Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #4,531 of 8,152
Hi, did you noticed some noise listening Xunsound XS01 like a "tick-tick-tick"?
I hear it listening expecially to dark ambient music, when strong mid-bass audio effects like rumble plays, I hear it continously and it's very annoying. Sometimes also with other genres, often when mid bass sounds come, not so continuous but it is disappointing.
Mine has opamps opa627ap. I can't listen it with this issue, really a pity because it sounds great... I tried some firmwares the newest and some older, change digital filter setting, various file formats, no way!
Any idea if replacing op amps may solve this, maybe some with lower output level as the max level of XS01 is excessive for my phones (higher than 19-20 out of 30 become painful)
I would like to use it again, it sounds so nice... thanks for any suggestion!

hmmm no I haven't noticed a ticking noise. may try some ambient later to see if I can hear it

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #4,532 of 8,152
I've got one too and differences in op-amps are definitely things you really have to listen for. I have a Vivid, a Classic, and the v5i and of the 3 the v5i is probably the hardest to pin down as to exactly the differences in it and something like the Muses. Compared against the OPA2604 though you should hear a bit more difference I would think.

Ah i see, was hoping for a significant diffrence in sound tonality, dont know if op-amps benefit from long time of burn in but ill probably it run for days before doing some conclusions.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #4,533 of 8,152
【HIFI参考级USB DAC PA3 4.4全平衡解码便携耳放手机耳机放大器耳扩】http://m.tb.cn/h.WurMjTy 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥uyFP0LZtGkW¥后打开手淘

Hi all, this one looks very interesting, too bad there's no specs in the page
Balance Dual Dac/Amp with multiple connectors ranging from 2.5mm to 4.4mm
Amanero USB. Support Android, iOS, PC bla bla.
The feedback from buyers looks very promising too

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #4,534 of 8,152
hmmm no I haven't noticed a ticking noise. may try some ambient later to see if I can hear it
Ok let me know thanks, I wish it's my unit defective, but someone here had the exactly same issue with the bigger FA1 that is same brand of Xunsound-F. Audio and shares the same UI software with XS01 (and also with the smaller S1, that I own too but no have this trouble. Someone suspect that software somehow conflicts with AKm DAC creating a digital clock mismatch, resulting in ticking, S1 does not suffer this as the DAC is not AKm!) If you hear it it would be a ticking in a regular pattern, non tempo dependent, across stereo field.

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #4,535 of 8,152
【HIFI参考级USB DAC PA3 4.4全平衡解码便携耳放手机耳机放大器耳扩】http://m.tb.cn/h.WurMjTy 点击链接,再选择浏览器打开;或复制这条信息¥uyFP0LZtGkW¥后打开手淘

Hi all, this one looks very interesting, too bad there's no specs in the page
Balance Dual Dac/Amp with multiple connectors ranging from 2.5mm to 4.4mm
Amanero USB. Support Android, iOS, PC bla bla.
The feedback from buyers looks very promising too

Is this on AliExpress by any chance?

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #4,539 of 8,152
It's easy, only needs to copy the file in the root of the SD card. But if you download the file inside there are the intructions in chinese, you can translate easily with Google.

If you have a flat precision screwdrivers you can put under the chip and you can pry carefully. I maked and nothing bad happened.

Does anybody have a descrption on how to move from Chinese to English menu?
Yhanks!

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #4,540 of 8,152
Does anybody have a descrption on how to move from Chinese to English menu?
Yhanks!
I think you want to change the this option in Zishan Z3...So:
Press left button until you go to main menu, where shows the "Z3 v0.2" text. Then move to top right option, under the battery icon, and press the center button. Then you go to System Menu, you can see under battery icon a time (a number with a 's' at the end). Press down button one time to to go to the second option, this is the languaje option. Press Right button until you can see "English", stop here and press the central button.

I hope I can help you without any video.

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #4,542 of 8,152
I think you want to change the this option in Zishan Z3...So:
Press left button until you go to main menu, where shows the "Z3 v0.2" text. Then move to top right option, under the battery icon, and press the center button. Then you go to System Menu, you can see under battery icon a time (a number with a 's' at the end). Press down button one time to to go to the second option, this is the languaje option. Press Right button until you can see "English", stop here and press the central button.

GREAT, works OK as you described. Thanks for your very timely answer - saves me a lot of time!
Cheers, Herman

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #4,543 of 8,152
Question about the Zishan Z3. Does it support gapless playback? It seems to be one of a small set of players that can have the opamp changed. Amps that allow for easy change seem more common.
Zishan Z1, Z2 and Z3 don't support gapless playback, but it's very very easy to change opamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back