Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 6, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #5,281 of 8,093
I am still thinking which to go for, my mind is set for many options and still open for suggestions. From where you bought opus and which one?
I got the Opus #1. I was completely sold on the Zishan DSD AK4497s after HBB's remarks. A few members here dropped me their take on pairing this with BA only iems. The OI was not something I was aware of earlier on. Did some searches and thought it was best to go with their advice. On the other hand some said they were fine when paired. I would have gotten the F.Audio XS-02 at the end but settled for the Opus #1 eventually. The DM6s are on the way.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #5,282 of 8,093
i've pre-ordered DM6, but it won't be available in a month, approx., if i ever get it..
will measure its impedance curve.
and then, will measure frequency response alteration when used with a high impedance source (upgraded zishan dsd ak4495, 10Ω, and ghostaudio mini A1 amplifier, 15Ω) vs a low impedance source (stock zishan ak4495 -but coupling caps-, and others, better designed).
so you'll get an idea of exact tonal alteration when pairing DM6 with high impedance sources.
there are very exceptional cases where this kind of tonal alteration is used because it fixes excessive peaks at some frequencies. this is the case of KZ ZS6, for example.

but usually, you'll prefer to listen your iems with their original tonal intention.
however, there always will be people who prefer tonal altered gear, even distorted sound. everyone at their own like. we don't discuss liking.

if anyone wants more info about this, please refer to this great thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...urements-in-post-3-tutorial-in-post-2.800208/

sample of tonal alteration of multi-BA iems KZ ZS5v1 and KZ ZS6:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1553#post-13777787
(as you can see, tonal alteration is unpredictable if you don't know the impedance curve of the BA iems)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #5,283 of 8,093
Is there a separate thread for the Xduoo X3 II? Can't seem to find one, and I'm really interested in buying it at the 11.11 sale.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #5,284 of 8,093
Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #5,285 of 8,093
For my best sound, within the range of € 50, is the QNGEE X2.

If you want more information you can read / translate my review:

https://auricular.org/5-reproductores-mp3-baratos/

Now I'm testing xDuoo X3, xDuoo X3II, Shanling M0. For me the best sound is xDuoo X3II, IMHO better than Fiio X1 (I and II) and better than Fiio X3II.
what do you think of dodocool 106?

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #5,286 of 8,093
Nov 6, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #5,287 of 8,093
with 4497? what about f audio's?

If you want the best sound quality for 200usd ( i got it for 220) then fa1 is it.I dont think any dap under 700 can clearly beat it in sound quality.But pls consider it if your preference is sound quality alone.UI is pathetic. 20181106_203631.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #5,290 of 8,093
Nov 7, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #5,291 of 8,093
can anyone help me find best warm DAP for the budget of 300-200$ or less, must be forgiving for bad recordings since most my music library consist of metal music.
don't need any fancy touch screen just reasonable button layout and UI, line-out would be nice too since im going to be using a lot with car AUX...don't need Bluetooth.

my current first choice is xuelin ihifi990/atc hda-dp20...another DAP which apparently has tube-like sound is F.Audio XS-02.

but im open to any other suggestions...im tired of all the DAP disappointments recently :frowning2:

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #5,292 of 8,093
If you want the best sound quality for 200usd ( i got it for 220) then fa1 is it.I dont think any dap under 700 can clearly beat it in sound quality.But pls consider it if your preference is sound quality alone.UI is pathetic.
How often does it crash and freeze? Why is UI so terrible, I got a chance to grab it for 180 but not sure if I should as I already have a zishan dsd

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #5,293 of 8,093
I have
can anyone help me find best warm DAP for the budget of 300-200$ or less, must be forgiving for bad recordings since most my music library consist of metal music.
don't need any fancy touch screen just reasonable button layout and UI, line-out would be nice too since im going to be using a lot with car AUX...don't need Bluetooth.

my current first choice is xuelin ihifi990/atc hda-dp20...another DAP which apparently has tube-like sound is F.Audio XS-02.

but im open to any other suggestions...im tired of all the DAP disappointments recently :frowning2:

I have a Xuelin ihifi 780 and Colorfly C3 both for sale ... might fit the bill ?

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #5,294 of 8,093
How often does it crash and freeze? Why is UI so terrible, I got a chance to grab it for 180 but not sure if I should as I already have a zishan dsd

My device didnt crash or freeze.My main issue is that i had to restart the device evertime when i play flac files after playing DSD file.When i switch to flac after playing DSD there is a serious pitch issue like music is fast forwarding or vocals sound like baby is singing.I think you understand what i am saying.I have a vast collection of DSD 128 and hires flac files so this a serious issue for me.The problem is solved if i restart the device everytime.There is no gain option and usb dac function.it will also take 7-8 hours to recharge the device fully.Most album art will not load.
But still i am not regretting my purchase because sound quality of this device is absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #5,295 of 8,093
My device didnt crash or freeze.My main issue is that i had to restart the device evertime when i play flac files after playing DSD file.When i switch to flac after playing DSD there is a serious pitch issue like music is fast forwarding or vocals sound like baby is singing.I think you understand what i am saying.I have a vast collection of DSD 128 and hires flac files so this a serious issue for me.The problem is solved if i restart the device everytime.There is no gain option and usb dac function.it will also take 7-8 hours to recharge the device fully.Most album art will not load.
But still i am not regretting my purchase because sound quality of this device is absolutely fantastic.
Yeah, I have mainly flac and dsd files...... Ahhhhh, such a good price, my wallet is hurting, don't know weather to get it or invest in some higher end earbuds, does it handle pure b.a. drivers well? Or does it have a high impedance out? Wish there was more info on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back