oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
May 23, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #152 of 498
Me too just a few posts back, as did Anakchan. I just could not hear it.

There really is a divide with these earphones :D
I love them, but advise everyone that any oBravo gear must be listened to before buying. I think that the ERIB-2A won't be the only polarizing headphone in their line up.

I'm inclined to believe that oBravo needs to do more work on selecting their dynamic drivers. A 7mm titanium driver can provide plenty of bass quantity if the tuning is right. 8mm often do well. That the 10mm driver in the ERIB-2a is a bit bass-light is a shame.

May 23, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #153 of 498
I'm convinced it's the fit of the tips.  There's no other plausible explanation for the dramatic tonal differences we're hearing!

May 23, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #154 of 498
When WDCchee showed the graphs a few pages back, it clicked to me "yeah now I understand what I heard". Yes I'm aware it wasn't a graph of the same model but I'd have to agree it seems to be the house signature (yes I've heard the HAMT-1 too - an amusing sideline story but for snother time). I'd probably summarize it as a puzzling coherency that I wasn't (and still am not) able to understand nor get. So maybe the oBravo signature is an acquired taste - one which I've yet to appreciate.

May 23, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #155 of 498
I'm convinced it's the fit of the tips.  There's no other plausible explanation for the dramatic tonal differences we're hearing!
I'm inclined to agree with you here. Too deep insertion ruins the bass and soundstage. Silicone ruins everything. shallow insert the tips so it's just sealing but can still hear plenty of the environment seems to be spot on.

There is no house sound between over ears and in ears. I have all at work and there are huge differences between them both.

May 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #156 of 498
Well, Phil, I might visit you in the next few days to hear what the TOTL offers...

Strangely, I'm hooked on a £20 (no extra digits!) pair of IEMs at the moment, so that would be an interesting battle, knowing where I've come from and what I have...

May 24, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #158 of 498
That is interesting , what on earth can compare with the erib at that price?

At the moment, your guess is as good as mine. :p

I don't force these on anyone I merely leave a range of earphones out with new tips and let clients decide. Whenever the oBravo has been left out 10/10 it will sell over the competitors at the moment.

May 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #159 of 498
Has there ever been greater disagreement,over a product like these?. Generally speaking,people will disagree on bass/treble/forward mids etc., but these ones seem to leave people at either end of the scale,very little in the middle. All this means though, is that i am curious to hear them,although living inN/E Scotland,means there is no chance of that!.

May 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #160 of 498
That is interesting , what on earth can compare with the erib at that price?
Not saying that they will compete, but - seeing that the tonal balance etc. is better (to my ears) on these cheap IEMs than the oBravos that were on the tour, I am looking at this with a bit of nervous trepidation!

...The mids (vocals) on the tour unit were fantastic, but - to me, the extremes needed some work (for the price point, as well as overall) - I'm hoping that the TOTL fix those issues, and then some :)

May 24, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #164 of 498
  Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. EAMT-3a with Spinfit is somewhat different to using the Comply foam. I take it back about silicone not working on these! :D

Those silicone tips don't look like SpinFit tips to me.  What specific brand and/or model are those tips on the nozzles?

800 are on these at the moment. They offer an immense change in frequency response top and bottom. Still preferring comply.

CP800 SpinFit tips are for the narrower diameter nozzle IEMs such as Shure and Westone.  CP100 SpinFit tips are for the wider diameter nozzle IEMs such as Empire Ears, RHA, oBravo, etc.

May 25, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #165 of 498

Those silicone tips don't look like SpinFit tips to me.  What specific brand and/or model are those tips on the nozzles?

CP800 SpinFit tips are for the narrower diameter nozzle IEMs such as Shure and Westone.  CP100 SpinFit tips are for the wider diameter nozzle IEMs such as Empire Ears, RHA, oBravo, etc.

Ooops, good spot Mo,

I uploaded the wrong photo. Doh! These are Wind Tips above and below is a photo of the CP100. It's good comparing the CP100 with the Wind tips....at the moment I think my preference is the later tbh. Great tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back