interesting? @cqtek , does the 115 support hiby link?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #6,985 of 8,144
I haven't looked into DAPs for a while, my last more serious purchase was the Shanling M3S.
Overall I have shifted more to portable and TWS, main source being my iPhone. But I would be interested in something small, with loads of extra space and possibly can be driven by my phone (hiby link I guess). So, I am mainly looking for really good BT performance. Things like DSD, spotify and such are less of interest / importance. I mainly play flac and mp3 and the only streaming I use is mixcloud :)

So, I came across those two: The JWD JWM115 and the TempoTec V1 ... What I like about the TempoTec is that I can save 20$ by buying the non-DAC version (around 78$ atm) and I get 2 slots and less weight (80gr vs 110gr for the JWD) ... anything else out there that would fit the bill? I am not sure if I fully understand the description of the TT V1 as 'without analog' ... i guess it means I cannot plug an IEM directly into the 3.5mm port (which is, I believe only coaxial) and expect music to come out. sooo ... connect to external DAC I guess? (if I wanted to connect wired)

(on the other hand, I kinda like the looks of the JWD better ... and honestly, 128GB / one slot is ample)
not sure if I understand how to use the wifi function, transfer files and voice search ... interesting? @cqtek , does the 115 support hiby link?

Follow up question: looking at the TempoTec digital only (non-DAC), does bi-directional BT mean I can have this device connected to a pair of TWS while AT THE SAME TIME connect it to phone via BT so i can use Hiby Link as a remote?

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #6,986 of 8,144
I thought I would share this here as no one has this yet and there are no other impressions of it.

I have found a bug when I changed it to English from Chinese the resolution went weird and it was only in the centre of the screen. But I only found this after the video and when I power cycled it.

Great, now I like that one as well :D

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #6,988 of 8,144
I'm not liking my Benjie S8. I found bugs as someone noted online before and I swear the SQ is better in the S5. The earbuds in the S5 were also endgame.

I'm really disappointed that I don't like the S8 as the S5 was incredible and was better than my Walnut's and Zishan's. Walnut F2 is better tho, but it just came out...

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #6,989 of 8,144
I'm not liking my Benjie S8. I found bugs as someone noted online before and I swear the SQ is better in the S5. The earbuds in the S5 were also endgame.

I'm really disappointed that I don't like the S8 as the S5 was incredible and was better than my Walnut's and Zishan's. Walnut F2 is better tho, but it just came out...

Do the S5 and S8 share the same SOC?

It might be possible to flash on Agptek software but I don't know which is the equivalent model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back