Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Nov 28, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #6,826 of 7,481
That is correct! But is somewhat delayed because of transformer issues (again but not Monolith this time). But mostly because I need to slow thing down a notch. It became too much stress for me to first work 100%, have time to workout, hang out with my girl and also push one amp per month. So, from now on I'm building 2 amps every 3 months instead.

All good Tomas. You need to slow down and have time for yourself. As for me, it's not like I have no amps here. In fact I'm pretty amplified!

See here, it's pure silver.

IMG_5335.jpg

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #6,828 of 7,481
A new high end cable is born. This one is about 3k. Don't play play. Serious high end stuff.

IMG_5339.jpg
What can you tell us about material, gauge and Strand count?

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #6,829 of 7,481
Nov 29, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #6,832 of 7,481
What can you tell us about material, gauge and Strand count?

Before I talk about those, I'll talk about how it sound. When I was first given this, I was sceptical because it didn't look as good as Norne or Forza cable but I gave it a listen anyway. Well well I was very surprised on first listen at how smooth and lively it sounded. Bass is tauter and more pronounced than Forza Noir Hybrid HPC.

Then I learned that it is 1.8mm thick OFC Copper litz. Don't know what gauge. I was told how time consuming it is to strip it of it's covering and sleeving it with the fabric and then comes the even more time consuming part of braiding it. Finally soldering it. As for material and connectors, the choice is yours but basically the sonics comes from the cable material and solder workmanship.

So the expensive amount that you pay for a Norne cable comes from the time consuming workmanship. The material cost is but a fraction of the total cost. I have to start learning how to make my own cable. The TOTL prices of so called high end cables these days are outrageous. They are almost half the cost of Susvara.

Prior to this, I have always favoured a pure silver cable for Susvara. I was very surprised that I actually like how a well made pure copper cable sound. Forza Noir Hybrid HPC is a hybrid of silver and copper, as is the Susvara stock cable.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #6,833 of 7,481
Before I talk about those, I'll talk about how it sound. When I was first given this, I was sceptical because it didn't look as good as Norne or Forza cable but I gave it a listen anyway. Well well I was very surprised on first listen at how smooth and lively it sounded. Bass is tauter and more pronounced than Forza Noir Hybrid HPC.

Then I learned that it is 1.8mm thick OFC Copper litz. Don't know what gauge. I was told how time consuming it is to strip it of it's covering and sleeving it with the fabric and then comes the even more time consuming part of braiding it. Finally soldering it. As for material and connectors, the choice is yours but basically the sonics comes from the cable material and solder workmanship.

So the expensive amount that you pay for a Norne cable comes from the time consuming workmanship. The material cost is but a fraction of the total cost. I have to start learning how to make my own cable. The TOTL prices of so called high end cables these days are outrageous. They are almost half the cost of Susvara.

Prior to this, I have always favoured a pure silver cable for Susvara. I was very surprised that I actually like how a well made pure copper cable sound. Forza Noir Hybrid HPC is a hybrid of silver and copper, as is the Susvara stock cable.
It's probably a thick cross sectional area to give those improved sonics, especially better bass.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #6,834 of 7,481
That is correct! But is somewhat delayed because of transformer issues (again but not Monolith this time). But mostly because I need to slow thing down a notch. It became too much stress for me to first work 100%, have time to workout, hang out with my girl and also push one amp per month. So, from now on I'm building 2 amps every 3 months instead.
Don't know how you manage to get all that done in 24 hours lol :).

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #6,835 of 7,481
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #6,837 of 7,481
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #6,838 of 7,481
Not sure what exactly is asked... :frowning2: but it is each cable has 1.8mm thick and 4 cables were used..
So about 4x13awg that's ****in massive - I like it :)

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #6,840 of 7,481
What is the normal thickness usually?
There is no such thing as "normal" here.
Many stock cables have 21awg or smaller.
Many aftermarket cables offer 19 awg or 17 for the thicker stuff. Q

To be clear, I'm talking about wire only, without shielding and sleeves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back