Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #4,352 of 8,143
s-l1600nn.jpg
Any idea what chip is inside?
Guessing the same as the one I ordered, which does not state which one it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MYMAHDI-M3...hash=item56a4fbc8e5:m:mvFDHqfp3BBrpnjqAPuUFwg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #4,355 of 8,143
Yes, they started creeping in lately (both 2.5mm and 3.5mm versions and different pinouts, F.Audio FA1 is another example), but I don't think I saw many (if any) amps that would support such an input. Has anyone?

ALO CDM (and some discontinued models), Oriolus BA-10, Ray Samuels? iBasso used to make one, but their current balanced portable amp only takes single-ended input.

Balanced headphone outs are not too uncommon, but balanced line out on DAPs or portable DACs are pretty obscure. The only one I can think of is one of the amp units on the DX200+AMP3 unit.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #4,356 of 8,143
No problem, where did you order your XS-01? I ordered mine on Penon audio that offers option of three different opamps (unlike Aliexpress) stock 604, then for 16 usd more the 627 and a "dedicate customized" that Penon claims to be "better than 627" I choose 627 as the dedicated customized is unknown maybe less reliable etc...
what about SQ? I think XS-01 is already high-SQ with stock 604 opamps, upgrading to 627 can only add something better (tech specs of 627 are better than 604, slew rate etc) so I am sure to have the best performance without need to make comparings. Will it worth the cost?
For 16 usd more is not big problem, if I had to pay 50 usd more I would concern more!
It is somehow like buying a car with same engine in different setups, example a 2.2 available in 150 or 180hp. How is difference in everyday use, and does it worth pay more buying 180hp? For sure it will never be worse than 150hp, at least not so superior to justify the bigger drain in the bank account... for sure more than 16usd, so requiring a drive test of both 150 and 180hp... before deciding to buy the 210hp :-}
I am chasing the best sound too, XS-01 will replace my Xuelin 770c, it plays well but it's too light in bass and sub bass.

hi,

thinks for the response. I ordered mine from ebay, but looking everywhere the 627 opamps were out of stock so I have the standard 604. If I do find better opamps in the future how easy is it to fit them?

cheers

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #4,357 of 8,143
hi,

thinks for the response. I ordered mine from ebay, but looking everywhere the 627 opamps were out of stock so I have the standard 604. If I do find better opamps in the future how easy is it to fit them?

cheers

It is easy. All you have to do is unscrew the four screws, remove the side panels and then slide the board out. I am not at all good at this kind of things, but still managed to change it easily.

There is a picture in Penon Audio's gallery which shows the disassembled XS01, which will give you a rough idea.

https://penonaudio.com/xunsound-xs-01-dsd-super-mini-hifi-dap.html?search=Xunsound

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #4,358 of 8,143
https://dh1000.hidizs.net/?kid=KTXME

Dynamic Punch for Every Device
Equipped with a high-end ARM with two micro-USB ports; leverages unrivalled FPGA, dual ESS ESS9018K2M DACs and dual ESS ESS9601high-quality amplifier chips in processing and embedding, Hidizs delivers excellent audio formats up to 24-Bit/192KHz. Perfectly compatible with iPhone, Android phones, iPad, PC, MAC, it will turn your all devices into the luxury stereo system.

_V5A7395副本.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #4,359 of 8,143

I’ve just received a Hommie J2. It was £20 on Ebay and is also available from Amazon though it is more expensive there. (The Ebay listing has also changed since I ordered it)

Specifications:
Item size: 90mm * 39mm * 8mm
Item weight: 59.2g
Screen: 1.8in TFT LCD screen
Housing material: Zinc alloy
Bluetooth : 4.0;USB:2.0
Memory: 8G Built-in memory, support external memory card up to 128G
Audio format: MP3 / WMA / OGG / APE / FLAC / WAV / AAC-LC / ACELP
Video format: AVI / AMV(160*128)
Picture format: JPG / BMP / GIF
Recording format: MP3: 32 kbps / 64 kbps / 128 kbps; PCM: 512kbps / 768kbps / 1024kbps / 1536kbps
Charging Power: 5V /500mA (can not use fast charge)
OS: Windows98 / ME / 2K / XP / SP2 / Vista / Linux6.2 / Mac OS 10.3

It’s nicely made with a metal body and plastic front and back.

With seven, back lit, touch sensitive buttons on the front and separate On/Off and volume buttons on the sides it means all functions are easily and rapidly available unlike a lot of similar cheap Chinese players which have multiple functions loaded on one button.

You can lock the screen and it’s very easy to use the UI. Many of the screens are identical to my old Agptek A02 but the extra buttons on the Hommie J2 mean it’s much easier to navigate.

It auto resumes playing almost immediately on switching on without the need to approve anything. I’m just using it for Audiobooks loaded via the Folder menu. I use a sorting application to order the files.

It’s got plenty of volume driving my IEMs. Screen art works but is distorted vertically. There’s a book mark feature but it only works within the file you are playing which makes it rather useless.

I have no BT equipment to test it with and I’ve not investigated the Radio yet.

One listing I saw claimed a battery life of 20 hours but it’s too early to say if that’s true.

OK it doesn’t have gapless etc and it’s just a basic player but for the price I paid and used for Audiobooks I’m very pleased with it indeed.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #4,360 of 8,143
There are two negative aspects in the Zishan Z3, the battery life and the volume. The life of the battery is approximately 5 hours. When the battery is completely empty, a factory reset occurs, because when the player is turned on the language is Chinese. The volume of work I use is above 20 to 27 (max volume is 31). It may be that the use of that volume decreases the life of the battery, but 5 hours is very little. Can any other owner of this player comment on it?

Compared to the 35 hours of life that the F.Audio S1 has the Z3 seems a joke.
The S1 is also almost double and sometimes double of the price with different components.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #4,361 of 8,143
hi,

thinks for the response. I ordered mine from ebay, but looking everywhere the 627 opamps were out of stock so I have the standard 604.

cheers
Out of curiosity I check Penon's XS01 and the 627 opamp is now out of stock. It happened already some weeks before ordering mine, I placed order once 627 became available again. It seems that few people trust those "dedicated customized" ones...

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #4,362 of 8,143

I’ve just received a Hommie J2. It was £20 on Ebay and is also available from Amazon though it is more expensive there. (The Ebay listing has also changed since I ordered it)

Specifications:
Item size: 90mm * 39mm * 8mm
Item weight: 59.2g
Screen: 1.8in TFT LCD screen
Housing material: Zinc alloy
Bluetooth : 4.0;USB:2.0
Memory: 8G Built-in memory, support external memory card up to 128G
Audio format: MP3 / WMA / OGG / APE / FLAC / WAV / AAC-LC / ACELP
Video format: AVI / AMV(160*128)
Picture format: JPG / BMP / GIF
Recording format: MP3: 32 kbps / 64 kbps / 128 kbps; PCM: 512kbps / 768kbps / 1024kbps / 1536kbps
Charging Power: 5V /500mA (can not use fast charge)
OS: Windows98 / ME / 2K / XP / SP2 / Vista / Linux6.2 / Mac OS 10.3

It’s nicely made with a metal body and plastic front and back.

With seven, back lit, touch sensitive buttons on the front and separate On/Off and volume buttons on the sides it means all functions are easily and rapidly available unlike a lot of similar cheap Chinese players which have multiple functions loaded on one button.

You can lock the screen and it’s very easy to use the UI. Many of the screens are identical to my old Agptek A02 but the extra buttons on the Hommie J2 mean it’s much easier to navigate.

It auto resumes playing almost immediately on switching on without the need to approve anything. I’m just using it for Audiobooks loaded via the Folder menu. I use a sorting application to order the files.

It’s got plenty of volume driving my IEMs. Screen art works but is distorted vertically. There’s a book mark feature but it only works within the file you are playing which makes it rather useless.

I have no BT equipment to test it with and I’ve not investigated the Radio yet.

One listing I saw claimed a battery life of 20 hours but it’s too early to say if that’s true.

OK it doesn’t have gapless etc and it’s just a basic player but for the price I paid and used for Audiobooks I’m very pleased with it indeed.

Have you got any cheap DAPs to compare with?

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #4,363 of 8,143
Have you got any cheap DAPs to compare with?

Hommie J2
It’s better than the Agptek A02 and I prefer it to the Sansa Sport although it hasn’t got a clip of course. In many ways it’s better than the much more expensive Mrobo C5 in terms of the UI but the sound quality is not comparable and I doubt the battery life will be anything like as good. But the Equaliser actually works on the Hommie which it doesn’t on my C5. There is a custom setting on the Equaliser as well as the usual presets but I have it set to “Off”.

The Hommie has a rather harsh treble that makes solo piano, for example, a bit “clangy” and the base is thin. I have used it almost exclusively for audio books since I got it so I can’t comment that much about the audio quality. It’s been going for around 10 hours and the battery icon shows about half used. It has a maximum volume setting of 32 but I’ve not had to turn it up above 14.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #4,365 of 8,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back