Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #3,557 of 8,123
The programmes have very different interfaces but both do the same job so the results are the same. It's just a matter of personal preference. I tend to use DriveSort most.
Do you use the prog when the card is inside the player or with withdrown card?
I tried 3 different programs with no luck. It's just in ithe order the files were copied. It's frustrating.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #3,558 of 8,123
I tried 3 different programs with no luck. It's just in ithe order the files were copied. It's frustrating.

I always use a card reader. My computer is actually a Mac which I can't use to run these programmes but I have a very old Windows Netbook which runs XP and it's the only thing I use it for now.

Oct 5, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #3,559 of 8,123
Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Yin Lu Mei A1 (with AK4497, Android-based)?
Some Chinese reviewers on Taobao are singing praises about it, saying that it is better than the D200+ (both AK4495 and AK4497 versions).

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #3,561 of 8,123
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3,563 of 8,123
After you do the sort you need to click on "Save".

Oct 7, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #3,564 of 8,123
I use a really simple program called mp3DirSorterE.exe. You just double click on the exe and then drag and drop the drive you want to sort onto the open dialog box. In the past, very occasionally it didn't do a complete sort (although that hasn't happened for quite a long while) so I used to drop the drive onto it twice to make sure. You don't need to save anything and there is an option to sort folders and files or just folders (if you don't want it to mess with the songs inside the folders). The tickbox for file sorting is unchecked by default.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #3,567 of 8,123
Received the IQQ C5 today. So far so good except of course the same dinky UI setup as the budget Benjie models. More impressions to come soon and full review later on.

IQQ-C5-8GB-APE-FLAC-WAV-Entry-level-High-Fidelity-Lossless-Music-Player.jpg

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #3,568 of 8,123
I’ve found the answer to a problem I was having with my DSD MS1 which might be worth reporting. I was swapping a SD Card between the MS1 and a Mrobo C5. On the MS1 the album art was displaying the wrong pictures and it was also frequently corrupted with digital patterns or only part of the picture would load. The order of files was also totally wrong even after using a sorting programme.

Both the MS1 and the C5 store data files on the SD card and I realised they have the same names. It was only when I deleted these files before using it on the MS1 that things corrected themselves. Rebuilding the database did not cure the problem.

Each player is apparently reading each others data files from the SD card with unpredictable results and also fails to overwrite them properly.

The files that were causing the problem are called:
ALBUM.PIC
M3U.LIB
MUSIC.LIB
They might only show up if you have the option to show invisible files selected on your computer. I suspect other players will be generating similar files.

I’m getting to like the little MS1 more than I did at first but one thing really is infuriating. It has a clock setting like a lot of DAPs but it resets to zero every time you turn it on so it’s fairly useless.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,569 of 8,123
I bought the Smart D200 player : https://www.aliexpress.com/af/Nondestructive-Smart-Player-D200.html

Really nice build, solid cut out CNC block, but it's a little bit bulky for a pocket. The sound is really nice though. The volume pot is high quality, no imbalance and a nice firm feel. Took me a while to figure out how to change the UI language to English, the UI isn't great, it's perfectly workable but sometimes two button press needed to recognize input, not the buttons fault, it's the cpu or . It came with 32GB SD completely full of lossless music, mostly Chinese music, but actually really awesome music, going to be listening to this stuff for a while hehe.

I changed the stock amp Muses8820 to Muses01 which actually made quite a noticeable difference, seems to be a transparent circuit, btw the amp output is Class A biased by 4 transistors. Next I'll change the two LPF opamps to Muses01. The differential conversion is done by OPA1642. Actual colour of the dap is rose gold/champagne gold, (kinda wishing I had asked for the black version so the black screen would meld with it).

The sound is very natural, less cold than the Zishan, not warm, just plain natural sounding, vocals sound very good, and the treble also is more realistic. The bass is meh, not in amount, there is enough bass, but it just doesn't wow me in any way like the mids and treble, actually the bass is a bit less defined than I'd like, which is no good for fast electronic music, but the actual tonality and timbre of the bass is better than zishan, great for instruments, acoustic, classical or even pop and classic rock, etc. Lossless 44.1k sounds noticeably better than 320 mp3 with this player, it is quite revealing and not very forgiving.

Current version of this dap is V4, they made quite a few changes since the original, now using Elna capacitors, better transistors, upped the DAC supply voltage to 7.3v instead of original 5v, and as far as I know this is the first portable player with maxed dac voltage of AK44995SEQ. To compensate for battery life they increased battery to 3800mAH (from 3500) and reduced opamp supply voltage from original +/-12v to +/-10.5v, yet we still get 1hr less playback life (now 6hr vs 7hr original) because of the big dac voltage boost. The V4 has completely redesigned power supply, now using Analog Devices ADP power chip with 3 big AMS1117 voltage regulators, these things provide a massive 1 ampere each.

Hello, i just bought this and i lime the sound. I wanted to ask — i’m hearing pops duringbsong changes. Is this normal? Do you know where i can get firmware updates? I have the gold 4495 version. Really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back