Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Jan 2, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #4,531 of 7,498
Tomas, take a low light shot of Telemachus with the amp powered on please. Those are VU meters and not mA meters.
Those meters look familiar :thinking:
:slight_smile:

Jan 2, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #4,532 of 7,498
Looks like you may have finally found the right sound signature for you? This is what I found after the experimenting I don't really want to keep changing it any more I'm liking what I hear so why bother! Of course I'm not saying stop obtaining new amps, for people that want please carry on LOL!

Are you a psychic? Yesterday I was totally satisfied with Odyssey. Today I know what a 300b amp with Odyssey DNA will sound. So now I'm only 90% satisfied.

However 4 months after Odyssey arrival, I still find that it's the best tonally with He1000se. My ears of course. Could have stop here right now.

Can you hear any difference with and without feedback?

With feedback, I find it's quieter. Just a little. Also a smite less power. Again not by much.

Jan 2, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #4,534 of 7,498
Can the amp be built with both, and some sort of selection switch to choose between the two?
Ha ha....leave it to you brother....always stretching the boundaries of having more is better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 2, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #4,535 of 7,498
Ha ha....leave it to you brother....always stretching the boundaries of having more is better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Odyssey was suppose to be simple. You know the KISS principle? However it has all these:-

Triode / UL mode switch.
Speaker on/off switch.
Impedance switch.
RCA Input selector switch.
Drive tube selector switch.
Feedback on/off switch.

I find all of these useful and did not regret having any of them.

If I had known it's possible to have ss or tube rectification switch, I would have it.

Jan 2, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #4,536 of 7,498
I know I'm assuming but it sure looks like Telemachus is going to the US or Canada with the 120V input. If Telemachus lands in your area hopefully you and others will get to hear Tomas's latest creation!

Attachments

• US-Canada.JPG
    US-Canada.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #4,537 of 7,498
I know I'm assuming but it sure looks like Telemachus is going to the US or Canada with the 120V input. If Telemachus lands in your area hopefully you and others will get to hear Tomas's latest creation!

Well spotted. Maybe it's going to you Bryant or Bill? :relaxed:

Back is almost similar to Odyssey right?
IMG_2864.jpg

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #4,538 of 7,498
I wish! Lately I've been spending money like a drunken sailor. Came home, from working all night, on the morning of the 4th of December and checked out what was left of Zach and Bevin's stabilized Friday night sale. The Colorada seemed to speak to me, "take me home". Since Colorado is my home state it just seemed natural. So I bought them. Then the following week on the 7th I pulled the trigger on a LCD-4 auction. Then on the 12th I won an auction for the controversial DCA Stealth. Then I left I needed a Grumpy Goose headphone stand. And to top it all off for traveling the iFi Pro iCAN Signature Amplifier. Perhaps I'm in need of some therapy! Headphone Musical Therapy It Will Be!

Attachments

• LTD_Verite_Closed_Colorada.jpg
    LTD_Verite_Closed_Colorada.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 0
  • LCD-4.#1jpg.jpg
    LCD-4.#1jpg.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DCA Stealth.jpg
    DCA Stealth.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 0
  • Paduck and Olive Wood.jpg
    Paduck and Olive Wood.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
  • iFi iCAN Pro Signature (2).jpg
    iFi iCAN Pro Signature (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #4,539 of 7,498
I wish! Lately I've been spending money like a drunken sailor. Came home, from working all night, on the morning of the 4th of December and checked out what was left of Zach and Bevin's stabilized Friday night sale. The Colorada seemed to speak to me, "take me home". Since Colorado is my home state it just seemed natural. So I bought them. Then the following week on the 7th I pulled the trigger on a LCD-4 auction. Then on the 12th I won an auction for the controversial DCA Stealth. Then I left I needed a Grumpy Goose headphone stand. And to top it all off for traveling the iFi Pro iCAN Signature Amplifier. Perhaps I'm in need of some therapy! Headphone Musical Therapy It Will Be!

You have done well. All lovely purchases. No therapy needed. :beyersmile:

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #4,540 of 7,498
Haha you know I like my selection switches :)

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #4,541 of 7,498
Odyssey was suppose to be simple. You know the KISS principle? However it has all these:-

Triode / UL mode switch.
Speaker on/off switch.
Impedance switch.
RCA Input selector switch.
Drive tube selector switch.
Feedback on/off switch.

I find all of these useful and did not regret having any of them.

If I had known it's possible to have ss or tube rectification switch, I would have it.
I will be putting:

Impedance
Gain
Source Selection (Likely at the back)
TR/UL (Likely at the back)

I read your comments on the feedback - do you think it is worth it?

What are you using as volume pot?

Jan 2, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #4,542 of 7,498
I will be putting:

Impedance - Yes
Gain - Yes
Source Selection (Likely at the back) - Yes
TR/UL (Likely at the back) - Yes

I read your comments on the feedback - do you think it is worth it?

What are you using as volume pot?

Feedback in my case is only for the EL11 driver tubes. Since you're not using that, check with Tomas whether feedback is necessary or beneficial.

Not idea what my volume pot is but it is smooth :ksc75smile: and it's also a logarithmic potentiometer.
https://learnabout-electronics.org/Resistors/resistors_09a.php

Are you using the same chassis as Telemachus?

Jan 2, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #4,543 of 7,498
Then the following week on the 7th I pulled the trigger on a LCD-4 auction.

An iconic headphone. One that will remain in my stable. You've pick up one in very good condition.

A most relaxing tone with Oblivion and Odyssey. I'm listening to Elton John now and I've not heard Elton John for a very long time. All the classic starts to come back. Tiny Dancer, Rocket Man, Bernie and the jets, Candle in the wind. By the time I got to Daniel, I've relive my childhood. :relaxed:

What's precious about this LCD4 is that it seek me out. I did not seek it. A friend sounded me out and told me it's mine at a low cost for his few months old LCD4 if I want it. It's his way of saying thanks for my 'advise' to him and friendship. How touching. :)

So here we go.... Daniel.

Jan 3, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #4,544 of 7,498
An iconic headphone. One that will remain in my stable. You've pick up one in very good condition.

A most relaxing tone with Oblivion and Odyssey. I'm listening to Elton John now and I've not heard Elton John for a very long time. All the classic starts to come back. Tiny Dancer, Rocket Man, Bernie and the jets, Candle in the wind. By the time I got to Daniel, I've relive my childhood. :relaxed:

What's precious about this LCD4 is that it seek me out. I did not seek it. A friend sounded me out and told me it's mine at a low cost for his few months old LCD4 if I want it. It's his way of saying thanks for my 'advise' to him and friendship. How touching. :)

So here we go.... Daniel
Your right Matt, the LCD-4 has a most relaxing tone. I've been listening PC>Eitr>Sonic Frontiers Processor 3>Freya+>Loki Max>Auris Nirvana>LCD-4 and it's just sublime.

The mids are so creamy. Really enjoying Sheryl Crow & Emmylou Harris Perform 'Nobody's Perfect' | CMT Crossroads, AC/DC - Thunderstruck (Official Video), Snowy White and Friends - Slabo Day (2012) / official live video, Pink Floyd - " PULSE " Live 1994 Remastered and many more...........

At times the visual que can really add to the musical experience/enjoyment. Oh ya, when I was in California I went by the Schiitr on the 18th and picked up the Loki Max. Got home on the 21st and hooked up the Loki Max. Couple of hours later the Loki Max was having issues. Schiit just happens sometimes. Schiit was great in doing an exchange and the new Loki Max works as advertised. Still not sure I'll keep the Loki Max but it has been nice to turn a knob and make a few tweaks here and there.

Just getting ready to enjoy Marantz SA-14 v2 spinning Tubular Bells>Yggdrasil A1>Freya S>Cavalli LAu (Liquid Gold OG)>LCD-4

Jan 3, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #4,545 of 7,498
All very good gear Bryant. It was a listening session of Chord Qutest > Auris Nirvana > LCD4 that made me want a custom amp and LCD4. That pairing of Nirvana and LCD4 is very good but Odyssey and LCD4 is even better.

The world has not known Odyssey yet but that's the level it's playing at and much better and more versatile in my opinion. Not to mention a lot cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back