Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 14, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #4,246 of 8,127
No problems with build quality etc? I heard the down button did not work on several other peoples.
No problems with mine everything working as it should

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #4,248 of 8,127
Out of curiosity, how would you compare it to the Benjie T6 / AGPtEK Rocker which is about half the price ($50 for it vs $100 for the AP60)?

So sorry... I have never heard the T6, or variant. The two other DAPs I have (other than that Sansa Clip Sport thing) are the iBasso DX-90 and the Onkyo DP-S1. The AP-60 compares favorably to those two (for far less $$), with the exceptions I mentioned earlier. I looked at the T6, and the specs are good, but I was looking for a smaller form factor.

Jan 15, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #4,249 of 8,127
So sorry... I have never heard the T6, or variant. The two other DAPs I have (other than that Sansa Clip Sport thing) are the iBasso DX-90 and the Onkyo DP-S1. The AP-60 compares favorably to those two (for far less $$), with the exceptions I mentioned earlier. I looked at the T6, and the specs are good, but I was looking for a smaller form factor.
That's fine, thanks for taking the time to respond. The two players are about the same volume actually with the T6 being less perhaps. The Bengjie is about as thick, narrower but taller. Its about the same size as the really inexpensive players like the Benjie K9 and S5 or the Ruizu X02 but thicker. I don't remember if it was you or another poster talking about something for workouts and exercising and the like. I'd think that the tall and thin form factor would be better for an arm band type case versus the larger shape of the AP60.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #4,250 of 8,127
Hi. I have a zishan z2 on the way and am looking for some advice. I remember reading somewhere that people changed the op amp in it to something better. What was that amp and is it easy to change?

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #4,251 of 8,127
That's fine, thanks for taking the time to respond. The two players are about the same volume actually with the T6 being less perhaps. The Bengjie is about as thick, narrower but taller. Its about the same size as the really inexpensive players like the Benjie K9 and S5 or the Ruizu X02 but thicker. I don't remember if it was you or another poster talking about something for workouts and exercising and the like. I'd think that the tall and thin form factor would be better for an arm band type case versus the larger shape of the AP60.

Well... I was looking for something specifically for workouts, but I am also more than a little OCD about it... :ksc75smile:
The Benjie T6 is a bit too tall for me (I don't use armbands), and heavier than the AP-60 (80 v. 50g), though the AP-60 is a little thicker. It's all good, though... personal preference and all, I'm really pleased with the Hidizs.

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #4,252 of 8,127
I'm enjoying the F.Audio FA1. It sounds very good, does not cut off any music. I do not know if it is gapless as I have no gapless album on it yet. The card I put in it turned out to be fake so only have used internal memory so far. I love how solid this dap is, could be a great weapon
With what type music format did you try it?
Now I find other APE to test it, and I will conclude if it sound better with this format, but I feel FA1 is very ''subjective'' about music files!
What I can't wait to try it balanced out, did you test it????

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #4,253 of 8,127
In another hands.....my Walnut V2S volume is very low when I use it as a DAP and ultra loud when use it as an amp....I change stock OPamp for dual Opa627 wich help a little for background hissing but not for DAP volume....and kind of give too much bass too. Very confuse about this cheap DAP.

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #4,254 of 8,127
All my files are 16bit and 24bit flac I have not tested the balanced out yet but will try it tonight

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #4,255 of 8,127
In another hands.....my Walnut V2S volume is very low when I use it as a DAP and ultra loud when use it as an amp....I change stock OPamp for dual Opa627 wich help a little for background hissing but not for DAP volume....and kind of give too much bass too. Very confuse about this cheap DAP.
Have you tried to adjust digital volume on it (long press on mode/eq while playing I believe )?

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #4,257 of 8,127
Have you tried to adjust digital volume on it (long press on mode/eq while playing I believe )?
man.....i'm even more confuse..this trick make disappear the sound....it go down down and now no sound What!?

EDIT: It kind of work now...don't know what I do I press all type of butons hold them open close turn volume etc....and now it can drive my Takstar Pro82 very well. I guess I have press mode/eq before and it make the sound go down for some reason. Now all is sweet and swell!

OH, and I CONFIRM that the Opamp I use is clearer and I can't hear background hiss anymore. A must do IMO Really wonder how it could sound with a Muse OPamp...will begin to colelct some I think. Got the Burson V5i to try. So easy to swap....was thinking it will be more complicate than that.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #4,258 of 8,127
All my files are 16bit and 24bit flac I have not tested the balanced out yet but will try it tonight
One thing sure, the DAC in there is very revealing and crave inner details in music that wasn't even found with other DAC....very impressive and some people will not even hear it as its show in a natural way.
Another very magical aspect is the fact it do not create distortion to most iem, earbuds and headphones, as if the dynamic was smooth but creat virtual impact instead of heavy sound pressure...even my crappy 6BA iem have like 500% less distortion in bass. Can't really explain this phenomenon but its not an hallucination. With APE I feel SP and dynamic is different, but let's try this right away to see.

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #4,259 of 8,127
Well, I am, but only because of the theft of my colorfly c10. The x10 is very good and has served me well for a long time, but the c10 was on a different level - it just made the x10 sound congested and lacking musicality next to it. I should probably order a new c10. I was eyeing the new cayin n5ii but going by the opinions here and on the Russian forums I don't think it is what I'm looking for sound-wise. Also eyeing the sony zx300 for some time, but if I decide to stick with sony I might just buy the new xduoo poke for my sony a35 as people seem to be praising it a lot and find it a big upgrade withe the zx300 to, so if I'm going to use a sony as a transport I might as well stick to the smaller footprint of the a35

Btw, I did listen more to the xduoo nano d3 today after the update and it is definitely more usable and actually if one can go without sdcard it is totally usable with files from the internal storage, so maybe I can gift it to my father soon. I don't know - it's just not what I expected both sound and software-wise. I would rather use the sony a35, which while vastly underpowered in comparison to the nano, is leap and bounds better in usability and even sounds a bit better.
Hi I am torn between x10 and c10 myself can you help me is c10 significantly better than x10?

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #4,260 of 8,127
well....my test with APE turn bad...really bad...files I use was corrupt so now I need to try another time. this is what happen when your DAP worth more than your crappy used laptop, ugh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back