Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Dec 25, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #977 of 7,481
Ummm a guy who loves his Abyss TC 1266 with Oblivion. I got to have that headphone one day !

I just bought a HiFiMan HE1000se to use it with Oblivion. I think @joseph69 likes his HE1000V2 with his custom Citadel. Looking forward to it as soon as Rudolph sends it to me.
Yes, I enjoy my HE1000v2 via mt Citadel Custom very much.

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #979 of 7,481
Ha.. most of my favourites.. must check out that Polish band though! The only Polish one I know is Kroke with Nigel Kennedy, who play traditional music.

You can find Psychocukier (PsychoSugar) on Spotify, I mean their last 3 albums. "Krolestwo" (Kingdom) is just pure high-octane garage/new-wave rock'n'roll... their last album ("Antypody Umyslu") is a different story though... totally avant-garde staff, as if they were trying to deconstruct rock-music in general. Either way, I think they are one of the best guitar-based-bands in the world now. They are lots of great music being made in Poland now or was made in the past but that bizarrely rustling language doesn't help promote it abroad :)

Psychocukier - Kingdon; title track from their "Kingdom" LP

Psychocukier - Gwiazda ("Star") from Kingdom LP

Psychuckier - 7 from "Antypody Umyslu" LP

Psychocukier Live

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #980 of 7,481
You can find Psychocukier (PsychoSugar) on Spotify, I mean their last 3 albums. "Krolestwo" (Kingdom) is just pure high-octane garage/new-wave rock'n'roll... their last album ("Antypody Umyslu") is a different story though... totally avant-garde staff, as if they were trying to deconstruct rock-music in general. Either way, I think they are one of the best guitar-based-bands in the world now. They are lots of great music being made in Poland now or was made in the past but that bizarrely rustling language doesn't help promote it abroad :)

Psychocukier - Kingdon; title track from their "Kingdom" LP

Psychocukier - Gwiazda ("Star") from Kingdom LP

Psychuckier - 7 from "Antypody Umyslu" LP

Psychocukier Live

Thanks! Sounds interesting indeed, haven't checked them out yet. I know you are into heavy stuff! There were a lot of Polish workers where I used to work so I was exposed to Poland quite a lot then.

Happy New Year everybody.. keep up the good work Sonic! Looking forward to hearing how your SET amp turns out :).

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #981 of 7,481
Put some RCA tubes in custom citadel and they noisy. The ones in before where pretty quite. Hoping with time they level out.

Dec 31, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #983 of 7,481
6BG6. They did go quite but it took a while. I could tell that I through different tubes in and like it more with the new ones. I’m guessing the tubes that where in it are the stock. Joe who traded to me gave me bunch of other tubes.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #984 of 7,481
6BG6. They did go quite but it took a while. I could tell that I through different tubes in and like it more with the new ones. I’m guessing the tubes that where in it are the stock. Joe who traded to me gave me bunch of other tubes.
Ok, great then!
The stock tubes are Russian 6P7S. They are usually dead quiet. Any tube noise usually comes from the input tubes. Output tubes that aren't NOS could be noisy as well.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #985 of 7,481
Happy New Year everyone. This is a weak shot of Sydney NYE's fireworks. As 2021 is usher in, I lament the fact that I cannot try out my He1000se headphone with Oblivion, who is 300 kms away and I'm barred from going there to take it. Nevertheless Hekse sounds great out of my newly acquired Questyle CMA Twelve and I believe it will sound better with Yggdrasil + Oblivion combo. Can't wait to try that.

IMG_1640.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #986 of 7,481
Happy New Year

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #988 of 7,481
Is Sophia 6sl7 good input tube?

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #990 of 7,481
Just ordered a set of Sophia will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back