Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #6,511 of 8,143
cqtek
question

Xngee X2 ? or
ZIKU HD-X9 ? or
Tempotec V1a ?

I have the Ziku and Tempotec on order from Ali

I like the double card capacity of the "do it all" Tempotec V1A but the Ziku HD-X9 seems like a better sounding version of my Zishan DSD with the same power

I have the QNGEE X2.
I don't have the ZIKU HD-X9, because when I wanted to buy it it wasn't in stock and they recommended me to buy the ZIKU HD-X10. The X10 also has losses in the lower zone, and this lack of bass makes me not use it, also weighs a lot.
The Tempotec V1a is on its way home, when it arrives, I suppose in two weeks, I will be able to compare it with the QNGEE X2. Now, the ACMEE MF-01 sounds better and its handling is simpler than the QNGEE X2. On the other hand, I have been told that they plan to implement the function of reading two levels of folders in December...It's not too soon.

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #6,512 of 8,143
That's nice but still too little, too late honestly.

I have Genre / Artist / Album (And sometimes more when it's more than 1 CD albums), I'm considering it but not if I have to put all my music at the same place to make up for the terrible firmware, by december the competition can make it completely irrelevant if they don't get their crap together.

Waiting eagerly for the F.Audio FA3 reviews for instance.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #6,513 of 8,143
I think considering the fa1 and fa2 got bad reviews, it will be tough to find a review on the 3rd revision, it seems f.audio is controlled by some greedy a$$hole, who keeps deciding to release half finished, terrible implemented daps......
Except the s1, it too has a roll off but not bad, 30+ hours battery, small, powerful Lil DAP. They should stick to that, still waiting on a follow up

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #6,514 of 8,143
I think considering the fa1 and fa2 got bad reviews, it will be tough to find a review on the 3rd revision, it seems f.audio is controlled by some greedy a$$hole, who keeps deciding to release half finished, terrible implemented daps......
Except the s1, it too has a roll off but not bad, 30+ hours battery, small, powerful Lil DAP. They should stick to that, still waiting on a follow up

I’m glad I never jumped on the f.audio hype train. It seems that I read nothing but complaints.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #6,515 of 8,143
Any impressions on the Ruizu H1?

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #6,516 of 8,143
I have the QNGEE X2.
I don't have the ZIKU HD-X9, because when I wanted to buy it it wasn't in stock and they recommended me to buy the ZIKU HD-X10. The X10 also has losses in the lower zone, and this lack of bass makes me not use it, also weighs a lot.
The Tempotec V1a is on its way home, when it arrives, I suppose in two weeks, I will be able to compare it with the QNGEE X2. Now, the ACMEE MF-01 sounds better and its handling is simpler than the QNGEE X2. On the other hand, I have been told that they plan to implement the function of reading two levels of folders in December...It's not too soon.

I read that people were commenting on the weight of the ACMEE and ZIKU daps.
Are they that much heavier than the QNGEE X2 cause that thing has some heft to it.

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #6,521 of 8,143
Oh, and for all of you owners of the Acmee...don’t do the most recent update (C). It just bricked my player.

Ohhh, I'm running this version 2.1.5.C without any problem on ACMEE MF-01. The DAP it's fast and stable.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #6,522 of 8,143
Ohhh, I'm running this version 2.1.5.C without any problem on ACMEE MF-01. The DAP it's fast and stable.
Really? That’s good to hear. My unit after the update just shows a message and the serial number or something on the screen, of which I can’t get out of. I’m sure there’s got to be a way to boot out of it, but I just don’t know how to yet.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #6,523 of 8,143
If you want more bass using the F audio XS03 you can add a headphone amp to it. Ive added the FIIO A3 amp and with bass boost enabled the bass is a lot better. Before Ive been using the Zishan Z3 and I think the XS03 is overall much better. I use it in my car through the AUX input, so I needed something powerfull and the dual DAC seems better for this. Overall happy with the player, the bass is kinda light and I dont really like how they designed the screen menu's.

Sep 29, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #6,524 of 8,143
It’s a bit veiled and POWERFUL in stock mode with two LME49720NA in lfp BUT it sounds great with a lot of ceiling for improvement with mods, rocking an ak4497 with a PGA2310!

83A48F57-0B65-41DA-B260-6603E6091D29.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back