Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 1, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #3,527 of 8,127
One member of a spanish forum found that the A50 plays in mono the 256kps m4a files, and I verified in my unit that it's not an isolated problem. Instead, lossless m4a files play perfectly.

My Mrobo C5 does the same thing. It seems that a lot of these Chinese DAP share similar software and share the bugs as well...

I've now tested a m4a file on my MS1 and that also only plays it in mono.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #3,528 of 8,127
My Mrobo C5 does the same thing. It seems that a lot of these Chinese DAP share similar software and share the bugs as well...

I've now tested a m4a file on my MS1 and that also only plays it in mono.

Oh, thanks. I was thinking if the DAC chip could be the origin of the problem, but MS1 has the AK4430, so that's not the reason.

Oct 1, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,529 of 8,127
I haven't listened to the C3 for a while (still use the C&C BH amp daily though off of my laptop/dac). Thanks for getting me thinking of it! Giving it a try now with my Graphene earbuds. Sounds awesome. Ok, trying out the 'ol classic C3/BH combo with the Graphenes. Wow, I forgot how good the C3/BH combo is! (and the graphenes rock as well).

Anyway, looking forward to your C10 impressions!
Well, it's exactly what I was looking for. It's very very neutral with a bit of a tilt toward brightness, but it does not come off aggressive or artificial sounding. The bass is tight and controlled but for some might lack the bigger body of warmer DAPs. C10 extremely clear and highly resolving and pretty spacious sounding with very good separation. It makes even the very technical and clear xduoo x10 sound a but small and congested and a tad muddy (and all sub-x5 fiios sound muddy next to the x10).

Overall, I'm very happy coz it was a shot in the dark with almost no reviews online. It;s well bulit, actually fairly light because of the wooden back panel and quite comfortable in the hand because of the rounded edges of the wood. It will take me some time to get used to the button placement and UI, but as far as UI shortcomings, I have no problem with any of them coz I don't care for gapless and am used to using drive sort to order my files like with the C3.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #3,530 of 8,127
Don't want to bother but you please share some pics?

I had a colorfly CK4+ and sold it because of the terrible UI and a bug that a high pitch noise followed every hi-res track and some 16bit flac. But man, from time to time i still remember it's mids, one of the best i've ever heard, very good pairing with GR07!

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,531 of 8,127
Don't want to bother but you please share some pics?

I had a colorfly CK4+ and sold it because of the terrible UI and a bug that a high pitch noise followed every hi-res track and some 16bit flac. But man, from time to time i still remember it's mids, one of the best i've ever heard, very good pairing with GR07!
Sorry left it home but was away for a couple of days.That's c10 next to sduoo x10 and colorfly c3

IMG_20171003_220949.jpg IMG_20171003_222242.jpg IMG_20171003_222811.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3,532 of 8,127
Sorry left it home but was away for a couple of days.That's c10 next to sduoo x10 and colorfly c3

Nice!

Which one is your favorite?

What's your take on the X10?

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,533 of 8,127
Nice!

Which one is your favorite?

What's your take on the X10?

Well, it's a bit of a draw. The c10 had better sq. As I already said, it is more spacious and clearer with well defined separation. The x10 is also great - it is a very technical sounding player and while behind in overall sq, it is definitely better to use on the go. It is far easier to use in your pocket without looking, it has snappier and more intuitive UI and controls. The c10 has some drawbacks carried over back from c3 times like arranging folders by upload date instead on alphabetically (which I was prepare fro and still have Drive sort), it has the same issue with accurately reading cue files if you skip the songs and it has issue with CTIA ( all new headphones with mic) where you either have to not fully insert the plug or keep the button pressed (not an issue for me).

Both have the same faint click when skipping songs and both lack gapless ( I don't give a schiit about that), though as x10 can read cue files accurately that's not a problem for it as there are no gaps on large single files with cue sheet.

Overall, I was totally prepared for c10's drawbacks and it sounds fabulous. The looks are not too shabby too with that great wooden back and volume slider. Probably given its a bit dated features I wouldn't pay full price for it but at below 150 bucks it blows the competition in the sub-$300 range and even above though I haven't heard everything but IMO it's better than all the xduoos, it's better than the fiios I've heard (which are almost all of them aside from the new 3rd gen and x3 and x5 and the x7), ibasso dx50 and dx80, Lotto paw 5k, AK Jr and a bunch of other stuff like sony a10-a30 series.

Anyway, the c10 is a keeper and if one is looking for a very flat and neutral DAP with great sq and can live without gapless, eq and the likes, it can be very rewarding - in fact it's a freaking steal at 144 bucks. But don't get me wrong, the xduoo x10 is also a killer device and beats a lot of the competition in the same price range falling behind them only in features, not in sq.

Oct 3, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #3,534 of 8,127
Well, it's a bit of a draw. The c10 had better sq. As I already said, it is more spacious and clearer with well defined separation. The x10 is also great - it is a very technical sounding player and while behind in overall sq, it is definitely better to use on the go. It is far easier to use in your pocket without looking, it has snappier and more intuitive UI and controls. The c10 has some drawbacks carried over back from c3 times like arranging folders by upload date instead on alphabetically (which I was prepare fro and still have Drive sort), it has the same issue with accurately reading cue files if you skip the songs and it has issue with CTIA ( all new headphones with mic) where you either have to not fully insert the plug or keep the button pressed (not an issue for me).

Both have the same faint click when skipping songs and both lack gapless ( I don't give a schiit about that), though as x10 can read cue files accurately that's not a problem for it as there are no gaps on large single files with cue sheet.

Overall, I was totally prepared for c10's drawbacks and it sounds fabulous. The looks are not too shabby too with that great wooden back and volume slider. Probably given its a bit dated features I wouldn't pay full price for it but at below 150 bucks it blows the competition in the sub-$300 range and even above though I haven't heard everything but IMO it's better than all the xduoos, it's better than the fiios I've heard (which are almost all of them aside from the new 3rd gen and x3 and x5 and the x7), ibasso dx50 and dx80, Lotto paw 5k, AK Jr and a bunch of other stuff like sony a10-a30 series.

Anyway, the c10 is a keeper and if one is looking for a very flat and neutral DAP with great sq and can live without gapless, eq and the likes, it can be very rewarding - in fact it's a freaking steal at 144 bucks. But don't get me wrong, the xduoo x10 is also a killer device and beats a lot of the competition in the same price range falling behind them only in features, not in sq.

That’s helpful - thanks.

I need the x10 for the dual card slots. I currently have the xduoo x3, which I like (especially with Rockbox). But I know I’ll need to replace it at some point in the future.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,535 of 8,127
That’s helpful - thanks.

I need the x10 for the dual card slots. I currently have the xduoo x3, which I like (especially with Rockbox). But I know I’ll need to replace it at some point in the future.
Yeah, the x10 is a great choce, it has better sound, UI and controls than x3 and no more unreadable display under sunlight. It's not quite on par with c10 sound-wise, but is a more complete package with the dual card slots and better software. I will be rocking the c10 more coz for me sq comes first, but I know a lot of people choose function over sound quality and can't blame them although c10 is not a screenless DAP or something unusable, just has limitations for which are deal breakers for some people.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3,537 of 8,127
I received today my C10 and yes, for 125€ is a bargain. Surely, I can live with the small gap at the beginning of the songs, that in many cases is barely noticeable. Regarding folder ordering, I will have to use FAT Sorter to arrange it, but I was doing that already with the A50.

Where can it be bought for 125€? That's a very good deal. Can you please share the link. TIA.

Oct 3, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #3,539 of 8,127
Oct 3, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,540 of 8,127
I received today my C10 and yes, for 125€ is a bargain. Surely, I can live with the small gap at the beginning of the songs, that in many cases is barely noticeable. Regarding folder ordering, I will have to use FAT Sorter to arrange it, but I was doing that already with the A50.

What exactly is that you are doing with the A50? Mine does not have the albums in correct alphabetical order. A bunch of them will be in order then another bunch. I wonder if it has anything to do with when I added them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back