Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 1, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #4,081 of 8,150
I fancy this.
I have a z2 but find the headlessness infuriating.
The reason that I'm not going to get it is the lack of a card reader.
I like to play then delete and put new music on so usb connectivity is very important.
I love the sound of the z2 but need a screen and proper usb connectivity if I can't delete on the device.
I listen to podcasts and radio programmes mostly so bookmarking is also very helpful if I am to listen to podcasts in the car and music at work.

Other than that I'm very intrigued by the f,audio s1
It,s about the same price.

Does the hive mind have any opinions on this player?

Chas

B9SCRAMBLER have the F.audio S1, and I think he like it...perhaps PM him for more impressions. Feedback aren't bad at all about S1 in general....but they are still rare so, more guinea pigs needed for sure!

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,083 of 8,150
I want some impression of F.audio S1 to :ksc75smile:, I should not thinking on it because I have just bought a Nuansa P1, but these early impression make me crave to have one, damn you :triportsad:

Nuansa Phillip TDA1387T dac really really intrigue me. Damn you too!!! Seriously, how much is the Nuansa P1 and were can we buy it??? Inner part are just soooooo well choosen!

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #4,085 of 8,150
Anybody order a ZISHAN Z3 yet???
Look like a very promising budget DAP....

Save your money, I bought this and cannot use it due to the loud pop/click between tracks, louder than the music I'm playing. I'm praying new firmware would sort it out but am still waiting

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,089 of 8,150
Is the Ruizu A50 the best entrylevel DAP between €20,-- till €55,-- or are there better alternatives?
Depends on what you're looking for exactly. Things like gapless playback or Bluetooth connectivity are missing from the A50 but present in the Benjie T6 for example. Look through the last half dozen (perhaps dozen) pages of posts in this thread for some opinions. The official Benjie thread is another option.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #4,090 of 8,150
Is the Ruizu A50 the best entrylevel DAP between €20,-- till €55,-- or are there better alternatives?

Depends on what you're looking for exactly. Things like gapless playback or Bluetooth connectivity are missing from the A50 but present in the Benjie T6 for example. Look through the last half dozen (perhaps dozen) pages of posts in this thread for some opinions. The official Benjie thread is another option.

the Agptek Rocker is basically the same as the Benjie T6 and easily available on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-...&qid=1514845168&sr=1-2&keywords=agptek+rocker

I love my little Ruizu A50 but I knew when I got it that it did not have gapless play. I have several daps, some of which do have gapless...and more. I wanted the Ruizu for when I wanted something really small to put in my pocket.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,091 of 8,150
Thnaks you so far for all your reactions regarding my question.

the Agptek Rocker is basically the same as the Benjie T6 and easily available on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-...&qid=1514845168&sr=1-2&keywords=agptek+rocker

I love my little Ruizu A50 but I knew when I got it that it did not have gapless play. I have several daps, some of which do have gapless...and more. I wanted the Ruizu for when I wanted something really small to put in my pocket.

I do not mind not having gapless playback on a budget DAP, afaik it is mostly for music I do not listen too atm. I looked the AGPtekRocker up but the price is higher then the Ruizu A50 (€65,-- in comparison to €45 today on sale). So maybe it is a choice between Bengie t6 and the Ruizu A50, both around €45,--. The Benjie has got bluetooth, but I would not be surprised if certain functions can not be used while bluetooth is active (other cheap DAP's have this type of akward bluetooth implementation I have read). At the moment I do not use bluetooth headphones, so maybe bluetooth is not that big of a deal for me (I never used bluetooth before and I do not know the impact bluetooth has on soundquality).

How bad is the scrollwheel-experience on the A50? I read less favorable reactions in this topic about that scrollwheel because volume kept popping up, those reactions make me cautious. Maybe it is possible to update the Benjie T6 with AGPtek firmware to get a more smooth interface at a lower price of €45?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #4,092 of 8,150
Save your money, I bought this and cannot use it due to the loud pop/click between tracks, louder than the music I'm playing. I'm praying new firmware would sort it out but am still waiting
You have already the Zishan Z3 ? I think you talking about Walnut V3
Walnut V3 is garbage but Zishan Z3 is new product and as i understand it is the same with the Zishan Z2 but with screen.

Jan 1, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #4,094 of 8,150
Thnaks you so far for all your reactions regarding my question.

I do not mind not having gapless playback on a budget DAP, afaik it is mostly for music I do not listen too atm. I looked the AGPtekRocker up but the price is higher then the Ruizu A50 (€65,-- in comparison to €45 today on sale). So maybe it is a choice between Bengie t6 and the Ruizu A50, both around €45,--. The Benjie has got bluetooth, but I would not be surprised if certain functions can not be used while bluetooth is active (other cheap DAP's have this type of akward bluetooth implementation I have read). At the moment I do not use bluetooth headphones, so maybe bluetooth is not that big of a deal for me (I never used bluetooth before and I do not know the impact bluetooth has on soundquality).

How bad is the scrollwheel-experience on the A50? I read less favorable reactions in this topic about that scrollwheel because volume kept popping up, those reactions make me cautious. Maybe it is possible to update the Benjie T6 with AGPtek firmware to get a more smooth interface at a lower price of €45?

My experience with the volume wheel is that it annoys me. It does change sometimes in my pocket. Also, with very sensitive iems I have a problem with setting the level. A level of 6 will be too quiet but a level of 7 might be too much. If I use headphones or less sensitive iems then it is ok. I will usually need the volume to be somewhere between 9 and 14 in that case.

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #4,095 of 8,150
Your so reassuring, thanks! I hope your not a lobby ofr Faudio tough:wink:

Haha, don't worry, I am not even based in China. I can read Chinese though, and have checked with F.Audio about their firmware. The latest version should be dated 4 Dec, and they are working on the next version now.

The latest version can be found on https://pan.baidu.com/s/1eS8NN0m , and password is seVN. For those who cannot read Chinese and you trust my file, you can use the attached one.

Just unzip to get "FSUPDATE.IMG", place it in the internal storage, and restart the player.

Happy listening!

EDIT1: Please remove the microSD card before updating with the firmware.
EDIT2: It seems like the zipped file is removed. Anyway, when you are the link, click on the folder with "V20170204" and some other Chinese characters. In that folder, download the file FSUPDATE.IMG.

Attachments

• FSUPDATE.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back