Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 28, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #4,516 of 8,150
Can't seem to see the. H3 on Amazon UK ...? ...only on your link..
It's not on Amazon UK at the moment. It was, until about a month ago. My brother in law has one. As I wrote, it isn't as well made as the Hifiwalker H2 and doesn't have a set of IEMs with it. It sounds good, though, but there are firmware issues.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #4,517 of 8,150
It's not on Amazon UK at the moment. It was, until about a month ago. My brother in law has one. As I wrote, it isn't as well made as the Hifiwalker H2 and doesn't have a set of IEMs with it. It sounds good, though, but there are firmware issues.
Yes its a minefield... the agp and hifiwalker also look like the hidizs...... but looks like price about £130

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #4,518 of 8,150
I love mine (AP-60), and have no issue with output power... but I'm only powering very efficient IEM's. I usually top out at '25'.... maybe 30. :)
It is a great little player. I haven't had a single issue or complaint about it.

Yes. No problem for most IEMs, but anything beyond that would be challenging without distortion. Not a deal breaker though - pretty common for most small form factor DAPs.

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #4,520 of 8,150
20180228_230035.jpg

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #4,521 of 8,150
I've only had the Xunsound for a week or so, but the H1 is a really good sounding device to my ears.
Hi, did you noticed some noise listening Xunsound XS01 like a "tick-tick-tick"?
I hear it listening expecially to dark ambient music, when strong mid-bass audio effects like rumble plays, I hear it continously and it's very annoying. Sometimes also with other genres, often when mid bass sounds come, not so continuous but it is disappointing.
Mine has opamps opa627ap. I can't listen it with this issue, really a pity because it sounds great... I tried some firmwares the newest and some older, change digital filter setting, various file formats, no way!
Any idea if replacing op amps may solve this, maybe some with lower output level as the max level of XS01 is excessive for my phones (higher than 19-20 out of 30 become painful)
I would like to use it again, it sounds so nice... thanks for any suggestion!

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #4,522 of 8,150
Hi, did you noticed some noise listening Xunsound XS01 like a "tick-tick-tick"?
Same problem with their F.Audio FA1, exactly as you described and exactly on the same kind of music (ambient and similar genres, like Carbon Based Lifeforms), exactly same type of instruments (mid-bass and anything in that range), exactly as annoying to me too.

In my case clicks are happening on regular repeating pattern, not tempo-dependent, across the stereo field, but only noticeable at mid-level mid-bass dominating parts of the tracks.

I suggest contacting the developer and the shop, insisting on having these issues solved, as it appears to be software, not hardware related.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #4,523 of 8,150
Same problem with their F.Audio FA1

In my case clicks are happening on regular repeating pattern, not tempo-dependent, across the stereo field, but only noticeable at mid-level mid-bass dominating part is the tracks.

I suggest contacting the developer and the shop, insisting on having this issues solved, as it appears to be software, not hardware related.
Exactly same about click stereo pattern, I bet it's 'the same "cpm" (clicks per minute!)
I discovered with Brian Lustmord...
So bad it happen also to the FA1 that costs more than twice than XS01.
But I own also the smaller F Audio S1, that doesn't have this issue. Maybe because S1, unlike XS01 and FA1, doesn't employ AKm DAC (at least, the DAC of S1 is not even specified) and software could not be optimized for AKm... poor developer.
About developer... who is? F. Audio, unlike Xduoo, Xuelin or other brands, doesn't have any website. I contact shop (penon) about another issue of XS01, no answer (solved trying use FLAC or mp3 instead WAV format, just to confirm poor level of software development) so buying those DAPs without proper support could be risky, the last attempt I thought about XS01 is to change opamps and if in luck...
unless a new firmware is rolled out, if the developer try to listen also some dark ambient not only Justin Bieber!

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #4,524 of 8,150
I notice that both devices in question are based on an AK DAC indeed.
Since DAC is controlled via serial port (software registers), I suspect the master clock mode is set to manual, rather than auto mode (external sync) enabled, so there is digital clocks mismatch, resulting in periodic clicks.
How to communicate it to the developer - is another story altogether, would any Chinese based members be willing to help, please? (PM me)

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #4,526 of 8,150
Just purchased. Hoping it really does have gapless and the battery is as good as claimed *fingers crossed*.
Please let us know how it turns out. It'd be great if it really did have gapless. I like these small almost square form factor designs but the inexpensive ones end up being quite the let down between lack of features and awful implementation.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #4,529 of 8,150
Mr. Carlos from burson gave me a chance to try their v5i D op-amp, just recently arrived today.

first Impressions: didnt notice huge difference with the stock op-amp on my zishan z3 except with a slight elevated mids and a weird small reverb or echo

I will do a complete review for this after some burn in.

IMG_20180305_095147[1].jpg

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #4,530 of 8,150
Mr. Carlos from burson gave me a chance to try their v5i D op-amp, just recently arrived today.

first Impressions: didnt notice huge difference with the stock op-amp on my zishan z3 except with a slight elevated mids and a weird small reverb or echo

I will do a complete review for this after some burn in.

I've got one too and differences in op-amps are definitely things you really have to listen for. I have a Vivid, a Classic, and the v5i and of the 3 the v5i is probably the hardest to pin down as to exactly the differences in it and something like the Muses. Compared against the OPA2604 though you should hear a bit more difference I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back