Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 30, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #6,527 of 8,132
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #6,529 of 8,132
Just got in the Tempotec V1A from china today
Can't believe how small the device is
It's like 2 Shanling M0's side by side
a little more svelt than my Bengie T2

Seems to be having problems with the microSD from my X2 and with the volume which jumps to 100 by itself
maybe a SW upgrade is needed

definitely something you can carry around in your pocket and not notice
let's see how it sounds though

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #6,531 of 8,132
nice full review of the tempotec V1a by Clegg

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #6,534 of 8,132
1002190820_resized.jpg
V1A has a gapless setting and no LO but I think you can go USB out through the USB C port
And It's really small but slightly bigger than the HiDiz AP80Pro.

my current listen to at work DAP portfolio
Tempotec V1A stock
Dodocool stock
Activo CT-10 stock
Zune HD 64 stock
Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1 Opamp rolled to OPA1662 by HiFlight
Zishan Z3 AK4490 Opamp rolled to LME49720
Zishan DSD stock

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #6,535 of 8,132
Hi all,

For someone who doesn't care about the internal amp (because they'll be bypassing it anyway), how do the Zishan's compare to the Acmee mf-01?

When it comes to the Zishan T1, is it better to have a single 4497 or a dual 4493? And could one use the balanced 2.5mm as an unbalanced LO? Finally, how does the T1 4497 compare to the DSD (besides the fact that the DSD appears to have a 3.5mm LO)?

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #6,536 of 8,132
Hi all, for those with the Acmee MF01, is there a limit on the number of files you can put inside the microsd? I'm getting this System Erroe code: 0203-0406 when scanning my 128g microsd, however, when using a smaller sized microsd with fewer files, the player scans it fine. Thanks for taking time on my querry

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #6,537 of 8,132

my current listen to at work DAP portfolio
Tempotec V1A stock
Dodocool stock
Activo CT-10 stock
Zune HD 64 stock
Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1 Opamp rolled to OPA1662 by HiFlight
Zishan Z3 AK4490 Opamp rolled to LME49720
Zishan DSD stock

whats your favorite in terms of UI and sound?!
is it activio?!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #6,538 of 8,132
Hi all, for those with the Acmee MF01, is there a limit on the number of files you can put inside the microsd? I'm getting this System Erroe code: 0203-0406 when scanning my 128g microsd, however, when using a smaller sized microsd with fewer files, the player scans it fine. Thanks for taking time on my querry

I am not familiar with this one but many DAPs do have a limit for how many files it can build into a database. I know the limit for my Cayin N3 is 20,000 files. Even with a 400 GB card I am below that number because all my albums are flac. If I had a card that large loaded with MP3 then I would be way over the limit.

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #6,539 of 8,132
whats your favorite in terms of UI and sound?!
is it activio?!

Its weird
but sound and UI wise I love my Nuansa P1 (genius work by TJ Styles of the now defunct Revamp Acoustics),
It what I and other owners, might consider a poor man's Tera Player
It's my second P1
I picked it up used from Hiflight and he had already rolled the op amp to make it sound even better than the original

For features it's the CT-10 with it's capability for offline Qobuz/Tidal download/storage
I like it's UI better than my Hiby R3 which also has Qobuz/Tidal download capability
followed by the Tempotec V1A with its dual card slot and Hiby features
then the Dodocool with built in radio/audio recorder (Kind of like those old MP3 players) (UI sucks)

The Zune HD has the best screen/UI but it was made for watching movies on the go along with the audio
the 64GB fixed memory and no card slot is a loser for movies and audio

Soundwise, I think listening to DSD/DSF files on the opamp modified Zishans sound better than everything except except the Nuansa P1
It's just their button UI sucks
I always end up clicking on the wrong buttons
and the DSD is one chunky monkey for your pocket

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #6,540 of 8,132
My broken F.Audio Xs-03 came back to life in a quite bizarre way... I was thinking to try give it somebody to check if could be repaired cheap, so I listened once more before delivery to ensure it was still broken... OMG it works! I took it up, and no more sound! I noticed it was leaning near a magnet, on the output side. So I tried to put the magnet on that side and the sound returned. Wow... I opened the Xs-03, I only removed the panel on the output side to access inside without pulling out everything I took a small but powerful neodymium magnet found somewhere and I tried to put it on the white "boxes" I evidenced below, near the outputs, while listening (anybody knows what is it? I guess is some kind of relay)
IMG_20191002_223955.jpg

(picture downloaded from Aliexpress)

And then trying to place the magnet the sound gone off and on, and finally remain on without magnet, on both outputs. Could it be that those relays got somehow stuck pushing on them when I opened the player two weeks ago and the magnetic field unlocked them?
Well, now the player works. But may this mess have some influence on the sound? It seem to play normally, no distortion or noises, but I think is better to review the other Xs-03 I ordered already a couple of weeks ago as replacement, it would be too late to cancel the order...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back