Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #5,657 of 8,142
He's just too sweet, I remember his works from the good golden days of FiiO DAPs :)

Apparently xDuoo happily gave him the code. They never bothered to update stock firmware themselves.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #5,659 of 8,142
It really warms my heart that we have such an awesome community. Also, sad to hear that. At least xDuuo makes pretty solid hardware :)

the new X20 is fully programmed and written by Hiby BTW... :)

From what I have read, the X20 is their best. I only have the X3 which I rockboxed the day it arrived. I knew it would need it and was ready, having read all the posts and making sure I understood what to do. I had never used rockbox before on any device.

Now I have a few too many daps:)

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #5,660 of 8,142
Someone in chi-fi DAP territory should do something similar to DX50/DX90 imho, with physical buttons + touch-screen AND replaceable battery! This kind of "setup" is unfortunately getting really rare! I mean, all those chi-fi companies have all the tech needed to make one but there is almost always one of those things missing...

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #5,661 of 8,142
Someone in chi-fi DAP territory should do something similar to DX50/DX90 imho, with physical buttons + touch-screen AND replaceable battery! This kind of "setup" is unfortunately getting really rare! I mean, all those chi-fi companies have all the tech needed to make one but there is almost always one of those things missing...

That'd be nice, but I'd trade the touchscreen for a 2nd (or 3rd:ksc75smile:) card slot anyday

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #5,662 of 8,142
That'd be nice, but I'd trade the touchscreen for a 2nd (or 3rd:ksc75smile:) card slot anyday
Why? You have SO much music in Your library? I have 3x64GB mSD cards and it is hard for me to get 3rd one full with music I actually like. Though, nowdays they don`t make such good music so much anymore, maybe that`s why?

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #5,663 of 8,142
Found this on ebay .Advertised as -
Hi-Res Lossless DSD Vehicle Music Player HiFi Stereo Car Audio Source System'
US $237.49

s-l1600.jpg

• Full-featured: LRC lyrics display, album cover display, random play, single/full-circle playback, preview playback, fast forward/rewind, folder selection, one-button mute, Song deletion, card upgrade, card formatting, song singer/album/style categorization, car mode setting, backlight brightness and time setting, sound EQ setting, Chinese/English menu setting, etc

• Supporting card playback: even 128G SD and TF card

• Supporting many formats: DSD64/128/256, 24BIT 192KHZ WAV/APE/FLAC, MP3/AAC/WMA and so on

• Using high-speed dual core architecture of MIPS and DSP, classical CS4398 DAC and OPA2604 Op amp which make it more natural and clearer

• With wire controller and providing sound source of high quality for speakers, it will even automatically play and shutdown consistent with the car starting and stopping, it also supports breakpoint playback, power-off memory

• Built-in 2200mAH lithium battery, fully charged for 8 hours of continuous playback, it is even with low and high temperature resistance from -40 to +80°C

• Using high-end materials: Low phase noise active crystal oscillator, WIMA polypropylene audio capacitor, 0.1% precision thin-film resistor, 4-layer circuit board, Nikon audio electrolytic capacitor and super Low ripple LDO LP5907

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #5,664 of 8,142
Why? You have SO much music in Your library? I have 3x64GB mSD cards and it is hard for me to get 3rd one full with music I actually like. Though, nowdays they don`t make such good music so much anymore, maybe that`s why?
Too much is never enough.

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #5,665 of 8,142
Mar 10, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #5,666 of 8,142
Anyone here can make a comparison between:
- dodocool da106 (icc c18) vs benjie t6 (agptek rocker) vs ruizu a50 vs benjie s5?

Mar 11, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #5,667 of 8,142
My Zishan Z1 recently starting to produce breaking noise when i played songs, sound something like a broken speaker.. huhu dunno how to solve this.. anyone with similar experience?

Mar 11, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #5,668 of 8,142
So unfortunately my Xduoo X2 just died after an year and a half's usage. Since I really like the X2's bright and energetic sound output, I might as well buy another one. But I might be considering upgrading from the X2 to a similarly sounding DAP, maybe the X3ii. Anyone know whether the X3ii uses the same DAC as the X2? And what are some other good DAP recommendations that sounds exactly like the X2 but more refined?

P.S. I already have an LG V30 so I'm not interested in buying any DAP with a ES9218P dac.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #5,669 of 8,142
1) Any feedback on these is appreciated
- Benjie S8 (Agptek m30b)
- agptek m6b

2) in any case, do you know if benjie x1 has an AGPTEK version?

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #5,670 of 8,142

Was thinking I read myself here....but nope, its Coil! Are we the only fews to care about this changeable battery feature and physical button (including gain switch)???

Man....i get kinda blacklisted by Ibasso because I rant about the new path they take with DX80 in a very immature and crappy review I write some years ago (feel bad about this crappy review)...anyway, it was a very disconcerting move that make me fear about ''planed obsolecence'' approach that ALL Dap company choose to make nowadays...like, oh, battery is dead? Just put to whole thing in garbage and get excited about a NEW dap model! See, we just lauch 3 news ones last month (say fiio?)...my Ibasso DX90 still work like a charm after 5 years, and this isn't due to chance, as I drop it on the floor like 10 times and wel, cover go off as well as battery, put them togheter and: work like a charm. This two DX model was planned to have LONG DURABILITY.

Now, perhaps walnut and zishan are the DAP to go for durability, as batery can be easily change. Xduoo X3 too is quite easy. But I have a long relation with Xduoo in the past, even try to collaborate for the creation of a TOTL DAP model, and I was OBSESS about changeable battery....and well, they weren't at all, so I get pissed off and just disappear.

its not Just about changeable battery, its a whole durability concept that DAP should approach, wich include intuitive interface with minimal but well thinked buttons like DX50-90.

I'm now curious to know if ZIKU HK-X10 is this type of DAP...but not sure the battery is easily changeable in long term...anyway, nope, no DAP company have real user friendly changeable battery like DX50-90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back