1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Obscure Chinese DAPs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, May 26, 2014.
First

Back
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
440 441
Next

Last
  1. silverfishla
    There is different firmware sets for the aAK and ES models. So if you have both boards, you’d have to load firmware when you swapped them. So sorry, yes swappable but not that convenient. Also, they didn’t allow any space where the OP amps are located, so you can’t put your opamps on an extension board. Meaning that you are constantly pulling up on the fragile legs. Would have been nice if they left a few millimeters more of space for that. T1 sounds good though, so I won’t knock that.

2. Themilkman46290
    The ak4497 version has balanced out and 3.5 out, but has very high output impedance, it doesn't sound good with really sensitive iems and earphones, the ak4490 version has much lower outbut impedance and is more powerful then the ak4497, the 4490 doesn't have a balanced out but it does have a line out, in the end the 4497 is not as good as the 4490, I guess that's why the 4490 cost a bit extra
    I have both, only high impedance buds and full-size Cans sound good on the 4497, I use the 4490 with all my kz collection and my he4xx (planar really needed they extra power)

HungryPanda and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  3. Themilkman46290
    For these iems the ak4490 version will sound much much better,i have many kz, t2, and the high output impedance of the 4497 makes them very high pitch. If you can find the 4495 version with the nob, it was the best version of all

KarmaPhala and NotKunvinced like this.
  4. samsagaz
    try to find the 4495 version without luck :/

Maybe purchase another earphone? and the DSD 4497 version?

5. Themilkman46290
    W
    Like I said before, the ak4497 has HIGH output impedance, works best with high impedance gear, works OK with dynamic drivers and big cans, but won't get as loud it's best with 100ohm to 200ohm and 300ohm earbuds. The ak4490 version is good from 20ohms to 400ohms, and will push higher volume, for example ak4497 dsd with my he4xx comfortable volume for me is 24 out of 31. With ak4490 and he4xx comfortable volume for me is 20 out of 31.
    The biggest difference is that the ak4497 has balanced, but it lacks a line out, it has a darker background but distorts more (specially with low impedance gear, all the iems you showed are low impedance, there are no high impedance iems) so in the end its only good with buds
    If you want iems get the 4490, or the t1. If you have hard to drive low impedance the 4490 is also the better option.
    If you plan on just using buds and cans then 4497 will work, but it distorts much more at loud volume

If you want to amp it, or use the line out, only the 4490 and 4495 have line out

6. Themilkman46290
    The best budget earphones I tried with 4497 is the kz zs5, they are perfect combo,the zst were unbearably bright, along with zsr, zs10, zs6, they get high pitched, hissy
    Grado also don't sound good with 4497, too boomy, emu purple heart distorts at loud volume, sounds boomy, m50x was cool but also distorted, and he4xx is also good with it, won't distort but you need to crank up the volume

If you buy the ak4497 version and plan on using low impedance, you will be disappointed. It distorts at high volume, gets boomy if it's a dynamic driver and hissy if it's B.A. Driver.
    The zishan t1 and ak4490 dsd are for lower impedance gear
    Most people that recommend the ak4497, don't own both. Ak4497 has a bit more detail, and darker background but it has poor circuitry, the 4490 has a bit less detail and has a slightly brighter background, but much better circuitry.

Get anything you want, but if you want the best, and you only plan on using low impedance, and you refuse the 4490, then try acmee mf01 or zishan t1 with ak4497 they both sound better out the box then the old ak4497 dsd, but if you want a zishan dsd, and only plan on using low impedance(kz, tin audio, tfz, etc) go for the 4490
    If you only use buds(monks, qian, ty hi-z, seahf, k's) then ak4497

KarmaPhala likes this.
  7. samsagaz
    Thankst too much! (i own a grados sr80e too)

I found that exist two versions of Zishan T1, one is with dual AK4493EQ and another with one AK4490EQ. in this model the 4490 is the best choice too?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 2:01 AM
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  8. LaughMoreDaily
    AK4493 Is the newest dac and some say best.

Themilkman46290 likes this.
  9. Themilkman46290
    I don't think so, but I don't own the t1 yet, there is single ak4490, dual ak4493 and a single ak4497, I have been told that the ak4497 t1 has better sound then ak4497 dsd

10. oneula
    I thought the port on the bottom of the Zishan DSD was a Coaxial/Line Out port? So it had 3.5 and 2.5 bal on the top and coax/line out on the bottom
    You could also get that iFi dongle to use with low impedance IEMS on the DSD

I just ordered the Acmee MF01 after reading all the reviews here to compare to my Zishan DSD and op amp upgraded Zishan Z3 as well as the ZIKU HD-09 I just got

In comparing the upgraded Z3 against the DSD, I like the size and the off/on switch on the Z3.
    I'm finding when I pull it out my DSD is already turned on while in my work bag which is a little spooky cause it get's warm
    My need to get a hard case for it

Themilkman46290 likes this.
  11. Themilkman46290
    I thought it was a coaxial out, haven't tried the bottom hole, and did you try setting boot mode to long press? It helps to make sure it doesn't accidentally turn on.

12. cqtek
    I love my new little DAP, I didn't think it was so small. There are still some strange situations to improve with the firmware.

Tempotec V1-A:

No-Load 1.012V
    32 Ohms 0.995V
    100 Ohms 1.007V
    240 Ohms 1.01V

It has a neutral-bright profile, a lot of clarity. The use is very good, a lot of functionalities that make the difference with respect to its competition. Longer battery life than others. But, of course, less power. But 1V is more than enough for any IEM.

Tempotec V1-A 16_resize.jpg

Hi-Res and very flat frequency response:

Tempotec V1-A.png

darmanastartes likes this.
  13. oneula

pretty amazing how small the Tempotec V1A is and it has two card slots
    I need to play with mine more
    I've had some trouble with my cards
    the device won't scroll sometimes
    kind of like its stuck thinking

cqtek likes this.
  14. LaughMoreDaily
    How are the Ziku HD x9 and x10? The opamp can be changed in the 10 which is cool.

I've seen a few bad reviews for these and despite the lack of reviews for them too that makes me still feel cautious about getting one.

I.e. not so good volume knob in the 9 and clicky buttons in the 10.

Are you happy with yours?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 3:06 AM
  15. baskingshark
    I use the ZIKU HD X9 as my daily DAP. It has great battery life ~20 hours, and is sturdy like a tank.
    The UI is a bit dated but is no frills, just put your files on a micro SD card and it reads most formats fine.
    The volume knob is a bit slow if u need to scroll songs, but u can use the left/right buttons to scroll too and I hardly touch the knob except to control volume.
    It doesn't colour the sound, maybe has a bit of subbass roll off and slightly brightens the treble a wee bit. And very sensitive IEMs have a hiss on it, but this disappears when music starts playing.

I got it primarily for the battery life, I'm sure there are better DAC chips out there, but I got my set at $38 USD and can't complain much for the price.

LaughMoreDaily and HungryPanda like this.
First

Back
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
440 441
Next

Last