Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #5,296 of 8,158
Yeah, I have mainly flac and dsd files...... Ahhhhh, such a good price, my wallet is hurting, don't know weather to get it or invest in some higher end earbuds, does it handle pure b.a. drivers well? Or does it have a high impedance out? Wish there was more info on it

I dont have any pure ba earphones only hybrids and dd and works well with them.Dont know the output impedance.

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #5,297 of 8,158
Anyone have an X51?
HTB1X9xzXcTxK1Rjy0Fgq6yovpXax.jpg

Curious to a few things about it if anyone does have it. :ksc75smile:

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #5,298 of 8,158
Anyone familiar with the Hifi Walker H9 a/k/a Aigo mp3-105?

Amazon has been closing out the Hifi Walker version for $18.89. Unfortunately, the UI is so horrible that it's not even worth that price. Yet when you can actually get it to play music, it sounds quite good. Its unfortunate because the build quality is also excellent.

Just wondering if maybe there's some Aigo firmware update out there that might make it less painful to use? I tried searching the Aigo site, but I don't speak the lingo. Best I could find was the specs for the 105, but no firmware download that I could see. Anyone else try?

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #5,299 of 8,158

Amazon has been closing out the Hifi Walker version for $18.89. Unfortunately, the UI is so horrible that it's not even worth that price. Yet when you can actually get it to play music, it sounds quite good. Its unfortunate because the build quality is also excellent.

Just wondering if maybe there's some Aigo firmware update out there that might make it less painful to use? I tried searching the Aigo site, but I don't speak the lingo. Best I could find was the specs for the 105, but no firmware download that I could see. Anyone else try?

It has some obscure chinese chips from what i heard. Painfully awful to use at times given how crappy the UI is. It has a load of other issues as well that have gone unfixed. Look at their z6 player. Its way better.

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #5,300 of 8,158
It has some obscure chinese chips from what i heard. Painfully awful to use at times given how crappy the UI is. It has a load of other issues as well that have gone unfixed. Look at their z6 player. Its way better.

Oh, I have the Hifi Walker H2, which is based on the Aigo Eros Q, and its amazing. I'd just like to find a way to make an $18 dap useful.

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #5,302 of 8,158

I recently got the H9 as it was ridiculously cheap, and yes it sounded great and had powerful output... with SD (16-bit) sources. Have you tried listening to hi-res 192kHz files or DSD files? Utter rubbish. With these files the sound is so distorted I can only assume the hi-res decoding is fake. I urge you to do a comparative listen with some high quality headphones, some tracks in 16-bit and 24-bit to see what I mean.

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #5,304 of 8,158
I recently got the H9 as it was ridiculously cheap, and yes it sounded great and had powerful output... with SD (16-bit) sources. Have you tried listening to hi-res 192kHz files or DSD files? Utter rubbish. With these files the sound is so distorted I can only assume the hi-res decoding is fake. I urge you to do a comparative listen with some high quality headphones, some tracks in 16-bit and 24-bit to see what I mean.

Knowing all the issues, I couldn't resist the low price. Just ordered 1. I am stupid that way.

Nov 10, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #5,305 of 8,158
Knowing all the issues, I couldn't resist the low price. Just ordered 1. I am stupid that way.

It's actually a pretty great sounding DAP as long as you're happy to stick to 16-bit files. And the quirks of the UI can be worked around. Battery life is very good too, about 15 hrs I think. Worth getting at the current silly low price, with those caveats in mind.

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #5,307 of 8,158
Nov 11, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #5,308 of 8,158
Interesting but wouldn`t jump on it before some reviews surface.

Does it have English language and UI works ok? Want to get this for my wife.

Yes, it has English language and UI is very easy and works fine. Only has two little bugs:

- When the screen is off and playing music (battery saver mode) and you press some button to turn on the screen, you can listen a click in the music. The manufacturer says that it is because the battery saving mode is exited.
- When music is playing and you want to return to the list of folders, to the root of the SD, by pressing the "back" button, it is as if the DAP is lost and does not represent the list of folders well. Just press "back" again and select the SD card again.

From what I understand the interface is very similar or the same as in other similar DAPs.

Again, this is my complete review (in spanish) about QNGEE X2:

https://auricular.org/qngee-x2-reproductor-mp3/

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #5,309 of 8,158
Planning to take advantage of 11.11 for a new player. Which one woudl you suggest between:

Zishan DSD PRO (4497EQ) or F.Audio FA1? Second one has very good reviews, but I'm a bit worried about the 3.5 balnaced out (need to buy new cables) and the "click" between songs (maye to be solved via firmware update, but no sign of any update in last 10 months: Xduoo strategy).
Zishan DSD seems good only for high impedence IEM (no go for BAs). I have mostly hybrids IEMs and maybe move to full BAs (DM6?), so I'm not sure about this.

F.Audio X02 looks good, but no balanced output :frowning2:

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #5,310 of 8,158
Yes, it has English language and UI is very easy and works fine. Only has two little bugs:

- When the screen is off and playing music (battery saver mode) and you press some button to turn on the screen, you can listen a click in the music. The manufacturer says that it is because the battery saving mode is exited.
- When music is playing and you want to return to the list of folders, to the root of the SD, by pressing the "back" button, it is as if the DAP is lost and does not represent the list of folders well. Just press "back" again and select the SD card again.

From what I understand the interface is very similar or the same as in other similar DAPs.

Again, this is my complete review (in spanish) about QNGEE X2:

https://auricular.org/qngee-x2-reproductor-mp3/
Thanks! Those things don`t bother me a bit.

Do You know any cheapest place where to buy with confidence?

Also, I wonder if this thing is openable? I would try to tweak some hardware maybe.

Edit: nvm, already bought it. 57$. Will try to open it up when I receive it and see if I`m able to do some tweaks :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back