Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 14, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #6,946 of 8,158
Hello!
Only today did I receive Ziku HD-X9.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. The device does feel a bit clunky, but SQ is great (coming from Sansa Clip+).
It's lively, detailed and pleasing to my ears. Soundstage is definitely improved.

The only issue I'm having is: it seems to recognize only 4000 (exact number) songs from ~5900 that I have.
SD card is fine, formatted to FAT32, worked flawlessly in my Clip.

I guess it's a firmware limitation. Does anyone have any clue how can I bypass it?
If it has folder browse option then use that?

Jan 14, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #6,948 of 8,158
Thank you very much. i have been looking for a good review. Is the touch screen fluent as on the tempotec?
again thanks alot for your impressions.

The display of the JWD JWM-115 is better than that of the Tempotec, it is a better quality panel, it is brighter and better protected. I also think it's more accurate and logical to use, it works more like a smartphone. However, it is heavier and a bit bigger, although, also, the construction looks more solid. As for the advantages of the Variations V1-A, it is the double SD card slot, has more power, works as a DAC and can be used as a transport. But it's also more expensive...

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #6,950 of 8,158
JWD JWM-115:

It's a good device, with a solid construction. The screen looks great, with a good size, brightness and colors. The handling is very stable, but not as gestural as one would like. 32 volume steps. Very low output impedance (under 1 Ohm) and a fairly flat response. Not much power, approximately 30mW at 16 Ohms. Comparatively speaking, it is more powerful than the RUIZU A50 or the AGPTEK IMP. Suitable for IEMS and low impedance earbuds. Very good device for use with Bluetooth headphones.

The sound is comparable to the Tempotec Variations V1-A.

My output voltage measurements:

No-Load 0.679V
32 Ohms 0.674V
100 Ohms 0.677V
240 Ohms 0.678V
320 Ohms 0.679V

@cqtek Hello thanks for your feedback. Would you mind posting a few picture of the Music App in use (Now Playing Screen, Music Category, etc).

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #6,952 of 8,158
The display of the JWD JWM-115 is better than that of the Tempotec, it is a better quality panel, it is brighter and better protected. I also think it's more accurate and logical to use, it works more like a smartphone. However, it is heavier and a bit bigger, although, also, the construction looks more solid. As for the advantages of the Variations V1-A, it is the double SD card slot, has more power, works as a DAC and can be used as a transport. But it's also more expensive...
Thank you very much... so i will go for the JWD

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #6,953 of 8,158
Just quickly asking, is their a dedicated Walnut thread for the V2/V2S? Or is here the best place to ask more indepth specific questions?

Ta!
I think the Walnut F2 is far superior. However the buttons get pressed easily (by themselves) when using it for portable use.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #6,955 of 8,158
Haha that's pretty random comment to my question but I'll take it! :D
It's not really random since the F2 is the newest model and I own all the models from your post.

I don't know which opamp spunds best in the V2S as the one I currently use is not that good. I prefer the V2 with new removable opamp as 2nd choice after F2. However, I wish I never bought the V2 or V2S. Waste of money.

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #6,956 of 8,158
It's not really random since the F2 is the newest model and I own all the models from your post.

I don't know which opamp spunds best in the V2S as the one I currently use is not that good. I prefer the V2 with new removable opamp as 2nd choice after F2. However, I wish I never bought the V2 or V2S. Waste of money.

No it's good that you replied! Stay with me!! I have never messed with the opamp's, my V2 was used with a Fiio A1 and I was happy with the different signatures with that amp (and its bass boosting options). Does the F2 resume absolutely where you last left off? mid track etc? I had no idea a F2 even existed... starting to think I too made a mistake with the V2S. I mean I like the EQ, but all the modes and stuff, so poorly implemented. :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #6,957 of 8,158
I had no idea a F2 even existed... starting to think I too made a mistake with the V2S. I mean I like the EQ, but all the modes and stuff, so poorly implemented. :frowning2:
Check the JieTu and CKLewis stores on Aliexpress. They both have the Walnut F2. The sound quality is extraordinary considering the low price.

Edit: This player does sound good with my JBL Speaker but with the four earphones I tried... not so much.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #6,960 of 8,158
I think it's like the other models, where it left off. I can't confirm right now.

I'm happy to wait and have this confirmed, no rush. The problem is the V2 and V2S are not the same for the resume. The V2 resumes mid track, the V2S only resumes the track and starts at the beginning.

This is actually crucial to me because often I will compile a single 4gb WAV file, many hours long, with crossfading etc. If the F2 resumes like the V2S then everytime I power down the unit it will start at the beginning of that single track, whereas the V2 was brilliant because it would resume exactly where you left off (3hrs into a 8hr mix for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back