Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 1, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #1,696 of 8,158
  Wow now the AMOI C10 is showing up as MROBO C5 for just $49.99. This is going to be too hard for me to resist!

Is it supposed to be good?  Is it using the standard microSD card? I'm all for cheaper!
Hidisz AP60 sale ends in just over 15 hours, so I must make a decision.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #1,697 of 8,158
It might be but doesn't has to, you better go with something that you know is good if it'll be your only dap :)

It indeed looks interesting tho.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,698 of 8,158
  Is it supposed to be good?  Is it using the standard microSD card? I'm all for cheaper!
Hidisz AP60 sale ends in just over 15 hours, so I must make a decision.

AP60 is a much safer bet because you know what dac and amp parts your getting, while the MROBO is a complete unknown and realistically there is no way it is using as good internals as AP60, otherwise they would have mentioned the parts. Also the SNR specs are a good indication, the MROBO is 99dB, while the AP60 is 109dB. I would get the AP60.

Also check out the $26 Walnut v2, I would go for this over the others players personally, it is more powerful and will actually sound more punchy than any of these other players because it uses bigger capacitors and a high voltage opamp driven output, plus it uses analog volume control, much more satisfying to use than digital volume (and imo better sounding).

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #1,699 of 8,158

AP60 is a much safer bet because you know what dac and amp parts your getting, while the MROBO is a complete unknown and realistically there is no way it is using as good internals as AP60, otherwise they would have mentioned the parts. Also the SNR specs are a good indication, the MROBO is 99dB, while the AP60 is 109dB. I would get the AP60.

Also check out the $26 Walnut v2, I would go for this over the others players personally, it is more powerful and will actually sound more punchy than any of these other players because it uses bigger capacitors and a high voltage opamp driven output, plus it uses analog volume control, much more satisfying to use than digital volume (and imo better sounding).

I heard that the Walnut V2 line output is not very good. I would like to buy it if it pair well with the Cayin C5. Can you share some experiences about this function?

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,700 of 8,158
  I heard that the Walnut V2 line output is not very good. I would like to buy it if it pair well with the Cayin C5. Can you share some experiences about this function?

While I don't have mine yet, it sounds like the line out is a direct signal from either the DAC or opamp, whereas the headphone output seems to actually have more juice. Also, the line out responds to the volume knob which is unexpected.

I will probably keep this in mind and only use the line out when I want the pure signal. If I am boosting it with something like a 45 watt receiver or even a C5 the lower output shouldn't be any issue. The volume knob thing could be annoying. I plan to find a workaround when possible.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,701 of 8,158
Dec 3, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #1,703 of 8,158
Tried Muses02 in Walnut at the gym today, I didn't like it, don't get me wrong, it's an excellent refined opamp, but it loses to AD827SQ and also THS4032, in terms of energy vibes which I need at the gym.

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,704 of 8,158
Lol. My second walnut is in my country already, but the first just got accepted by china EMS half an hour ago. Ridiculous

But not surprising.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #1,706 of 8,158
Hi guys, first post on head-fi and i got a question to ask. I own an old Sansa Fuze 1st Gen and recently due to a very posionous chinese headphone thread in a forum in my home country, i ended up buying 8 headphones -.-

So i am looking to improve my portable music listening experience and have a few options in mind:
1) Benjie S5 - Good value with expandable memory with decent battery life
2) Xduoo X3 - An upgrade (?) over the S5 with shorter battery life
3) FiiO X3 II - Abit out of my budget, am considering it if its really worth it
4) Xduoo XQ-10 AMP - Will use this amp with my Fuze, not much reviews on this but its stated they can drive earphones up to 300ohms

Sooo i am leaning towards 1 and 4 but after seeing the toptop promo for the X3 at 73 bucks, its just too hard to resist. Sry for the long post so the question is which setup or player will give the best performance for the money?

My earphones are:
Monk Plus
TY Hi-Z
HCK UEs
KZ ATE
KZ ATR
KZ ZST
KZ ZS3
Tennmak Pro

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,707 of 8,158
Hi guys, first post on head-fi and i got a question to ask. I own an old Sansa Fuze 1st Gen and recently due to a very posionous chinese headphone thread in a forum in my home country, i ended up buying 8 headphones -.-

So i am looking to improve my portable music listening experience and have a few options in mind:
1) Benjie S5 - Good value with expandable memory with decent battery life
2) Xduoo X3 - An upgrade (?) over the S5 with shorter battery life
3) FiiO X3 II - Abit out of my budget, am considering it if its really worth it
4) Xduoo XQ-10 AMP - Will use this amp with my Fuze, not much reviews on this but its stated they can drive earphones up to 300ohms

Sooo i am leaning towards 1 and 4 but after seeing the toptop promo for the X3 at 73 bucks, its just too hard to resist. Sry for the long post so the question is which setup or player will give the best performance for the money?

My earphones are:
Monk Plus
TY Hi-Z
HCK UEs
KZ ATE
KZ ATR
KZ ZST
KZ ZS3
Tennmak Pro

It is a tough choice. I love my S5 and my X2 (got it for $35) and use them both with my FiiO A1 amp with Monks/Samson SR850. The X3 is at a really good price. So far I haven't pulled the trigger because of what I already have, but I am sooooooo tempted. And don't forget that AGPtek M20 is the same as the Benjie.

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,708 of 8,158
Thanks for the input! Yea the X3 is t a unresistable price due to the offer. The S5 on the other hand is attracting me due to the playback time.

How is the A1 anyway? Coz there's someone who recommended to go straight for the A5 coz its not worth it to get the A1 or A3.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #1,710 of 8,158
I'm probably sticking to my Fuze atm and ordered a Xduoo XQ-10! Hopefully the setup works well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back