Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #4,216 of 8,121
Got the Hidizs AP60.
Nice little unit. Good build quality, feature set, UI and sound. A nice, impressive DAP... crazy portable, and best of all, can double as a workout and EDC DAP. (Although my commute DAP is my Onkyo.)

Cheers

Does the AP60 have gapless play? I have the AP200 and really like it except it has not yet implemented line out mode.

Jan 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #4,217 of 8,121
I went to the update site for the FA1 but it is in Chinese and all I seem to download is an exe file
Find this back for you Panda.
''The latest version can be found on https://pan.baidu.com/s/1eS8NN0m , and password is seVN. For those who cannot read Chinese and you trust my file, you can use the attached one.

Just unzip to get "FSUPDATE.IMG", place it in the internal storage (not folder), and restart the player.

Happy listening!

EDIT1: Please remove the microSD card before updating with the firmware.
EDIT2: It seems like the zipped file is removed. Anyway, when you are the link, click on the folder with "V20170204" and some other Chinese characters. In that folder, download the file FSUPDATE.IMG.''

Jan 11, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #4,218 of 8,121
Does the AP60 have gapless play? I have the AP200 and really like it except it has not yet implemented line out mode.

Yes it does. Switchable and works very well.

Jan 11, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #4,219 of 8,121
AGPtek H3 Front.jpg AGPtek H3 Specs.jpg AGPtek H3.jpg

Just got the AGPtek H3 DAP/DAC in, will post a more comprehensive review after I get some time to play around with it.

First impressions are positive.

Good build quality, very polished UI, lots of info and options in the menu structure, gapless play, wide ranging file type compatibility, HiBy Link (control DAP and share streaming output with other apps through your smartphone's HiBy Music app,) sounds good on headphones, solid connection with Bluetooth and the aptX codec makes using BT a reasonable option.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #4,220 of 8,121

Just got the AGPtek H3 DAP/DAC in, will post a more comprehensive review after I get some time to play around with it.

Good build quality, very polished UI, lots of info and options in the menu structure, wide ranging file type compatibility, sounds good on headphones, solid connection with Bluetooth and the aptX codec makes using BT a reasonable option.

What is the point at which an APT-X connection is considered solid? Asking because I had a few devices, even high end, and I'm not sure what is considered stable? Every BT Headphne loses connection once in a while, if the DAP is in a pocket, no?

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,221 of 8,121
What is the point at which an APT-X connection is considered solid? Asking because I had a few devices, even high end, and I'm not sure what is considered stable? Every BT Headphne loses connection once in a while, if the DAP is in a pocket, no?
I was able to establish and maintain a connection at 25 feet with the H3, then moved around and manipulated the device without any disconnect.

The best way to maintain a Bluetooth connection is to not block the radio antenna. All Bluetooth devices have a radio transparent section (usually the plastic display or a plastic back) for the signal to get through. Cell phones work the same way with their antennas, now that external antennas aren't part of modern designs.

If you don't hold the device as a hand grenade (fully enclosing the device) you should be able to maintain pretty close to full signal strength. Putting it in your pocket might stop some of the signal but if you orient the "transparent" section so that it is pointing away from your body, it should not really affect the signal.

Different devices have differing radio signal strengths, some have good designs for antenna use, others not so much, so you really have to test each device for capability. This is almost never something that manufacturers offer in their marketing literature or spec sheets.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #4,224 of 8,121
That's the more expensive mkii version, or updated version, or whatever they call it, correct? Because if so it does indeed seem to be worth a good look.

Sure, more expensive, yes 2nd Generation... but I just got it with a $30-off Amazon coupon, so it put me out about $100 including shipping.
It has met, exceeded, and destroyed any and all expectations.

Very good sound, extremely small, relatively lightweight, good UI and features.
Worked out with it the last two days. Perfect. I am only sorry I waited so long to buy this. I'm extremely pleased with this choice.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #4,225 of 8,121

Good build quality, very polished UI, lots of info and options in the menu structure, gapless play, wide ranging file type compatibility, HiBy Link (control DAP and share streaming output with other apps through your smartphone's HiBy Music app,) sounds good on headphones, solid connection with Bluetooth and the aptX codec makes using BT a reasonable option.
Please tell me it doesn't cut the start of each song?

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #4,226 of 8,121
I am actually now thinking about maybe not buying a ChiFi DAP.
I was thinking about buying the Onkyo DP-S1 or Pioneer XDP-30R. Also what's the difference between them?
Are there any ChiFi DAPs or non ChiFi DAPs with a touchscreen and WiFi for around 200€ that might be better?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #4,227 of 8,121
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #4,228 of 8,121
Please tell me it doesn't cut the start of each song?

I did not notice that as I was skipping through songs. Fast forwarding a song there is about a half second of ramp up to full volume.

Is there a EU regulation that mandates this or limits volume to avoid the possibility of hearing damage?

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #4,229 of 8,121
I decided to trust F audio brand on Penon Audio and ordered Xunsound Xs01 (for travelling, holiday and walking around alone) and F audio S1 (being small and light for workout and jogging) I hope they don't cut the start of tracks, an annoying issue of previous Xuelin 770c (also, while sounding nice, no gapless play and lacks impact in bass and sub-bass compared to my Xduoo X2 now having problem with the earphone jack) I hope also they play gapless, although is not a big issue for me all in all...

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #4,230 of 8,121
I'm enjoying the F.Audio FA1. It sounds very good, does not cut off any music. I do not know if it is gapless as I have no gapless album on it yet. The card I put in it turned out to be fake so only have used internal memory so far. I love how solid this dap is, could be a great weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back