Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #2,132 of 7,484
Hi All,

Been away for so long that I was not even aware of ... all this.

Worderfull stuff, wonderfull adventure. I'm very happy for you.
I've read Maxx review (bless him) and I'm impressed.

Maybe one day I'll buy one ... and mod it to death ! :ksc75smile:

Redge78

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #2,133 of 7,484
Hi All,

Redge78
Hey Redge! It's been a while! Great to see you on here again! :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,134 of 7,484
Hi All,

Redge78
Hey Redge!

Good to hear from you after all this time, hope it's going well. Many memories, mostly good!

What have you been up to and more importantly.. how's your extravagantly modded LD going? I've just finished mine with some expensive Neotech OCC silver wire inside recently.
:)

Edit: I daren't touch it any more lol.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #2,135 of 7,484
Apr 30, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2,136 of 7,484
This will be your theme song henceforth:
Nice. You've no idea how good this song sound from LCD4 driven by Destiny. However I've given the theme song to the cheesy 'You're my destiny' by Lionel Richie because that female dancer is so curvy and irresistible.

May 1, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #2,137 of 7,484
Looking soooooo good in black and gold, unlike my miserable effort in.. please forgive me.. silver and gold.. aaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhh no :scream:.

This will be your theme song henceforth:

Personally, I think silver and gold looks pretty sweet together. :sweat_smile: I won't bore you with more pictures of the Jota, but I do have some gold knobs for its sister preamp, the Alana. Should I install them?

(PS: chrome silver is a real b*tch to take photos of. Blame the camera, not the photographer :laughing:).

Neuance2.jpg

May 1, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #2,138 of 7,484
Personally, I think silver and gold looks pretty sweet together. :sweat_smile: I won't bore you with more pictures of the Jota, but I do have some gold knobs for its sister preamp, the Alana. Should I install them?

(PS: chrome silver is a real b*tch to take photos of. Blame the camera, not the photographer :laughing:).
Oh, what the hell, go ahead and be damned :sleeping:. I can't make my mind up about this, I like chrome and I like gold!

Yes I noticed this about chrome, whenever I took photos of my tubes to sell, I always ended up on the picture without realising it lol.

Nice living room on the front panel of your amp btw!

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #2,139 of 7,484
Oh, what the hell, go ahead and be damned :sleeping:. I can't make my mind up about this, I like chrome and I like gold!

Yes I noticed this about chrome, whenever I took photos of my tubes to sell, I always ended up on the picture without realising it lol.

Nice living room on the front panel of your amp btw!
LOL!!! Thanks. I'm impressed that I was able to keep myself out of the picture. That would have ruined it. :laughing:

May 2, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #2,141 of 7,484
You need to try the LCD-4 on your Oblivion! Use high Z setting :wink:
That's what I'm dying to do. It's not everyday a new amp and a new 'heavy weight' headphone arrives at almost the same time. So next weekend, LCD4 and Destiny will be journeying back to Canberra to meet Oblivion. Can't wait !

I expect LCD4 tone to be tighten, driven by Oblivion. That would be a nice contrast, compared that to the 300b voluptuous tone.

May 2, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #2,142 of 7,484
With Destiny in the house, my attention is now turn to Odyssey..,

To get an idea of size between the 2 amps.

Destiny - 430 x 350 x 250 (from feet to top of 300b tubes)

Odyssey - 380 x 380 x 260.

Almost identical in size !!!!

Can’t wait for Odyssey build to commence. Tomas visual design is outstanding and amps have always sound amazing. This build is the pinnacle of my dreams and Tomas is equally excited in the project, I can’t wait to see and hear the finished amp based on traditional SET tube amp topology.

May 2, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #2,143 of 7,484
May 2, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #2,145 of 7,484
Let me showcase my NASA grade voltmeter. Should I have Odyssey on manual bias Tomas.....? Now that I have a space age voltmeter?

This is fun...4460DCEB-DDD5-4CFB-8CEB-645E6A55A398.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back