Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #3,376 of 8,152
Is this a feature that was introduced on a later Firmware for the M1? Mine is using ver:1.12 and the track buttons do not scroll through lists but always skip or fast forward whatever the screen in use.
I don't know but it sounds logical.
There are many more updates and fixes so I advise you to update (for links : Google is your friend).

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,377 of 8,152
First of all, hello to everyone and sorry for my bad english,

I just received my Ruizu A50 today and i have some doubts about him. The first impression was really good. The materials seem good quality, and the wheel looks sturdy, but i feel like the click fail sometimes. Do it happens to yours?. I am also looking for firmware updates but i can't find anything in the official website, only a program that i can't even install (this one: http://www.ruizu.com.cn/about-16-1-5-5.html ). Where should i look for?

Thanks and regards

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #3,378 of 8,152
First of all, hello to everyone and sorry for my bad english,

I just received my Ruizu A50 today and i have some doubts about him. The first impression was really good. The materials seem good quality, and the weel looks sturdy, but i feel like the click fail sometimes. Do it happens to yours?. I am also looking for firmware updates but i can't find anything in the official website, only a program that i can't even install (this one: http://www.ruizu.com.cn/about-16-1-5-5.html ). Where should i look for?

Thanks and regards
I have not had any problems with the wheel button on my unit. As far as I know there are currently no firmware updates for the A50.

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #3,380 of 8,152
My review of the ATC HDA-DP20: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/19151/

DSC_0163.jpg

Sep 9, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,381 of 8,152
Now I’m so pleased with my Shanling M1 I’ve stopped using my Mrobo C5 V2 for music and now use it only for audiobooks on long haul flights where it’s exceptional battery life is a great advantage. Even when I spend 24 hours travelling the C5 is still going strong.

However the C5’s file system and the way it displays file names continues to bemuse me. I’m used to files being truncated at the end but the C5 sometimes, seemingly randomly, chops the beginning off. So instead of a file name starting “Mozart” I might see “art”. I do prefer it’s scroll wheel to the M1 though and find I can zip through file lists very quickly.

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,384 of 8,152
My M1 had Firmware Ver:1.12 when I got it which did not scroll with the next or back buttons. I was only able to do it once I updated to Ver:3.0.
Yeah seems like they're pretty good with updates.

20992800_868304506659470_1153368559996768732_n.jpg

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #3,385 of 8,152
You know you buy too many daps when you pick up 4 from the post office on the same day! Yesterday was a fun day :-D

I blame the really good offers they had on Joybuy on the Shanling players being so close to the Ali sale.

Sadly though, only 3 of the 4 I picked up appear to work. Can't get a sound out of the BlueBird M1 as a player (works as an amp, wondering if it's a problem with the SD reader). Gutted about that.

The other players were the Shanling M1 and M2S, and the Ruizu A50. Did I need em all. Nope. But...

Anyway, for different reasons, really impressed by the Shanling M2S and the Ruizu A50. The M1 hasn't had much play yet, but it will.

The M2S is just gorgeous, both looks and sound. A lot has been said about that by others, so I'll move onto the one that really surprised me.

The Ruizu A50 has got to be one of the best players you can get at even close to that price. It seems really powerful for its size, and it doesn't embarrass itself in the company of other players I have at several times the price - insanely good to my ears considering it was £43. Seems to charge quickly and last for ages, and it read the 145gb contents of my 200gb micro SD really quickly on initial startup (my quickest previously has been the Hidizs AP60, but this must've beat it I think).

It has a few flaws I'm not going to complain about at the price and mostly to be expected (the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be, but maybe more than my older Ruizu/Benjie stuff; no line out; cover art is tiny although the screen itself is lovely and text really clear; no gapless; and, oddly, no pause that I can find).

The sound is great though. Leagues ahead of anything I've heard from the likes of Ruizu before. The screen is really nice, and it is tiny (same height as the M1, slightly narrower but a little bit thicker). Definitely will become my go-to player for travelling.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #3,386 of 8,152
You know you buy too many daps when you pick up 4 from the post office on the same day! Yesterday was a fun day :-D

I blame the really good offers they had on Joybuy on the Shanling players being so close to the Ali sale.

Sadly though, only 3 of the 4 I picked up appear to work. Can't get a sound out of the BlueBird M1 as a player (works as an amp, wondering if it's a problem with the SD reader). Gutted about that.

The other players were the Shanling M1 and M2S, and the Ruizu A50. Did I need em all. Nope. But...

Anyway, for different reasons, really impressed by the Shanling M2S and the Ruizu A50. The M1 hasn't had much play yet, but it will.

The M2S is just gorgeous, both looks and sound. A lot has been said about that by others, so I'll move onto the one that really surprised me.

The Ruizu A50 has got to be one of the best players you can get at even close to that price. It seems really powerful for its size, and it doesn't embarrass itself in the company of other players I have at several times the price - insanely good to my ears considering it was £43. Seems to charge quickly and last for ages, and it read the 145gb contents of my 200gb micro SD really quickly on initial startup (my quickest previously has been the Hidizs AP60, but this must've beat it I think).

It has a few flaws I'm not going to complain about at the price and mostly to be expected (the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be, but maybe more than my older Ruizu/Benjie stuff; no line out; cover art is tiny although the screen itself is lovely and text really clear; no gapless; and, oddly, no pause that I can find).

The sound is great though. Leagues ahead of anything I've heard from the likes of Ruizu before. The screen is really nice, and it is tiny (same height as the M1, slightly narrower but a little bit thicker). Definitely will become my go-to player for travelling.
The A50 does have a pause - do a long press on the wheel button.

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,387 of 8,152
The A50 does have a pause - do a long press on the wheel button.

It does, yay! Bear in mind, initially I thought it had no select button and I thought it was faulty til I realised the M1 was faulty in the same way and checked the instructions. I didn't even realise about the 45 degree press haha. And I have a degree, worrying really :-D

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #3,390 of 8,152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back