Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 7, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #6,556 of 8,150
IMG_20191006_154952.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #6,557 of 8,150
finally was able to figure out the ZIKU HD-X9 and ran it through some paces today with some more sensitive IEMs like the BLON 03, Campfire Comets and the VE BIE.
It seemed to perform better with those IEMs although it was pushing the BLONs a little too hard getting driver flex.

I also tried my (150 ohm) TY HI-Z HE150 Prosand it struggled with those like it did with the (300 ohm) VE Zens and TIN P3 planars.

Definitely a sturdy device in need of some UI help
Not digging the non touch screen and dial too much, the Activo CT-10's dial implementation feels a little more seamless
The ZIKU seems to have some punch but I want to run my over ears on it to see how it handles the BLON 20 and the Sennheiser 6XX and 58X massdrops sound.

Hard to say which is better the ZIKU HD-X9 or the Zishan AK4497 DSD Pro
The seem similar but different

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #6,558 of 8,150
This happened to my Acmee MF01 after the C update. I emailed Acmee about it (they’ve been on holiday) and they sent me a .bin key. Basically, you put that in the root directory and the player goes back to normal. Email them and get the key. I don’t know if it’s a security thing or registration thing. But, don’t fret...

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #6,562 of 8,150
On the other hand F.Audio XS-03 has a useless balanced output, because it is 3.5mm. Has anyone seen a balanced 3.5mm connector? Because I'm still looking for one, or at least some converter. I only recommend it if you like brilliant sound without bass. I had a lot of hope in that DAP, because I have the FAudio S1 that I love, for its sound and battery life, despite the flaws it also has, including a slight drop in bass, but only 2dB.

Rs. 1,382.08 10%OFF | Haldane 3.5mm TRRS Balanced Male to 2.5mm TRRS Balanced Female Hi-End Audio Adapter 7N OCC Single Crystal Copper Cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qVYdVG3A
Rs. 1,382.08 10%OFF | Haldane 3.5mm TRRS Balanced Male to 2.5mm TRRS Balanced Female Hi-End Audio Adapter 7N OCC Single Crystal Copper Cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kKbQjfnw
Screenshot_2019-10-08-14-28-28-55_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.png

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #6,563 of 8,150
Hi all,

For someone who doesn't care about the internal amp (because they'll be bypassing it anyway), how do the Zishan's compare to the Acmee mf-01?

When it comes to the Zishan T1, is it better to have a single 4497 or a dual 4493? And could one use the balanced 2.5mm as an unbalanced LO? Finally, how does the T1 4497 compare to the DSD (besides the fact that the DSD appears to have a 3.5mm LO)?

I have the same question, i really want to purchase my first Portable Audio Player that work as USB DAC too so can use it with my laptop while im working.

Acmee MF-01
Zishan DSD
or the Zishan T1

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #6,565 of 8,150
The DSD is the only one that works as a DAC with your computer (as of now). The others have not upgraded their firmware yet to be useable this way (although there are promises). When the firmware gets sorted out, the Acmee will be a contender. I like it a lot.
Edit: The T1, although touted as “swappable” DAC chip section, doesn’t really. Work that way. Also, I’ve already broken mine as I snapped the screen and that has caused it it completely be useless. So, longevity might be a problem with that one.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #6,566 of 8,150
The DSD is the only one that works as a DAC with your computer (as of now). The others have not upgraded their firmware yet to be useable this way (although there are promises). When the firmware gets sorted out, the Acmee will be a contender. I like it a lot.
Edit: The T1, although touted as “swappable” DAC chip section, doesn’t really. Work that way. Also, I’ve already broken mine as I snapped the screen and that has caused it it completely be useless. So, longevity might be a problem with that one.
well the DAC IC used in the DSD looks better in the datasheet.

Looks like will purchase a DSD then :) and maybe some earphones too :)

Where you guys recommend to purchase it? i see some sellers in Aliexpress that have it (and have earphones)

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #6,567 of 8,150
well the DAC IC used in the DSD looks better in the datasheet.

Looks like will purchase a DSD then :) and maybe some earphones too :)

Where you guys recommend to purchase it? i see some sellers in Aliexpress that have it (and have earphones)
I’d recommend the Blon BL-03 with these type of players. A good inexpensive but great sounding single Dynamic driver. I get better results with a single and/or earbuds.

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #6,569 of 8,150
Thanks, looks like is my budget range, i have in mind

AK KZ ZSX
CCA C12
ZhiYin Z5000
T2
and now Blon BL-03

I just have a pair of Vsonic GR99

You can get the Zishan DSD thru Amazon there's mulitple versions so make sure you're picking the one you want

Don't forget about the Venture Electronics BIE IEM.
It's like $20 USD
Gives the BLON BL-03 a run for the money
those Z5000s are good too
The DSD have 3.5SE and 2.5Bal options
It also has enough amp to push 120/150 ohm units like my VE Zen Lites and TY HI-Z 150Pros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back